Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Finally! Antivaxx movements were taking over Italy!

Just a thought exercise here... I'm not suggesting people shouldn't take vaccines for contagious diseases, just encouraging some skepticism about legislation forcing us to do anything, especially take medicine.
    Ever see a kid with diphtheria?

I have.

How did he get it? His mother was stupid and didnt vaccinate.

They need to teach basic stuff to people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    The reservation here is about any medication being mandatory. Of course the aforementioned "they" would tell you it's to protect against something evil and contagious.

Just a thought exercise here... I'm not suggesting people shouldn't take vaccines for contagious diseases, just encouraging some skepticism about legislation forcing us to do anything, especially take medicine. This anti-anti-vaxx "movement" can so easily be hijacked to push this sort of law into place and it may not necessarily be the best thing for us.
    Slippery-slope arguments rarely if ever have merit and more often than naught are just an exercise in making yourself fear hypothetical scenarios.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Is there a relationship between Anti-Vaxxers and Flat-Earthers?
    Anti-Science? It's really the same attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    The reservation here is about any medication being mandatory. Of course the aforementioned "they" would tell you it's to protect against something evil and contagious.

Just a thought exercise here... I'm not suggesting people shouldn't take vaccines for contagious diseases, just encouraging some skepticism about legislation forcing us to do anything, especially take medicine. This anti-anti-vaxx "movement" can so easily be hijacked to push this sort of law into place and it may not necessarily be the best thing for us.
    This sort of crazy conspiracy theory BS is exactly why these people can recruit more crazies under their wing.
    DUHHRR VACCINES COME FROM THE EVIL GOVURNMENT THEY INJECT UR PRECIOUS CHILDS WITH MINDCONTROL NANOBITES!

Thought exercises are well and good, but these people arent exercising a thought, they're exercising dangerous stupidity that puts their children and others around them at risk.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now if we can just them from believing that the communists are trying to infiltrate and impurify our precious bodily fluids.

I also heard that sex before marriage and excessive masturbation causes blindness and even death in some cases. Reliable sources told me so!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I feel like the hardcore Anti-vaxxers would just become like those super religious parents who home school their kids, and the minute they leave home they do all the shit they were never allowed to do and slowly have their brainwashing fixed.
    Possibly, but I see a lot of the teenage kids of the pro-disease parents who see their parents as crazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfall View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47536981

Good job Italy! Keep up the fight!
    keep up fighting? the monkeys we have now continue to try to postpone the execution in the schools

I just love how everyone is supposed to just automatically buy into what “scientists” and the government says about vaccines otherwise you’re a crackpot conspiracy theorist loon. I guess I understand how Alex Jones feels now. It’s great that all this hatred and bile comes from supposed red-pillers that apparently don’t understand how deep the pockets or how evil and influencial big pharma really is. Link more vaccine studies funded by big pharma though, that’s great evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    I just love how everyone is supposed to just automatically buy into what “scientists” and the government says about vaccines otherwise you’re a crackpot conspiracy theorist loon. I guess I understand how Alex Jones feels now. It’s great that all this hatred and bile comes from supposed red-pillers that apparently don’t understand how deep the pockets or how evil and influencial big pharma really is. Link more vaccine studies funded by big pharma though, that’s great evidence.
    I can't tell if this is a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Takes longer for them to all die off than it does for them to spread their idiocy to more people.
    Because ironically, mostly all of these 'Anti-vaxxers' were vaccinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The internet caused this.

Before the internet, you couldnt find someone who believed the earth was flat. Couldnt find an anti vaxer, couldnt find a Moorish Sovereign citizen etc. . . but now look at this insanity. The earth is flat, vaccines are fake, and no ~ I don't have to show you my license officer, I'm a Moorish National, I'm Traveling, not driving.

Thanks internet. Thanks a whole bunch. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    They need to teach basic stuff to people
    The problem isn't that these people aren't taught this stuff it's that for some reason they don't believe it, think it's a huge hoax from big pharma or some other ridiculous conspiracy theory and therefore don't vaccinate.

They're willful idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    So companies that fund the research, development and testing of life saving drugs are ALL bad, evil entities and everything they do is wrong and therefore cannot be trusted....

Sure, big pharma is greedy, they're a business after all. However everything they do is independently reviewed and approved before it can make it to market (each country/ geography has their own governing body for approving this stuff, for the USA it's the FDA). It's really in their best interest to create safe and effective products otherwise no one would buy or use them.

You're advocating that every.single.person who has anything to do with pharmaceuticals or health care products (including actual the doctors and hospitals who use these products) of any kind is corrupt, untrustworthy, greedy, out to get you and taking part in some huge conspiracy to fleece the entire world out of money with zero interest in actually saving lives..... which is absolutely, ludicrously, fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    While I think believing the Earth is flat is really fucking dumb, they're allowed to believe it and they're not hurting anyone believing it.
    Believing witches exist is perfectly fine. Until someone starts a witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because as long as humans exist, there'll always be that small, yet significant percentage that are idiots.
    Except that this is not the case at all here and this is what is so puzzling about the issue. Anti vaxxers are generally better educated and better off than average so how the hell can they believe in theories and studies that are so massively proven to be inaccurate. It is a bit like people who eat their placenta. They are all well educated and wealthy..and so tremendously wrong that it makes your head spin.

People who have the evidence and facts in front of them and deny it worry me because that is a sign of schizophrenia.

I've never worked in a school where you could attend without proper vaccinations. Italy is behind the times, if anything. Though more power to them, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Anti-vaxxers are like the flat-Earth people.. They just need to be stopped, before they really fuck something up.
    Eh, flat-earth people are incredibly stupid, but mostly harmless.

Anti-vaxxers are a huge danger to people who couldn't have vaccines for medical reasons or the few who the vaccines didn't work for.