Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    At this point, I think that too. People were losing their minds over theories of who burned the tree or why, and then, bang the most boring shit ever with catapults.
    BfA is Blizzard's The Happening. The twists of the plot are that there are no twists so that anyone expecting one is disappointed. And the whole thing shows to the world that the king is naked and that their earlier work being good was probably an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I have a good plot twist. Sylvanas rules the Horde without any consequences. She doesn't win against the Alliance, but Anduin doesn't either. Saurfang can't start his rebellion, because most of the Horde stays with Sylvanas after Alliance wins some battles.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

A good plot twist should involve the fact that Sylvanas is fighting, in her way, against the Void.
    That would be the greatest asspull in Warcraft's history, because every single thing that Sylvanas has done since the conclusion of Legion has empowered N'zoth one way or another. Brother Pike couldn't have put it better: "The Old God wants us fractured, divided. I fear this war has given N'Zoth exactly what he wants."

If Sylvanas' goal is to fight the Void, she is doing a garbage job. N'zoth is winning the Battle for Azeroth thanks to her warmongering ways.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    That would be the greatest asspull in Warcraft's history, because every single thing that Sylvanas has done since the conclusion of Legion has empowered N'zoth one way or another. Brother Pike couldn't have put it better: "The Old God wants us fractured, divided. I fear this war has given N'Zoth exactly what he wants."

If Sylvanas' goal is to fight the Void, she is doing a garbage job. N'zoth is winning the Battle for Azeroth thanks to her warmongering ways.
    Void is basically the word they use on Blizzard to define "Asspull".

You see:

Void Lords = Asspull for we are running out of villains and we need to retcon Sargeras being the primal evil.

Void Elfs = Asspull of a race for alliance, because there is no way High Elfs will ever be part of alliance.

Fighting against the Void = Asspull for a redemption history that has no redemption whatsoever.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Void is basically the word they use on Blizzard to define "Asspull".

You see:

Void Lords = Asspull for we are running out of villains and we need to retcon Sargeras being the primal evil.

Void Elfs = Asspull of a race for alliance, because there is no way High Elfs will ever be part of alliance.

Fighting against the Void = Asspull for a redemption history that has no redemption whatsoever.
    Even asspulls when done right are a blessing. Void Elves are certainly not the issue with the lore nowadays, in fact the hatred for Void Elves died... 11 months ago?

As for the Void Lords, they and their minions such as N'zoth and Azshara are pretty much the only salvation this story has left.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be alright if during her final moments she did something heroic. Like striking a final blow on N'zoth for her own reasons.

But i would be really annoyed if they "reveal" that she was working on saving everyone all along, and doing all those evil deeds was the only way to achieve it.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Even asspulls when done right are a blessing. Void Elves are certainly not the issue with the lore nowadays, in fact the hatred for Void Elves died... 11 months ago?

As for the Void Lords, they and their minions such as N'zoth and Azshara are pretty much the only salvation this story has left.
    Don't get me wrong I love hot elfs with tentacles, just pointing out how the word void and asspulls are frequently associated.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas isn't going anywhere because the future is female. Baine will be replaced by a woman, as will saurfang.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    At this point in BFA Lore, we all expect a Plot Twist introduced by Blizzard to put Sylvanas as "no so bad", and some of us hope it not to be "Kerrigan Style", others do not expect anything more than dissapointment (all the right to expect that), but lets talk about a possible plot twist (or part of it) and how certain characters would react to it.

In one of the War campaigns, Nathanos mentions that Sylvanas is figthing against death, so what would happen, if it is shown that all the souls of those that die, are eventually consumed in a slow and painful manner by the shadowlands (or their denisens) -maybe is recent outcomes that have caused that-, and how would certain character react when they see their loved ones in such situations:

-Saurfang, the sad part of this, that we all know that Saurfang jr is in the shadowlands suffering a freaking lot, cause he was a DK and they are damned souls (as the DK starting zone points out and then its pointed out again in the DK class hall), what would he do to try to save his boy's soul? or would he be broken beyond repair?

-Baine, what if Cairne is also in the Shadowlands in eternal suffering, it is assumed that only wicked souls suffer forever there (as its pointed out by one of the 4th horseman -but unsure how true this is), but regardless, most souls end up in the shadowlands, what if the force that feeds on those wicked soul, is now feeding on all? including Cairne and all the Taurens that have passed? Would that push Baine to act against his own values? or even re-think his values?

-Talanji, in this case, i would assume that most trolls are spared of this afterlife of suffering, as they do have Bwonsandi, would that push Talanji to accept fully her "forced" contract with Bwonsandi? or even question Bwonsandi on the why of this or the nature of its realm (or master), or even make her people more loyal to Bwonsandi to save their soul?

-BE and NB are, IMHO, the most likely to wish to help Sylvanas "solve this" as they are more pragmatic than the other races.

-Galliwix, i would assume that he would be keen on helping Sylvanas for the sole reason of saving himself (or even plan the possibility of simply becoming undead -or Mecha-goblin?- to evade this fate)

Note: Not including the Alliance cause i do not know if this "plot twist" will be shown to both sides (as they have been keen on not showing the same to both factions to create conflict)

So yeah, what do you think might be their reaction or outcome of this?

Or/and what do you think would be the (Most likely dissapointing) "plot-twist"?
    Hey guys I have a great idea to fight against death, let’s start a war to stop a war from happening years later but when it goes sour let’s just say fk it and commit mass murder.
    We already know there are afterlives where people aren’t tortured so I’m kinda doubting they would go that route. The only thing twist I could see happening is time travel shangians due to infinity/bronze dragons saving the people who died rending their deaths a non factor or a reveal that sylvanas was influenced by the thing in th shadowlands

The only way I can be brought back to the game at this point is if the Forsaken finally break off into a 3rd faction. That is the only way Ill actually be happy with any outcome.

Do not you guys get it really? THis is just a device for blizzard to gather data. By the end of this, They will have the exact numbers for people who chose which side.
    And they will do this for the first character that the player made a choice. SInce the player may do the other side of the story out of curiosity. Anyway, after they have their data, they will compare the numbers and if it overwhelmingly for sylvannas, she will be a hero. If it is saurfang, welp, SoO 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The plot twist is that there is no twist. Just like with War of Thorns. Blizzard is too lazy to make one.
    We're seriously approaching that conclusion, aren't we? Everyone assumes there's some great lore twist that will turn this "Garrosh 2.0" lore into something brilliant but it's looking less and less likely...

Maybe there's no clever twist. No greater plan. Maybe the lame surface lore is all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Do not you guys get it really? THis is just a device for blizzard to gather data. By the end of this, They will have the exact numbers for people who chose which side.
    And they will do this for the first character that the player made a choice. SInce the player may do the other side of the story out of curiosity. Anyway, after they have their data, they will compare the numbers and if it overwhelmingly for sylvannas, she will be a hero. If it is saurfang, welp, SoO 2.0.
    Which is a terrible idea, given that people who don't really follow the lore may just pick the first option, or may pick based on their character rather than their overall preference
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Which is a terrible idea, given that people who don't really follow the lore may just pick the first option, or may pick based on their character rather than their overall preference
    exactly. I don't know how many chose the first option because they used an addon which skips quest texts.
    Also giving toys and stuff for specific answers doesn't help either. everyone who collects toys does the quest at least once with the said option to get the toy/pet/whatever.
    They just can't gather any useful data.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the way Blizzard goes out of their way to cover for her, I think the "twist" would actually be if she was evil and had to be put down.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    BfA is Blizzard's The Happening. The twists of the plot are that there are no twists so that anyone expecting one is disappointed. And the whole thing shows to the world that the king is naked and that their earlier work being good was probably an accident.
    Wait, does that mean that the next xpac will be "the last airbender" ?

I think Blizzard isnt really creating these mysteries because they thought of satisfying answers for all of them. They are mostly there to encourage discussion online.
    There is so many different things happening in this expansion, that it doesnt really matter, if most of them fizzle out into nothingness. They can just create three new mystery voices talking about some ominous circle in the sky or make some other character behave like a maniac "but is he really a maniac?" and start new discussions from there.

So at this point I dont really expect there to be a whole lot of genius plans or plot twists behind Sylvanas actions. She will just give some half assed explanation on what she did and fade into the backround for 3 expansions or so, because Jaina froze all of Stormwind out of nowhere or Nzoth shows up and declares that he was Anduin all along.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

At this stage, everyone just wants Sylvanas to die right now, no plot, no come back, just done.

Uuna.

I'm pretty sure good and bad souls wind up there.

No, I don't think Sylvanas having the ability to help those trapped in there would justify anything she's done so far. If anything, I'd want the first thing she finds peeking in there to be about 900 angry wisps.

Okay the twist is actually this, are you ready for it? Okay, the twist to Sylvanas story line is... SHE TURNS OUT TO BE EVEN MORE EVIL THAN ANY OF US EVEN IMAGINED! WE CATCH HER EATING BABY SOULS! THAT IS HOW SHE MAINTAINS HER BODIES NON DECOMPOSED STATIS!

There's never a twist anymore, everything is as it seems. We thought there was no way Blizzard would actually have Sylvanas burn the tree, that someone else could have done it to make Sylvanas look even worse, with the Alliance believing she did it and the Horde having a hard time defending her with those who weren't there believing maybe she did do it. But nope, she got pissed off and burned the tree with siege weapons that could shoot fireballs many miles away.

It seems that for most of Legion, Sylvanas was our unlikely hero who should step out of the shadows and lead the Horde to victory and being attacked by the Alliance wrongfully, to nope, Voljin was tricked into naming her warchief and she is actually evil as shit.

imo, it's too late for the twist. They've had her do things that are no longer justifiable if there was to be a twist that she isn't so bad. They've even washed away Genn's horrendous blunder, kinda like they did with Jaina's purge of Dalaran to now focus on another Warchief was evil the entire time cliche and I personally think it was Christie Golden's idea when she got more control.