Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Whats funny, is that warmode was mostly unbalanced simply because we (most alliance players) simply didn't want to turn warmode on. And apparently the only way to get us to turn it on, was to create unbalanced rewards.

Its obvious at this point we can hold our own when we actually turn wm on, we just didn't want to do so for "four fucking months" until we cried enough that blizzard handed us free heroic gear and higher bonuses.
    The reason was because at first it was just a small difference but Horde noticed it was enough that they could just make roving death squadrons. So, this incentivized Alliance to turn it off because if you're spending 5x as long to complete a quest for such a minute amount. The whole purpose was to have skewed rewards so the team that is outnumbered who is naturally going to die more is going to get enough to offset the difference. But apparently that couldn't be waited for and Blizzard just dropped the bonus themselves while once again we were still outnumbered and the gap was still at HALF what it was (so if it was 10 to 1 it is 5 to 1. If it was more, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Yep, so fair that there's no Alliance and Horde can just turn it on without worry. I mean, might as well since we're back to pre-8.1 numbers.
    What's your obsession with the 5:1 ratio? I don't know where you got that from. Neither do you.
    Where do you get your numbers? Can you tell us your source?

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What's your obsession with the 5:1 ratio? I don't know where you got that from. Neither do you.
    headcanon.
    check his posts on "alliance dominating wotlk pve" a couple pages back

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I'm talking about *all* toons sub 120, which is what you excluded.

But, regardless, 55-45% isn't some huge imbalance anyway. +- 5% is insignificant.
    Really? cause when we're talking a million people that 10% means 550,000 to 450,000 which is of course going to mimic itself in how many people are in WM which is then going to skew itself more because we know for a fact that there is a large advantage to Horde in WM.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a number I'm using because Blizzard won't give us the actual numbers, but it sounds quite accurate especially with how outnumbered we were pre-8.1 and that Ion said the gap was halved.

- - - Updated - - -

headcanon.
    check his posts on "alliance dominating wotlk pve" a couple pages back
    Where did I say dominating. I said Alliance pre WOTLK got a lot of world firsts on non-final bosses. And you yourself showed the proof for that.

Really? cause when we're talking a million people that 10% means 550,000 to 450,000 which is of course going to mimic itself in how many people are in WM which is then going to skew itself more because we know for a fact that there is a large advantage to Horde in WM.
    Which still only proves the point that the alliance have far more casual players. That's why you use all-player data, not only 120.

Which still only proves the point that the alliance have far more casual players. That's why you use all-player data, not only 120.
    That doesn't mean they're more casual because they don't want to fight in 5 to 1 odds...

- - - Updated - - -

It's a number I'm using because Blizzard won't give us the actual numbers, but it sounds quite accurate especially with how outnumbered we were pre-8.1 and that Ion said the gap was halved.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say dominating. I said Alliance pre WOTLK got a lot of world firsts on non-final bosses. And you yourself showed the proof for that.
    Non-final kills don't count now, they didn't count then. World first irrelevant bosses are always irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean they're more casual because they don't want to fight in 5 to 1 odds...
    more headcanon. please stop, it's embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Making up a random ratio is not 'accurate'. Just cuz you feel like that, it doesnt mean it IS like that.

Your argument is literally this: horde-ally 5:1, Ion said *insert random quote out of context*.

That's your whole argument now. Where do you go with that?

Making up a random ratio is not 'accurate'. Just cuz you feel like that, it doesnt mean it IS like that.

Your argument is literally this: horde-ally 5:1, Ion said *insert random quote out of context*.

That's your whole argument now. Where do you go with that?
    How is the quote he gave "out of context". Literally even at it's strongest bonus the Blizzard acknowledged that the Horde OUTNUMBERED the Alliance. It was a massive outnumbering pre-8.1. And the week after the raid released that gap had still only halved even despite 30% bonus and the 400 ilvl item.

And yet you still seem to ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Whats funny, is that warmode was mostly unbalanced simply because we (most alliance players) simply didn't want to turn warmode on. And apparently the only way to get us to turn it on, was to create unbalanced rewards.

Its obvious at this point we can hold our own when we actually turn wm on, we just didn't want to do so for "four fucking months" until we cried enough that blizzard handed us free heroic gear and higher bonuses.
    Amen brudda.

Non-final kills don't count now, they didn't count then. World first irrelevant bosses are always irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

more headcanon. please stop, it's embarrassing.
    What are you talking about, plenty of people cared because once again back then it took a lot to get through bosses. People didn't have the resources they do now, all the information on what bosses do or any of that. Hell, it matters enough that the site you yourself used showed it.

What are you talking about, plenty of people cared because once again back then it took a lot to get through bosses. People didn't have the resources they do now, all the information on what bosses do or any of that. Hell, it matters enough that the site you yourself used showed it.
    No, that's not how it works. Lol you think people cared who got wf champions of light? It's a compilation of data, doesn't mean all of the data there is equally important.
    WF HEROIC LOOTSHIP? Roflmao.

dropped from 30 to 15%.
    No it didn't you dense clown, it kept dropping steadly by 5% per week untill it stalled at 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that it isn't relevant, like, at all.

We are talking about the Alliance : Horde ratio at max level, or atleast at the level in which it matters, that being 110 to 120. There could be a hundred million people playing level 1 goblins, it wouldn't change anything about BFA warmode. There could be half a billion people playing level 10 gnomes, it wouldn't change anything about BFA warmode.

The horde dominance at 120 doesn't matter because alliance are at a very slight advantage at lower levels therefore it totally balances out because um, having more level 60s beats the horde 120 advantage, um, yes.
    The playerbase isn't zero sum.
    Speciation Is Gradual

No, that's not how it works. Lol you think people cared who got wf champions of light? It's a compilation of data, doesn't mean all of the data there is equally important.
    WF HEROIC LOOTSHIP? Roflmao.
    You're just ridiculously senile and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    No it didn't you dense clown, it kept dropping steadly by 5% per week untill it stalled at 15.
    Sorry, you're right, it dropped instantly to 20% for one week instead because we did get one more 385 piece. Then it went to 15% the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Except that it isn't relevant, like, at all.

We are talking about the Alliance : Horde ratio at max level, or atleast at the level in which it matters, that being 110 to 120. There could be a hundred million people playing level 1 goblins, it wouldn't change anything about BFA warmode. There could be half a billion people playing level 10 gnomes, it wouldn't change anything about BFA warmode.

The playerbase isn't zero sum.
    Except, when you use data like this you actually do have to consider WHY there are less alliance players in warmode than horde. You know, to ACCURATELY represent your claim, not just use some biased, limited insight on the situation.

This is exactly how the 'wage gap' myth got debunked. By actually looking at all variables, not just the small portion you think 'only matters'.

Learn to identify causes before you jump into conclusions.

You're just ridiculously senile and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, you're right, it dropped instantly to 20% for one week instead because we did get one more 385 piece. Then it went to 15% the week after.
    I like how you purposely ignored the sses of alliance raids camping, too.

- - - Updated - - -

yes alliance were totally victims

Just to remind you, that alliance have never been blameless victims

(of course you'll ignore it again)

I like how you purposely ignored the sses of alliance raids camping, too.
    I like how you still ignore the fact that Alliance are outnumbered.

Except, when you use data like this you actually do have to consider WHY there are less alliance players in warmode than horde. You know, to ACCURATELY represent your claim, not just use some biased, limited insight on the situation.

This is exactly how the 'wage gap' myth got debunked. By actually looking at all variables, not just the small portion you think 'only matters'.

Learn to identify causes before you jump into conclusions.
    It doesn't fit his narrative.

Noone (but him) brought up at level cap. But you know how it be.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how you still ignore the fact that Alliance are outnumbered.
    50:50 isn't outnumbered.

Actually, let me fix it for you

I like how you still ignore my narrow opinion that Alliance are outnumbered.
    Because yes, I do ignore your opinion, because it isn't based in facts.

It doesn't fit his narrative.

Noone (but him) brought up @Max level. But you know how it be.

- - - Updated - - -

50:50 isn't outnumbered.
    You think it's 50:50, that's hilarious.

That moment when Ion himself stated that the gap only halved after the ilvl nerf to the item and you think it's 50:50.