Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Yeah, and Horde didn't start complaining until the BoD release. Which was 1 week before they nerfed it all.
    Nah, people were saying "30% is bullshit" from the beginning.
    You were too busy camping flightpoints to notice.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Nah, people were saying "30% is bullshit" from the beginning.
    You were too busy camping flightpoints to notice.
    Funny because much like the Against Overwhelming Odds that I never did I also never camped flightpoints.

    And you had maybe a couple people, but most understood the purpose was because the Alliance was MASSIVELY outnumbered. And you're telling me that after 3 weeks of being massively outnumbered with little change after one week of getting a 400 piece and massive shitstorms it suddenly drops to 20%. Yeah, sure.

  3. #283
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,221
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    So, if for example we had enough for 20 Horde groups going out and only 2 Alliance and once again Horde outnumbers Alliance, you're saying it's okay because they're both in groups?
    Its okay because both sides are free to create groups. If the horde has 20 groups in an area the smart thing to do is avoid the area. Because it will be tougher to do anything. Or you get an equal amount of alliance (or better skilled) to attempt to take them on. That is exactly what world PvP is. I don't see why you can't grasp that concept despite being so interested in PvP in the first place.

    Alliance has out numbered Horde on some shards just as Alliance has out numbered horde. There has also been groups of Alliance taking out lone horde players. You keep trying to make this into some sob story for the Alliance when it isn't. It goes both ways. It is just a natural part of world PvP. It isn't meant to be a fair fight. It isn't meant to be a balanced fight. It is what it is. You keep trying to make it into duels or battlegrounds. It is not a structured experience and never has been. Turn it off if you don't like it. But you won't because you'll need a reason to continue to whine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    And you had maybe a couple people, but most understood the purpose was because the Alliance was MASSIVELY outnumbered. And you're telling me that after 3 weeks of being massively outnumbered with little change after one week of getting a 400 piece and massive shitstorms it suddenly drops to 20%. Yeah, sure.
    Do you have any sort of proof? Or are we supposed to just take your word for it? You know after you just got done dismissing someone because you won't accept their word. Its funny how this all started because you were whining over being camped at a hunter quest spot and now its morphed into this greater thing of Blizzard nerfed the buff because horde complained.

    Seriously. Suck it up or turn off PvP. Stop focusing on the rewards. If you can't handle it turn it off.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My assumption is that most players start their playtime in WoW at their expansion hub, check what content is available for the day and just go out and do it. For the Alliance it is extremely easy to hop in the portal to SW, turn WM off/on depending on what they want and hop out (and do the same when they HS back after they are done).
    For the Horde it actually is somewhat less convenient tbh; your transportation hub is at the docks and the portal is way up the pyramid. But Dazar'alor's design is fucked up anyway. I'd say the fact that you'd have to add a few minutes of FP travel for the change does negatively effect the ease of use for Horde players.
    I won't counter the Horde BFA hub sucks. But we are talking 2-3 minutes. If this is something that makes people have the desire to quit the game a couple minutes is pretty easy. Not to mention in the recent change all portals lead to Org. So you can Dal hearth to Org and pop back over to Dal or whatever. Remember that you can go with it on and if it goes to shit just find a rested area to turn it off which is how I role. I typically have it on and then go out in the world. If I have 2 raid groups of alliance in a zone I am working and its a total shit show unless I take the time to organize another raid group and then after that decide to fight the phasing game to counter it I just whistle back to a point and turn it off.

  5. #285
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Meanwhile, me trying to do finish the Hati questline.

    If you can't tell, the person with the empty health bar and the one with the blue health are Alliance. The rest are Horde.
    Welcome to the way it was for Allies for the longest time.

    Warmode working as intended, no so fun when the shoe is on the other foot is it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Welcome to the way it was for Allies for the longest time.

    Warmode working as intended, no so fun when the shoe is on the other foot is it?
    guessing you didn't understand that the OP is Alliance and complaining about the amount of horde.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Alliance chose to turn it off because based on how many more Horde there are it's not worth it for 15% when we have to do 5x the work.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, as far as I know RP servers are sharded differently due to the nature of RP. Would kinda ruin RP immersion if you suddenly had a bunch of people not RPing.
    No they didn't. The 400 reward proved Alliance was able to organize enough where it wasn't 5x the work.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    No they didn't. The 400 reward proved Alliance was able to organize enough where it wasn't 5x the work.
    And then that was dropped to a 385 and yeah it was.

  9. #289
    How it can be balanced if one side has something that other dont have?

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Welcome to the way it was for Allies for the longest time.

    Warmode working as intended, no so fun when the shoe is on the other foot is it?
    Are you serious? This is what it's been like the entire time except that one week we got a quest for a 400 piece. Alliance has ALWAYS been outnumbered otherwise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    How it can be balanced if one side has something that other dont have?
    Because one sides working 5x harder to get the bonuses so the offset is equal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its okay because both sides are free to create groups. If the horde has 20 groups in an area the smart thing to do is avoid the area. Because it will be tougher to do anything. Or you get an equal amount of alliance (or better skilled) to attempt to take them on. That is exactly what world PvP is. I don't see why you can't grasp that concept despite being so interested in PvP in the first place.

    Alliance has out numbered Horde on some shards just as Alliance has out numbered horde. There has also been groups of Alliance taking out lone horde players. You keep trying to make this into some sob story for the Alliance when it isn't. It goes both ways. It is just a natural part of world PvP. It isn't meant to be a fair fight. It isn't meant to be a balanced fight. It is what it is. You keep trying to make it into duels or battlegrounds. It is not a structured experience and never has been. Turn it off if you don't like it. But you won't because you'll need a reason to continue to whine.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Do you have any sort of proof? Or are we supposed to just take your word for it? You know after you just got done dismissing someone because you won't accept their word. Its funny how this all started because you were whining over being camped at a hunter quest spot and now its morphed into this greater thing of Blizzard nerfed the buff because horde complained.

    Seriously. Suck it up or turn off PvP. Stop focusing on the rewards. If you can't handle it turn it off.
    You can't get an equal number of alliance because the Horde outnumber us, that's the whole point.

    As for proof what we have is what Ion has said. For one thing we know the Alliance was MASSIVELY outnumbered in 8.0. In 8.1 they introduced the skewed rewards, after like 5 weeks and 1 week including a 400 piece the gap has still only halved.

    Once again, if your only thing is to say "turn it off" please rewind time and tell that to the horde complaining at the end of January.

  11. #291
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,221
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You can't get an equal number of alliance because the Horde outnumber us, that's the whole point.
    You are never facing off against the total horde vs Alliance population. Stop being silly for dramatic effect. It can be easy to get a group together that out numbers the current horde you are facing. I've done it before. We have communities dedicated to doing just that. Yet here you are some one whining about PvP saying that it is is impossible for an alliance group to be larger then a horde group.

    And once again I say Turn it Off to anyone whining over PvP. You don't seem to get that. You can only understand that I am saying it against you so I must not say it to anyone else. Whiners whine. If you can't handle the basics of PvP then you should turn it off. You've spent days now showing exactly why you can't handle world PvP. Which is why you should turn it off.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are never facing off against the total horde vs Alliance population. Stop being silly for dramatic effect. It can be easy to get a group together that out numbers the current horde you are facing. I've done it before. We have communities dedicated to doing just that. Yet here you are some one whining about PvP saying that it is is impossible for an alliance group to be larger then a horde group.

    And once again I say Turn it Off to anyone whining over PvP. You don't seem to get that. You can only understand that I am saying it against you so I must not say it to anyone else. Whiners whine. If you can't handle the basics of PvP then you should turn it off. You've spent days now showing exactly why you can't handle world PvP. Which is why you should turn it off.
    And once again, if your choice is to say "turn it off" you're an idiot, because it doesn't solve anything, and in fact exacerbates the problem because now there's even less Alliance which you apparently can't get through your head.

    And once again. There is more Horde than Alliance, so regardless of how many you get, there's always the possibility for the Horde to get more which wouldn't be a problem if it was like a couple more, but when it's you know up to 5x as many as you can get.

  13. #293
    Legendary! jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Are you serious? This is what it's been like the entire time except that one week we got a quest for a 400 piece. Alliance has ALWAYS been outnumbered otherwise.
    I know, I was being sarcastic because Alliance have been getting screwed all expansion with Warmode imbalance, and the one time they added an incentive and Allies did outnumber Horde the crying and pushback from Horde players was unbelievable.

    "Warmode working as intended" is "Warmode is inherently imbalanced and not fun."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I know, I was being sarcastic because Alliance have been getting screwed all expansion with Warmode imbalance, and the one time they added an incentive and Allies did outnumber Horde the crying and pushback from Horde players was unbelievable.

    "Warmode working as intended" is "Warmode is inherently imbalanced and not fun."
    I mean, yeah, that was basically my whole point with this. It took 4 months before Blizzard did something about the massive imbalance. It took them 1 week when the Horde started complaining because of one mistake (the 400 ilvl item was never meant to be 400, only 385).

  15. #295
    Every time I speak to an alliance that does this group zerging, their reply is always, well horde do it to us. Not me, I say. I literally mind my own business and occasionally get into 1v1 or small group vs small group and that's super enjoyable. I don't mind being outnumbered within reason, but more often than not, it's a slaughter. I don't know what makes a person enjoy raid camping/griefing. So but it seems to usually be these pvers who claim to be victims of horde attacks (they don't necessarily get off to camping like some do) and are only repaying us in kind. Two wrongs make a right and all that. And horde actually have a reason to really be vengeful lately. Not excusing dickish behavior.

    Honestly, the vast majority of the time I see world pvp happening where there is group pvp, ally outnumber horde (because they have more incentive to turn on warmode). Sometimes horde decide to group and fight back and sometimes we just don't have the people or the alliance disperse or run into cities or abuse quest mechanics to run from bounty. Really though, I think this warmode crap just brings out the worst in people.

    I mean alliance have a quest that incentivizes raid pvp, kill 120 horde or something? And before that pvers wanted the 400/385 reward and don't pvp so they join a group/raid. So right out the gate, the battlefield is set to be lopsided and relentless and all it does is piss off actual pvpers and make them opt out of warmode. Seriously I wonder if I am a masochist to keep my warmode on. I just spent an hour trying to kill Rotbough but at least I killed a few bounties and clicked on the bags before I was killed.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2019-03-20 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xD

  16. #296
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Meanwhile, me trying to do finish the Hati questline.



    If you can't tell, the person with the empty health bar and the one with the blue health are Alliance. The rest are Horde.
    Yeah? And? What exactly is your point?
    I have an entire folder full of screenshots and videos of multiple alliance raid groups camping Zuldazar capital and docks for hours on end during the period of time alliance had the 20% buff, is that supposed to be fine then? alliance should get 20% additional incentive to do the thing to us that they were complaining about us doing to them for no additional incentive? Do you see the complete failure in logic there?

    The bottom line that you people seem not to grasp is that if alliance were capable a forming up groups and camping cities, flight points, and quest hubs with the 20% buff they were equally capable of doing it with no buff at all and simply chose not to. Horde have no issue doing it when we're not getting extra rewards for it, right? wasn't that what all the alliance were crying and moaning about in the first place; being camped by and outnumbered by horde?

    So they created a system that defacto provides only the alliance with extra incentives to enable war mode to try and balance out the fact that they intentionally chose not to engage in it, and you're complaining that the extra incentives aren't high enough? but somehow the alternative where the same thing is happening to us and the other side is given extra goodies for it is what you think should be the norm?

    Sorry, but you really need to get a grip. Either disable war mode, pay for a faction transfer to The horde, or get your alliance buddies to turn warmode on and fight back. Whichever of those options you choose please stop complaining. your faction has absolutely no one but themselves to blame.

  17. #297
    I am sure enjoying the 20% bonus xp for my kul tiran human.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •