Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    NEXT WEEK? The alliance bonus was 30% and free heroic gear for like what, 5-6 weeks if not 2 months in 8.0 and one week in 8.1 and then when a whole mythic guild abused it they realized it was too much.

    Boohoo, cry about being stuck at Hati for like 2 hours when horde players couldn't even go near their mission table ship for days because of the free hc gear.
    It sure as hell was not. It was like the end of January when the Quest for the 400 was available and as soon as that shit hit Horde was complaining and it got dropped instantly.

    And yeah, a mythic guild "abused" it. Blizzard nerfed it and the bonus. And most of the Alliance turned off WM again because it wasn't worth getting gangbanged by horde.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    It sure as hell was not. It was like the end of January when the Quest for the 400 was available and as soon as that shit hit Horde was complaining and it got dropped instantly.

    And yeah, a mythic guild "abused" it. Blizzard nerfed it and the bonus. And most of the Alliance turned off WM again because it wasn't worth getting gangbanged by horde.
    Did you even read my comment? The free hc gear was present for almost 2 months during 8.0 way before january. But you don't complain about that cuz it's not current anymore.
    'boohoo i want my 400 ilvl hand-out'

    15% means the factions are almost equal. Quit crying.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Did you even read my comment? The free hc gear was present for almost 2 months during 8.0 way before january. But you don't complain about that cuz it's not current anymore.
    'boohoo i want my 400 ilvl hand-out'

    15% means the factions are almost equal. Quit crying.
    Once again, it's funny because I never used the quest. Did you even read? And hell no they are NOT almost equal.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-03-13 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Once again, it's funny because I never used the quest. Did you even read? And hell no they are NOT almost equal.
    I dont care whether you used it or not, it was there and the horde port was unplayable on reset days.

    Here we go again: the warmode bonus % adjusts according to the amount of players who have warmode turned on. The lowest possible buff is 10%. THAT MEANS that when the alliance has 15% it's pretty close to being equal.

    The game literally shows you this.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I dont care whether you used it or not, it was there and the horde port was unplayable on reset days.

    Here we go again: the warmode bonus % adjusts according to the amount of players who have warmode turned on. The lowest possible buff is 10%. THAT MEANS that when the alliance has 15% it's pretty close to being equal.

    The game literally shows you this.
    Mean, it only did that AFTER the horde complained Hm.....

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Mean, it only did that AFTER the horde complained Hm.....
    Exactly, because alliance started to turn it on for free gear and camping the living hell out of horde flight points, which meant horde started to turn it off so it equalized.

    What's so hard to understand in this?

  7. #27
    TIL: World PvPers are assholes

    Oh, no, wait, this one's been obvious for over a decade now

    *not so fondly recalls questing in Stranglethorn Vale in vanilla*

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Exactly, because alliance started to turn it on for free gear and camping the living hell out of horde flight points, which meant horde started to turn it off so it equalized.

    What's so hard to understand in this?
    Bullshit. The horde complained until Blizzard nerfed it and then the Alliance found it not worth it because the % was nerfed, the item from the quest was nerfed and things were still horde favored even with that.

  9. #29
    Just turn warmode off and move on with life. It's stupidly annoying, I get it. You want to participate in that part of the game, but there is no reasonable way to go forward.

    The only thing that will make Blizzard reassess the situation again is numbers. Since the change to rewards the horde are mobilised and outnumber us significantly; every discussion in a public forum will go like this one has.

    Turn it off and move on. Maybe in another 5 expansion's time they will reassess the way they balance shards to address the actual problem, instead of balancing at a macro level.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Bullshit. The horde complained until Blizzard nerfed it and then the Alliance found it not worth it because the % was nerfed, the item from the quest was nerfed and things were still horde favored even with that.
    Lost cause. Live your conspiracy theories kid. Wait for those hand-outs.

  11. #31
    The OP should simply reroll Horde,just like anybody else who "enjoys playing with WM on". That way, when he ever meets an Alliance player in the open (which will happen extremely rarely) he is guaranteed to have a fair 1:1 experience, because the Alliance player will most certainly be alone.

    Problem solved.

    P.S.: Faction based open world PvP has never worked in this game. Never. If anybody treis to tell you differently, he is lying.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Lost cause. Live your conspiracy theories kid. Wait for those hand-outs.
    You call it a conspiracy, but during the developer interview after while talking about how they were nerfing the item already even Ion said that the gap between the Horde and Alliance was only halved. And that was WITH the 30% bonus active.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Just turn warmode off and move on with life. It's stupidly annoying, I get it. You want to participate in that part of the game, but there is no reasonable way to go forward.

    The only thing that will make Blizzard reassess the situation again is numbers. Since the change to rewards the horde are mobilised and outnumber us significantly; every discussion in a public forum will go like this one has.

    Turn it off and move on. Maybe in another 5 expansion's time they will reassess the way they balance shards to address the actual problem, instead of balancing at a macro level.
    Literally, one thing would be easy enough. Put raids in their own shard and they don't get the bonuses until the other faction has it's own raid join. This makes the focus of world PvP more on solo and small groups instead of getting 40 people and going to town on an area. Obviously, it'll still be able to happen, but not as easily as just having everyone join a raid. It's also too bad they can't just get their damn sharding to actually balance and put the same number of alliance and horde on the same shard.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Well, according to you PvPs "Not fair" so change it back.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, the title literally mentions the fact they think it's fine at 15%.
    You're excellent at making no sense, so whatever.

  14. #34
    Legendary! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The OP should simply reroll Horde,just like anybody else who "enjoys playing with WM on". That way, when he ever meets an Alliance player in the open (which will happen extremely rarely) he is guaranteed to have a fair 1:1 experience, because the Alliance player will most certainly be alone.

    Problem solved.

    P.S.: Faction based open world PvP has never worked in this game. Never. If anybody treis to tell you differently, he is lying.
    Or better yet, get an easy gank because Horde outnumbers the lone gnome 5 to 1.

  15. #35
    I always have warmode up for assaults and then turn it off. Imo it's fine. You just need to stick together and fight in groups. You can spend an hour camping idiots that refuse to come at you with a group of their own.
    Some specs however are broken as fuck.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    This one incredibly localised sample from one single shard definitely means the Alliance are significantly outnumbered 50:1
    exactly sharding was supposed to fix this imbalance so it should put more alliance in that shard

  17. #37
    Just cancel the buffs already. This whole concept is wrong.
    Blizz initially said the buff is not an incentive, but it's meant to offset the wasted time caused by pvp-ing.
    And then, when there's not enough Alliance not only do they triple the bonus but they also give a unique quest with gear reward. This is clearly as incentive and not for any offset.

    Take this post, for instance. If you'd get the 30% buff and item for doing the quest 1vs30 because it takes you a lot longer, that would be an offset buff.
    If the balance is skewed because of it and there's 500 alliance versus 1 horde and your buff actually makes Horde waste so much more time, it's an incentive.

    Just do away with the incentive crap. If people WANT to pvp, let them. If they don't, then they won't. What's the problem? That nobody will? Then guess what, it means the feature sucks. The reward for pvp is pvp.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Meanwhile, me trying to do finish the Hati questline.



    If you can't tell, the person with the empty health bar and the one with the blue health are Alliance. The rest are Horde.
    >Using Warmode to do a quest literally day one of it's release, when LOTS of people are going to be doing it.

    >Complaining when those LOTS of people start ganking.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Did you even read my comment? The free hc gear was present for almost 2 months during 8.0 way before january. But you don't complain about that cuz it's not current anymore.
    'boohoo i want my 400 ilvl hand-out'

    15% means the factions are almost equal. Quit crying.
    While i would agree with most you said you gotta admit that the free heroic gear during the early weeks was mostly useless since it was 370 itemlvl

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    >Using Warmode to do a quest literally day one of it's release, when LOTS of people are going to be doing it.

    >Complaining when those LOTS of people start ganking.
    The funny thing is when I was iniitally doing it (before being roadblocked by Thorim not spawning because I've quested Storm Peaks which was a bug they already knew about and fixed on the PTR which STILL made it in) people were actually being pretty chill because well, we just want to get our spirit beast no reason to be hostile. But hey, when you're 30 to 1 how dare Alliance people even try to get near.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    You're excellent at making no sense, so whatever.
    How so? Reread the title again. Blizzard: "Warmode balance is fine with Alliance at the 15% bonus"

    I specifically mention the bonus because at the very least if they upped the bonus it would make it kinda worth it. Not to mention might make some Alliance turn it back on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    While i would agree with most you said you gotta admit that the free heroic gear during the early weeks was mostly useless since it was 370 itemlvl
    It's funny cause he wants to talk about the one week we got a 400 ilvl item. Meanwhile the truth in this meme hurts.



    The horse one hurts even more cause they finally gave us a non-horse mount. Gotta play Horde to get it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •