Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Poor alliance has to be bribed to even turn on pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Just let world pvp die. Warmode is blizzard life supporting a feature obviously almost nobody wanted. If they did want it PvP servers would be packed and everyone would be flagged for PvP
    Fun fact - 5 of the 10 top progression (And generally populated) servers were PvP servers. The 3 top were also PvP servers.

Granted, the top 10 servers were also extremely skewed towards one faction or the other, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    How dare a newly added patch-quest be crowded by a lot of people? Of course the majority will kill other faction.

Didn't blizzard say they changed sharding so one faction didn't outnumber the other?

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Didn't blizzard say they changed sharding so one faction didn't outnumber the other?
    That is literally impossible. If you have 300 Horde and 200 Alliance, and shards suppport 50 then there is no way to have perfect balance. You either do 50 horde in each shard with 0 alliance on 2 shards, 50 horde per shard and 30-ish alliance on each shard, or balance a few and imbalance others. Then, throw in the LFG tool throwing the balance out of whack for every single raid boss zoning in 20-30 extra H or A to a shard.

who has the fabulous idea to enable warmode doing a quest EVERY hunter is doing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    who has the fabulous idea to enable warmode doing a quest EVERY hunter is doing right now?
    anyone who is horde seems to be able to just fine.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    You turned it on. Why did you turn it on if you don't want the risk that comes with it? Just turn it off.

Then we can get Against Overwhelming Odds again next week.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Great, then let's make it at least worth it and buff the bonus back up to 30%. Then we can listen to the Horde cry about how it's not "fair". And give us our 400 piece back so the Horde can cry about how it's not "fair".

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny, cause originally when I completed it, but Blizzard messed up and forgot to fix it (Thorim wouldn't spawn if you had done Storm Peaks up to his kidnapping) everyone was actually being kind and civil.

- - - Updated - - -

I always love hearing the "turn it off" argument. I like PvP. I don't like 30 v 1 gangbangs that leave you unable to do anything but leave for half an hour and hope it's alleviated.
    How stupid so you have to be? Get ganked 30 v 1 (I suspect in your case it is probably 1v1). Logoff for 30 mins. Get ganked 21v1. Logoff again for 30 mins...

OR

Get ganked 30v1. Goto rest area. TURN WM off. Do quest.

It is a no brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Poor alliance has to be bribed to even turn on pvp.
    Horde tears on the forums was the best bribe blizzard could give.
    ”I can't do anything cause the alliance keeps killing me.”

So tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

i think there should be zero perks at all for either side with war mode. you either want to do world pvp, or you don't. no reason there needs to be any reward, although if blizzard wanted to reward wpvp kills with something like conquest or honor, or marks of honor, that would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How stupid so you have to be? Get ganked 30 v 1 (I suspect in your case it is probably 1v1). Logoff for 30 mins. Get ganked 21v1. Logoff again for 30 mins...

OR

Get ganked 30v1. Goto rest area. TURN WM off. Do quest.

It is a no brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde tears on the forums was the best bribe blizzard could give.
    ”I can't do anything cause the alliance keeps killing me.”

So tasty.
    The fact that I have to go turn it off, come back, finish the quest, go back to Stormwind, turn it back on, is not a solution, it's just retarded. You shouldn't have to do that to turn in ONE quest.

>people expecting world PvP to be balanced

o i am laffin

Yeah, how dare I try to enjoy a little bit of open world pvp. Not like I enjoy 1 on 1s or 2 on 1s. Nope, have to have fun soloing pretty much raid groups. for 15% bonus.
    newsflash: wow isn't meant to meet the expectations of every single snowflake - sometimes you will be outnumbered, as horde this usually is the opposite

suck it up and do the quest without WM or wait until they are gone
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Alternatively instead of complaining you could just disable it.

Yes there were a lot of alliance in that one location. Unless you're completely pants-on-head stupid you'll understand that one place in the game is not equal to the entire warmode balance. Is that seriously what you're trying to say?

People crying about pvp in 2019 when all servers are now effectively pve servers. New wow meme is born

No offense, but you know it’s going to be a bottleneck of Hunters doing this quest. Knowing full well you’re going into an area where there’s bound to be many enemies is just ignorant.
    One of 2 things was going to happen. What happened to you, or the opposite where your faction is dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No offense, but you know it’s going to be a bottleneck of Hunters doing this quest. Knowing full well you’re going into an area where there’s bound to be many enemies is just ignorant.
    One of 2 things was going to happen. What happened to you, or the opposite where your faction is dominant.
    Except when I was there earlier when it was busted (anyone who did Storm Peaks up to Thorim's abduction wouldn't see him) People were being civil as hell. Everyone was just sitting there peacefully because we're all there just to get our pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    newsflash: wow isn't meant to meet the expectations of every single snowflake - sometimes you will be outnumbered, as horde this usually is the opposite

suck it up and do the quest without WM or wait until they are gone
    Bullshit, as Horde they're usually the ones doing the outnumbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Alternatively instead of complaining you could just disable it.

Yes there were a lot of alliance in that one location. Unless you're completely pants-on-head stupid you'll understand that one place in the game is not equal to the entire warmode balance. Is that seriously what you're trying to say?
    This. And every invasion. And the tortollan spots. And pretty much anywhere where it's given both an alliance and horde wq. But sure, "it's just one location"

PvP implies we have some sorta chance when it's literally 3 of us, one already dead, one dying, to like 30 horde.

PS, there's also more obviously not in the screenshot, sitting on the circle above in case any alliance dares try to get anywhere near.
    And on another shard elsewhere you'll find alliance outnumbering horde 50:1. Don't project your anecdote to the entire population. Ganking raids are part of world PvP. If you don't like it, there's an easy way to avoid it now.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    And on another shard elsewhere you'll find alliance outnumbering horde 50:1. Don't project your anecdote to the entire population. Ganking raids are part of world PvP. If you don't like it, there's an easy way to avoid it now.
    That's pure bullshit and you know it.

And here's why.

1) Even if you go by their bonuses. Alliance is getting 15%, Horde's getting 10% which means there's more Horde than alliance.
    2) Even had gotten 30% for a bit and we got the 1 week of a piece of 400 gear Ion stated that the gap was only halved. And only then after the Horde complaints did the % get dropped.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-03-14 at 05:42 PM.

Even at 1:1 ratios of players, you will never be able to avoid situations like this, unless you restrict player movement or annoy people with forcing them to phase even harder (as in too bad you want to group with these people, there is too many of your faction in that section of the world right now!).

So yeah, 15% is probably not a significant (!) enough difference to matter, when your baseline "unfairness"/randomness is as high as world pvp usually is.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."