Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Think of it as now we get to have access to Dr. Doom and Galactus, not so much the fantastic four.
    Is silver surfer free?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How exactly has this not been slapped down by anti-trust and anti-monopoly stuff yet? Do they just no longer care how big companies get anymore?
    I guarantee you companies as massive as Disney hire all sorts of lawyers to find any loophole for their massive growth.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Is silver surfer free?

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee you companies as massive as Disney hire all sorts of lawyers to find any loophole for their massive growth.
    Pretty much. I guess we can all look forward to a dystopian future where we're all ruled by a handful of mega-corps instead of governments!

Maybe Disney and Viacom can merge.

They'll invent a device that sends you C&Ds if you even THINK about their IPs.

Disney should rebrand as B&L. Then we live 700 years on a space ship

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney vs amazon vs google

WW3

Can someone explain to me how a movie studio can have a monopoly on movies? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic but I'm having a hard time understanding how they can abuse the system.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sooner or later Disney is Gona become the economy.
    Someone insert the Mickey/thanks meme
    Also doesn’t this mean Disney now owns deadpool...he’s Gona take out thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Sooner or later Disney is Gona become the economy.
    Someone insert the Mickey/thanks meme
    Also doesn’t this mean Disney now owns deadpool...he’s Gona take out thanos
    I look forward to using E-Tickets as currency.

Personally I can't wait until our Mouse overlord replaces all forms of transportation with rollercoasters and giant tea cups.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How exactly has this not been slapped down by anti-trust and anti-monopoly stuff yet? Do they just no longer care how big companies get anymore?
    Because the movie business now includes streaming and Disney+ Fox does not dominate that. Besides there would only be a monopoly if you couldn't get a theater for a new release and that is not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Too bad Fox News isn’t part of the merger. Wouldn’t mind seeing Captain America come out and deck Tucker in his gut every time he lies.
    I just received an email from Fox:

Hello,

As you may have heard, 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company have completed a corporate transaction. As a result, FOX News is now part of the newly formed Fox Corporation. For important updates about Profile following the recent corporate transaction, please review the information below or visit here.

FOX will continue to manage your Profile across certain FOX and Disney properties, during a period of transition, including, for example, FOX NOW and FXNOW. As before, once you create a Profile on any of those properties, you will not need to re-register your Profile. And, if you have an existing Profile, you can continue to use it across those properties while we transition.

Privacy Policy

The privacy policy that applies to the use of your personal information collected through FOX News and FOX Nation has been updated. Your privacy is important to us; to view the updated privacy policy for FOX News, please visit here, and for FOX Nation, please visit here.

Thank you,
    The Fox News Team
    So uhh ... I wonder what that means for Fox News?

If the Aliens are spawned by the Alien Queen, does that make them Disney Princesses?

It’s official. Get ready for mutants, fantastic four, the cosmic gods and doctor fucking doom
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Can Disney just buy the entirety of Hollywood already and make every single movie a PG-13 children's movie?

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    If this was 1980 your point would be right on the money. But it isn't. And you aren’t.
    Um, what?

/10chars

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Good thing we have Anti-Trust laws because otherwise, corporations would become too big.
    Well let's hope these laws are enforced, and not reduced by some representatives who've got corporate lobbies. But that's never happened right? Corporate interests over common people inserting themselves into politics? /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I just received an email from Fox:

So uhh ... I wonder what that means for Fox News?
    Business as usual unfortunately. They weren't part of the deal. They'll still be riling up the old and the under educated about the dangers of non-white folks, atheism, and communism.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Iam not sure if iam super excited that Deadpool is now part of the MCU or seriously fucking worried that Disney is gonna castrate his balls and make a shitty PG-13 spoof of Deadpool.

Honestly I support this because it'll get all of Marvel under one umbrella again. Meaning Disney has done well, because the content Marvel Studios has produced has been high quality enough for people (like me) to be very supportive of this merger.

Now if only the studios fighting over the Star Trek rights can do the same soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Iam not sure if iam super excited that Deadpool is now part of the MCU or seriously fucking worried that Disney is gonna castrate his balls and make a shitty PG-13 spoof of Deadpool.
    They already confirmed that they want to use his brand for a 18+ branch of movies.