Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, when does Fury of Xuen get nerfed?

Bloodmallet.com just released their new azerite sims/rankings.

Fury is worth almost double the DPS of the next best trait.

And a 370 piece with Fury is only ~150 DPS worse than the next best trait(Open Palm) at 415.

Seems like a nerf is inevitable and, without buffs elsewhere, WW will officially be dead.

It's only the first one though, after that it drops pretty heavily in value below many other traits and with the extra rings coming I doubt it will be too much of an issue to get a single one of them on your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

And a 370 piece with Fury is only ~150 DPS worse than the next best trait(Open Palm) at 415.

Seems like a nerf is inevitable and, without buffs elsewhere, WW will officially be dead.
    i doubt that one trait will cause every monk player to drop thier class...just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    i doubt that one trait will cause every monk player to drop thier class...just saying
    Oh, it can and it will if the FotM club decide the spec is bad - They'll all reroll in a heartbeat.

Personally, I love my class, Shaman, despite it's ups and downs. It's the most fun for me. I can't imagine rerolling every other month just to because something about my class isn't optimal.
    Here is something to believe in!

Eh I'll stay Monk regardless. I spent most of last expo playing only the top specs and it was draining. Besides, MW and BRM are still strong

15+ Year Old Account

These are preliminary data and is incomplete based on the data the site provides. If you look, there is no data at all for blood DK, holy priest, brewmaster monk, protection paladin, protection warrior, or vengeance demon hunter. There isn't even a listing to show the spec for disc priest, resto druid, resto shaman, or mistweaver monk (as in they aren't even listed showing "There is currently no T23 Dazar'alor profile for this spec in SimulationCraft" when you hover over the tooltip like the first set I listed). But to answer the question you asked, yeah nerfs will probably come in to bring them closer to the other options available just like other classes will have traits nerfed (looking at Blur of Talons for BM hunter having a larger gap between it & the next best trait option and subtlety's The First Dance having a larger gap between it & the next best trait and demonology's Treacherous Covenant having a larger gap between it & the next highest trait). Hell the gap between First Dance provides 1931 dps at 370 compared to Inevitablity providing 1502 with a 415 piece which is literally proving it is THE TRAIT to use no matter what ilvl the piece is. With Glory of the Dawn at least it is comparable to Fury if you have a 415 piece with it on and only a 370 with the Fury on it. Sub rogues literally are gimped if they don't use it regardless of what ilvl it is. Also you're comparing 1 trait per character instead of trait stacking (BTW using your own link shows Glory of the Dawn is better than Open Palm Strikes). Once you start stacking traits the difference between Fury and Open Palm Strikes is less than 200 dps when you have 3 pieces with it on. Other classes have a much larger gap between traits when they use trait stacking. MUCH MUCH larger.

Didn't you know that every person who plays WoW quits/starts playing again based on one trait for one spec of one class? Sheash, where have you been?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW icyveins has Fury only best on patchwork type fights while Open Palm Strikes is significantly higher than Fury on 3 targets or M+

8.1 data on icy-veins

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Oh, it can and it will if the FotM club decide the spec is bad - They'll all reroll in a heartbeat.
    I am interested to see how all the DH will drop thier ww monks^^.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Didn't you know that every person who plays WoW quits/starts playing again based on one trait for one spec of one class? Sheash, where have you been?!?!?
    i think i have been in zuldazar.... but thanks for letting me know, immedeatly unsubbed after hearing this!^^

I meant as in viable in high-end raiding.

Obviously everyone isn't going to stop playing the class.

Reaping has been really fun and I could see WW being meta this season due to it, so we've still got that going for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    These are preliminary data and is incomplete based on the data the site provides. If you look, there is no data at all for blood DK, holy priest, brewmaster monk, protection paladin, protection warrior, or vengeance demon hunter. There isn't even a listing to show the spec for disc priest, resto druid, resto shaman, or mistweaver monk (as in they aren't even listed showing "There is currently no T23 Dazar'alor profile for this spec in SimulationCraft" when you hover over the tooltip like the first set I listed). But to answer the question you asked, yeah nerfs will probably come in to bring them closer to the other options available just like other classes will have traits nerfed (looking at Blur of Talons for BM hunter having a larger gap between it & the next best trait option and subtlety's The First Dance having a larger gap between it & the next best trait and demonology's Treacherous Covenant having a larger gap between it & the next highest trait). Hell the gap between First Dance provides 1931 dps at 370 compared to Inevitablity providing 1502 with a 415 piece which is literally proving it is THE TRAIT to use no matter what ilvl the piece is. With Glory of the Dawn at least it is comparable to Fury if you have a 415 piece with it on and only a 370 with the Fury on it. Sub rogues literally are gimped if they don't use it regardless of what ilvl it is. Also you're comparing 1 trait per character instead of trait stacking (BTW using your own link shows Glory of the Dawn is better than Open Palm Strikes). Once you start stacking traits the difference between Fury and Open Palm Strikes is less than 200 dps when you have 3 pieces with it on. Other classes have a much larger gap between traits when they use trait stacking. MUCH MUCH larger.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW icyveins has Fury only best on patchwork type fights while Open Palm Strikes is significantly higher than Fury on 3 targets or M+

8.1 data on icy-veins
    Obviously there's no profiles for those specs. Simc isn't going to have damage sims set up for those specs.

And, yikes, citing icy veins lol.

I meant as in viable in high-end raiding.

Obviously everyone isn't going to stop playing the class.

Reaping has been really fun and I could see WW being meta this season due to it, so we've still got that going for us.
    Meta? Why? You have a chance on FoF to spawn Xuen...that is a chance on every reap to perform well...a chance.
    Para becomes useless because no more infested.

Rest of utility stays as it is...that means utility wise we still don't bring as much as other classes and we're still not as tanky as other classes....i don't see why "op xuen" should make ww meta? please help me to understand this one.

Meta? Why? You have a chance on FoF to spawn Xuen...that is a chance on every reap to perform well...a chance.
    Para becomes useless because no more infested.

Rest of utility stays as it is...that means utility wise we still don't bring as much as other classes and we're still not as tanky as other classes....i don't see why "op xuen" should make ww meta? please help me to understand this one.
    I wasn't really linking Xuen to the Reaping part. I was basically just saying that even if we're in a bad spot in raiding, we should be fairly strong in M+.

WW still brings some of the best burst AoE, has the AoE stun and Ring to stagger the Reaping mobs if needed. Maybe won't be meta, but should be in a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

Personally, I love my class, Shaman, despite it's ups and downs. It's the most fun for me. I can't imagine rerolling every other month just to because something about my class isn't optimal.
    Wish I could be that optimistic about it. I love Windwalker, but with melee slots being so few, I constantly get passed over for any other melee whose much better based on rankings.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

There it is.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ing-January-29

33% nerf.

Depending on the Arms buff, WW might be the worst single target spec in the game without perfect ToK usage come tomorrow.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2019-01-29 at 03:25 AM.

You just had to mention it, didnt you lmao.. well... rip.

Gotta feel sorry for those poor Demon hunters who didn't get any nerfs. Must be tiring staying at the top.

Aaaand it went from a 67% stack to 100%. Hakuna Matata before declaring the worlds exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickNasty View Post
    Aaaand it went from a 67% stack to 100%. Hakuna Matata before declaring the worlds exploding.
    That's just Blizzard fixing it since they forgot that the 33% nerf would require more stacks to reach 100% than the original.

You would very rarely be coming close to 67 stacks anyway, so there's basically no difference.

Open Palm Strikes x3 is a must nowadays and really OP. I currently have it stacked and have Gonk Outrunner Shouldeguards level 385. And as I have 400 chest with Fury of Xuen, only real up for shoulders are from HC Jaina. Most of 415 pieces would be also worse than current ones. Seems like only possibility is that I get some 400 chest with Open Palm Strikes and other good trait and buy 415 shoulders with Open and Xuen

Since when is 17% more almost double???

Nevermind I got necrobaited oops.

3x open palm strikes was always a must except for when in Uldir and benefiting from reorigination array

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury of Xuen stacking buff is now cancelled when an encounter begins.
    Nerfed again.