Thread: Jaina hotfixes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    *lets nerf the health of the elemental nobody kills and lets certain classes get significant ST dps increases by cleaving or multi dotting onto* Who was the genius at blizzard that thought up this hot fix nerf? Unless you nerf the stack situation nobody is going to kill that thing so this only adds another thing to worry about onto the encounter.

Especially as the guilds progressing on Jaina now will be at progressively higher ilvls on a week to week basis, making it even easier to get the elemental low even faster. It definitely throws a wrench into the encounter and another thing you need to micro manage your raiders on not sure what Yindoo is trying to debate about tbh lol. It's not the end of the world, it's just a dumb change that doesn't make the encounter easier at all. If they wanted to nerf the 5% health is more then enough for right now to get guilds over the hump.
    It'd be super easy to "fix" not killing the elemental now as well, and I think it'd make for a better encounter instead of this amalgamation where you literally have to *click off* bloodlust. It's so counter-intuitive as a mechanic.

For whatever intern at Blizzard that might monitor this, here's your fix:

Make Jaina not stack chilling debuff untill Nathanos is *freed*, instead of when the wall is *broken*. That way you have until the ice reaches the boat to kill off the elemental+free Nathanos, and the small elementals+Nathanos has the exact same HP so people would single-target burst elemental just like the wall, then AOE the 3x low-Hp mobs, and boom, it's worth killing the elemental cos stacks don't start ticking till you're out of the phase anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    You're arguing about raiding and end boss mythic plays with a guy that raids in a World 12 guild. Bruh. Unless you outrank his guild, his main class, or any of his guild's rooster class, you have absolutely no argument whatsoever there...
    His signature says Echoes, which are World 93?! Other guilds have been mysteriously able to kill Jaina after the hidden buff of removing 35% of the Elementals HP.

Also how incredible stupid are you to say one's opinion is invalid because you need to outrank his guild/member/him? LOL. I probably outrank him/several of his guild member if I bother to check but that does not mean he knows more than me or vice versa.

Again its a none issue but if draco likes to continue to argue that his theoretical guild problem is a problem for every guild ever, go for it.

Our jaina kill this week the elemental had less than 100k hp on the kill. If we had more of the big cleave classes it would have easily died just by cleave.

I would love to see Yindoo logs of their elemental damage taken. Would be interesting to see what a "none padding" guilds elemental health looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    His signature says Echoes, which are World 93?! Other guilds have been mysteriously able to kill Jaina after the hidden buff of removing 35% of the Elementals HP.
    Nobody ever said that you can't kill the boss. You're being deliberatelly obtuse because you know your argument is weak. There was no reason for the health nerf on the elemental, and it's an additional difficulty added to the fight, which goes entirely *against* the two other "nerfs" they made to make the fight *easier*. It was a stupid change, and it only serves to punish guilds with heavy accidental-cleave setups.

Again its a none issue but if draco likes to continue to argue that his theoretical guild problem is a problem for every guild ever, go for it.
    You'll be hard pressed to give me examples of guilds where they haven't had to take precautions from cleaving the elemental dead post-hotfix .

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Nobody ever said that you can't kill the boss. You're being deliberatelly obtuse because you know your argument is weak. There was no reason for the health nerf on the elemental, and it's an additional difficulty added to the fight, which goes entirely *against* the two other "nerfs" they made to make the fight *easier*. It was a stupid change, and it only serves to punish guilds with heavy accidental-cleave setups.

You'll be hard pressed to give me examples of guilds where they haven't had to take precautions from cleaving the elemental dead post-hotfix .
    I'm sure in Blizzard's mind they're trying to encourage the use of whatever strategy they envisioned guilds would use for the fight, that no one actually uses.

There's nothing special about this fight I don't know what else to say.