Thread: Zandaladin Loa?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    They don't need one.

As Kathranis said, they get Holy power (and by default, Shadow too) from their Faith alone now. In their Queen, in their Empire, even in Krag'wa or Bwonsamdi if they want to.
    I'll make a Prelate who worships Jani, the BEST LOA.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    I'll make a Prelate who worships Jani, the BEST LOA.
    I am still sad and a bit pissed we can't pick Jani as part of the loa buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

It seems they have regained their faith and are now using the Light in a similar way to how most other paladins do. Still honoring Rezan and his legacy (some of them in the raid are even called "rezani"), but drawing their power directly from the Light itself - even if unknowingly.

If you want an alternative, Kimbul or Shirvallah work pretty well. Some have suggested Torcali, as it would fit their racial mount, but I'm not sure if it fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Loas resurrect eventually? I'd say having faith in the return of their sun god would be enough to
    keep their access to The Light.

Jani, because Zandalari paladins are trash, obviously.

I for one am so excited to see Zandalari become the most popular paladin race, if not for their racials alone.

Make the Horde Horde again!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Don't Loas resurrect eventually? I'd say having faith in the return of their sun god would be enough to
    Rezan was killed by a powerful blood magic ritual and his body risen into undeath, which may void his resurrection clause in some way. Or just remove him from play long enough that he's a non-factor in the story in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Can we stop using braindead terms like "Zandaladin" pls, thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well from my understanding, Light is easily manipulated and used from faith alone. You don't need a deity, you don't need to necessarily be well taught and you don't need to be GOOD or morally correct
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-03-16 at 09:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The current Prelate Loa seems to be Torcali: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Torcali. Torcali is a huge, mountain-like Direhorn, which resembles the direhorn prelate mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Rezan was killed by a powerful blood magic ritual and his body risen into undeath, which may void his resurrection clause in some way. Or just remove him from play long enough that he's a non-factor in the story in any case.
    Rezan is dead and his spirit was used to reanimate King Dazar. Rezan is no more.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Rezan is dead and his spirit was used to reanimate King Dazar. Rezan is no more.
    Not necessarily. We kill Dazar in King's Rest, likely releasing the essence of Rezan that animated him. We know from Torga that the Loa can reincarnate (with some outside aid) so it may be possible to recover Rezan's soul and allow him to reincarnate as well. Unknown if that will happen, of course, but it could be a way to break Talan'ji and her descendants free from their bondage to Bwonsamdi.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not necessarily. We kill Dazar in King's Rest, likely releasing the essence of Rezan that animated him. We know from Torga that the Loa can reincarnate (with some outside aid) so it may be possible to recover Rezan's soul and allow him to reincarnate as well. Unknown if that will happen, of course, but it could be a way to break Talan'ji and her descendants free from their bondage to Bwonsamdi.
    We do not kill Dazar, we stop him. He's still "alive" when we leave the instance. He even tells us to go and deal with Zul afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We do not kill Dazar, we stop him. He's still "alive" when we leave the instance. He even tells us to go and deal with Zul afterwards.
    Ah, I thought he died with those words - didn't remember him still standing albeit undead. Either way Rezan's essence would still be in him, then; so possibly recoverable in any case.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder if Bwonsamdi could bring Rezan back. It would be a really interesting bargain for Talan'ji to make.
    I would assume Rezan exists in Bwonsamdi's realm to some capacity, the same as Torga did after he was killed. I have a feeling that Talan'ji is precisely where Bwonsamdi wants her for the time being - even his offer to her to break the bargain binding Rastakhan's bloodline to him was probably more a test for Talan'ji than it was a true desire for Sylvanas' head. Although with Bwonsamdi who can really say what he's after at any moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Can we stop using braindead terms like "Zandaladin" pls, thank you.
    That's pretty much a very hard no.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would assume Rezan exists in Bwonsamdi's realm to some capacity, the same as Torga did after he was killed. I have a feeling that Talan'ji is precisely where Bwonsamdi wants her for the time being - even his offer to her to break the bargain binding Rastakhan's bloodline to him was probably more a test for Talan'ji than it was a true desire for Sylvanas' head. Although with Bwonsamdi who can really say what he's after at any moment.
    Doubt Bwonsamdi has the soul of Rezan since Zul use it to rez the old king which means any follower of Zul and himself are except from the pact of Bwonsamdi on carry souls for him, if anything he is MIA until the plot calls for him which probably is to set Talanji free and kick ass with her new loa or maybe he returns as a life/light mix loa
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    well , we know that the Wild Gods all ressurect inside of the Emerald dream ... and it 's been established that the troll loa are in fact wild gods.

well ..... i think it 's actually that *most* of the loa are wild gods and because night elves in the past have tried to tell the trolls that their "loa" are actually wild gods but the trolls brushed it off

so if it's established that all loa = wild gods, then the dead loa should come back in time ... which means:

OUR BOY REZAN IS ON HIS WAY BACK BOIZ

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rezan's soul is inside Dazar in a corrupted, perverse form. Rezan is gone, just like Hir'eek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    well , we know that the Wild Gods all ressurect inside of the Emerald dream ... and it 's been established that the troll loa are in fact wild gods.

well ..... i think it 's actually that *most* of the loa are wild gods and because night elves in the past have tried to tell the trolls that their "loa" are actually wild gods but the trolls brushed it off

so if it's established that all loa = wild gods, then the dead loa should come back in time ... which means:

OUR BOY REZAN IS ON HIS WAY BACK BOIZ
    Again - nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Rezan's soul is inside Dazar in a corrupted, perverse form. Rezan is gone, just like Hir'eek.
    Not sure how you arrived at that - Dazar, while under the control of Zul, is very much himself and actively fighting that control insofar as he's able. Rezan's body was corrupted in undeath but the essence of Rezan within Dazar might be fine, even if it can't be utilized any further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Doubt Bwonsamdi has the soul of Rezan since Zul use it to rez the old king which means any follower of Zul and himself are except from the pact of Bwonsamdi on carry souls for him, if anything he is MIA until the plot calls for him which probably is to set Talanji free and kick ass with her new loa or maybe he returns as a life/light mix loa
    Depends - the power of Rezan may be separate from his soul or essential selfdom. The reincarnated Torga may not be quite what he was when the Blood Trolls killed him, for example, but he is still seemingly himself and with time that power may return or regenerate. The same may be true for Rezan in that Zul siphoned off some of his power to resurrect Dazar, and turned his physical body into an undead abomination, but his soul or selfdom may have moved on to the Other Side or something along those lines. My personal theory is that some, perhaps even most, of Rezan's power is now invested into a new vessel: Vol'jin.

Depends - the power of Rezan may be separate from his soul or essential selfdom. The reincarnated Torga may not be quite what he was when the Blood Trolls killed him, for example, but he is still seemingly himself and with time that power may return or regenerate. The same may be true for Rezan in that Zul siphoned off some of his power to resurrect Dazar, and turned his physical body into an undead abomination, but his soul or selfdom may have moved on to the Other Side or something along those lines. My personal theory is that some, perhaps even most, of Rezan's power is now invested into a new vessel: Vol'jin.
    There is a high chance for him being in the other side and maybe he is doing some buddy cop things with Vol'jin over there but I doubt he is gonna get the uub treatment like Torga, if Shandra is already back(or hinted at the very least with that assassin in the recruitment scenario) then Rezan probably could be restored with a bunch of Azerite. I can see this can be 1 reason for Talanji to gather a bunch to rez her old loa in the backs of Bwonsamdi if he gets pushy or starts doing shit that is affecting negatively the zandalaris.

Vol'jin being infused with the power of Rezan is another possibility, he is above of any common spirit and probably his soul is inmortal like the wild gods or demons.