Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you were clueless perhaps. Nowadays we have wowhead and addons that will make leveling alot easier and faster.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I mean if you have played/followed any private server you'd know that leveling hardly takes anytime these days in vanilla and even less when people reach lvl60 and start boosting for gold.

leveling was not a big part of vanilla, it just took a buch of time for first timers. It takes maybe 8 days of played time if youre going at a moderate pace to reach level cap. Then you get to farm gear for a raid tier and then respec and farm new gear for the next raid tier. Farm Ekos, farm res gear, farm mats for pots ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    leveling was not a big part of vanilla, it just took a buch of time for first timers. It takes maybe 8 days of played time if youre going at a moderate pace to reach level cap. Then you get to farm gear for a raid tier and then respec and farm new gear for the next raid tier. Farm Ekos, farm res gear, farm mats for pots ect ect
    You realise that 8 days played is 192 hours? Looking at the current releases, RDD2 clocks in at 67.5 hours and AssCreed: Odyssey at 99.3 hours and those games are large sandboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you were clueless perhaps. Nowadays we have wowhead and addons that will make leveling alot easier and faster.
    Why does your alot needs leveling tho? Or is it a new class in classic?

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say with a straight face that 8 days of /played is not a big part?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Why does your alot needs leveling tho? Or is it a new class in classic?

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say with a straight face that 8 days of /played is not a big part?
    I mean, when vanilla ended my main at the time was at 50-80 days played so 1/8th to 10th isn't really that much time, all things considered

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I mean, when vanilla ended my main at the time was at 50-80 days played so 1/8th to 10th isn't really that much time, all things considered
    Leveling requires you to progress, to actually do something, amount of time you spent AFKing doesn't count in leveling, because you've got no experience doing that. And sitting around and waiting is how you spend most of your time in vanilla at 60.

So, all things considered - 8 days of /played time IS a big part. It's almost 200 hours of you sitting in front of a monitor pressing buttons and playing the game, compared to spamming "LFM, BRD NO ROGUES" in orgrimmar for an hour, while watching TV or something.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You do realise that 8 days played is almost 200 hours right?

So if someone is ONLY able to play 20 hours a week (about 3 hours a day) they will take about 10 weeks to get there.

Just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No need to warn anyone. Millennials won't play it anyway because Classic is the opposite of instant gratification. And most people who are interested in classic have already played it.
    Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Now that we have defined what a millennial is... I just wanted to say that I was born in 1987, so that make me a millennial and when WoW came out in 2004, I played the shit out of it, up to AQ40/Nax40. And I think that 90%+ of the WoW population are millennial.
    Core i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 32GB Fury X 2133Mhz | Asus GTX1070 Strix
    Phanteks Evolv ATX | Corsair GTX H110i | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Corsair RM 650x

Leveling requires you to progress, to actually do something, amount of time you spent AFKing doesn't count in leveling, because you've got no experience doing that. And sitting around and waiting is how you spend most of your time in vanilla at 60.

So, all things considered - 8 days of /played time IS a big part. It's almost 200 hours of you sitting in front of a monitor pressing buttons and playing the game, compared to spamming "LFM, BRD NO ROGUES" in orgrimmar for an hour, while watching TV or something.
    Sitting in ironforge was probably how *you* spent your time at 60, sure. Just like now, I play with a lively roster of friends and I pretty much have no downtime.
    So yeah, it wasn't that much time.

I'm fine with it. Leveling was painful but so rewarding in Vanilla. I didn't even understand what raiding was when I hit 60. I was just thrilled that I was finally at the level cap and winning the game!

It's important to people who had never played MMOs before, and, to be frank, they're the majority, but to many of us who came from other MMOs, e.g., neocron (me), eq, daoc, levelling was irrelevant for the most part because we knew that the real fun started at max level when we finally had access to everything, being able to do said "everything" was a different topic

And there's plenty of asocial and antisocial people back in classic who never talked to others, if your only goal was to quest, you could easily survive w/o ever communicating, plenty of people did so. When it comes to doing group quests, I'd seen plenty of people who either quietly waited till more people showed up for minutes/hours, or ignored group content altogether till they could do it themselves by outlevelling it on purpose.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-04-16 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Because its harder, you will eventually make friends in the world and invite players to a group (remember you can "tag" mobs even to your own faction, you will need to group up)
    This is questionable. I think people today will just find a group to do things, not necessarily make friends. Sure, there are some that will but it does not guarantee good behavior from anyone.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Cant wait for the leveling in classic. Its actually one of the things im looking most forward to. The max lvl is the same as retail. Do dungeons, do raids & Bgs.

But the leveling? it takes place in the old azeroth! How it was before cataclysm! its been years since I traveled in the old world.

It will be great! Max lvl content is long down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This is questionable. I think people today will just find a group to do things, not necessarily make friends. Sure, there are some that will but it does not guarantee good behavior from anyone.
    I remember back in classic/BC we were often pushed into having to group up for certain stuff. It was often more "I must group up to do it", than "Oh yeah, lets group up for this, it will be fun to meet someone else!"

Can be debated if its good or not "forcing" people to group up in order to complete content. Personally I dont mind it. I like the idea of needing your other adventurers to complete certain tasks. Its more than just you, but theres a "us".

Thats how it is with raids and dungeons, so why not in the outdoor world?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I remember back in classic/BC we were often pushed into having to group up for certain stuff. It was often more "I must group up to do it", than "Oh yeah, lets group up for this, it will be fun to meet someone else!"

Can be debated if its good or not "forcing" people to group up in order to complete content. Personally I dont mind it. I like the idea of needing your other adventurers to complete certain tasks. Its more than just you, but theres a "us".

Thats how it is with raids and dungeons, so why not in the outdoor world?
    I agree and I am more for "there is us" rather than just me.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Ganking is the whole point of classic wow...
    Depends what you mean with ganking.

World pvp between same level/gear/numbers power? Yes, absolutely.
    World pvp between high levels and low level characters? Absolutely NOT!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Depends what you mean with ganking.

World pvp between same level/gear/numbers power? Yes, absolutely.
    World pvp between high levels and low level characters? Absolutely NOT!
    Why?

No, ganking is ganking, there is no "what you mean by", it doesn't discriminate on players based on their gear, level, class, AFK status or whatever.
    Level 1 poking to death a level 60 rogue who was sitting AFK in stealth and got bumped in is the same as level 60 killing level 1 after tricking him into tagging himself in pvp.

Why?

No, ganking is ganking, there is no "what you mean by", it doesn't discriminate on players based on their gear, level, class, AFK status or whatever.
    Level 1 poking to death a level 60 rogue who was sitting AFK in stealth and got bumped in is the same as level 60 killing level 1 after tricking him into tagging himself in pvp.
    A number of zones doesn’t require pvp tagging, a lot of zones past lvl 30 are contested zones, meaning everyone can attack the opposing faction.

Ganking specifically means killing someone with an unfair advantage, such as numbers (player), levels or power. 5 lvl 35-40 vs another group of 5 35-40 players can be good fun. But when a group of 40+ lvl 60s camp Stranglethorn Vale that’s just ruining all the fun...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Leveling was pretty much the whole game for me. I didn't raid in Classic (aside from the occasional pug that downed Onyxia, maybe downed 1-2 bosses in MC, etc), so endgame for me consisted of running level 60 dungeons and collecting all the best gear (short of raid gear) that I could get my hands on. So really, most of my favorite Classic WoW memories involve things that happened below level 60. As a very casual player (juggling college and a job), I remember taking months to reach 60.

I think my biggest regret (and something that I would've done different if I could warn myself) was rolling on a PvP server. I understood the "you can kill and be killed by other players" warning that the game itself gave, but I didn't have it in my head that ganking would happen as frequently as it did or get to the point where the "exit game" button was my only option. By the time I'd been playing long enough to realize that (which was right around the time I got to STV), I just stuck with it because I'd already made friends on that server and didn't want to ditch them.

Of course that's not a problem in live WoW these days because I can just keep Warmode disabled (and I've just been grouping with people on PvE servers for stuff like world quests since cross-realm grouping has been a thing). But I'll definitely be playing on a PvE realm for Classic this time.

edit: that all said, I won't be surprised if I unintentionally burn through things a lot faster than I did my first go, just because I remember where to go and what to do for most of the quests. Not to mention I understand the game in general a lot better than I did 14 years ago (so I know not to waste gold on shit like statless armor from vendors or useless skills from class trainers, I don't click/keyboard turn anymore, etc). The "difficulty" is going to at least be cut in half for me this time, I think.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-04-20 at 12:48 AM.

Neets will be breezing through the leveling quicker than those with less playtime, thus keeping casual players suspended in fantasy world for longer. Like it or not, leveling is one of the core pillars in vanilla.