Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    to answer the poster yep lvling was the best bit. never raided back then so all i did was lvl it look me and my mate 6 months to get to lvl 60, and with in that we had lives to live so yeh i will be happy with the old schooled grind

Warn players? Why?!?!?!?!? "Uhm you know there is a lot to do in this game, so uhm we have to warn you, that you might not be done with this game in 2 months".

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    https://electronics.howstuffworks.co...-warcraft1.htm

"According to one of Yee's 2005 studies, 84 percent of "World of Warcraft" players are male, and 16 percent are female. The average player's age is 28, and female players tend to be a few years older than male players"

We, the true average wow player, were not impatient kids and read the quests patiently.

Thank you for posting that. Sorry, the lack of "markers" didn't make vanilla questing difficult, especially for those of us coming from older MMOs like DAOC and the like.

You know what made it hard? The fact that you were a kid that didn't want to read the quest text. The rest of us were more patient and just read the text that literally told you where to go. The game came with a built in compass + map. You didn't really have to work hard compared to older MMO's which lacked even those basics.

I understand the window has shifted in the last 15 years, and now all the shiny outlines, and flashing arrows and pulsing icons on the map are the norm. But that doesn't mean that without those things it was "hard"... cmon now.
    Last edited by Xyrax; 2019-04-13 at 11:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I know you are a new poster and the pressure to push some post count can be hard on you, but do you really think posting nonsense and necro-quotting others helps?

Stay on topic.
    Thanks for keeping me in your mind. I said good day

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You are boring. Welcome to my ignore list.
    The definition of calling a tea pot calling the kettle black. Thanks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    30-42 level range still gives me nightmares. The number of times I just gave up an rerolled at 33... STV and Shimmering Flats *shivers in rage*
    I’m honestly considering going PvE realm just because of STV ganking, well ganking in general.
    Ganking is the whole point of classic wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were clueless perhaps. Nowadays we have wowhead and addons that will make leveling alot easier and faster.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I mean if you have played/followed any private server you'd know that leveling hardly takes anytime these days in vanilla and even less when people reach lvl60 and start boosting for gold.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    leveling was not a big part of vanilla, it just took a buch of time for first timers. It takes maybe 8 days of played time if youre going at a moderate pace to reach level cap. Then you get to farm gear for a raid tier and then respec and farm new gear for the next raid tier. Farm Ekos, farm res gear, farm mats for pots ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    leveling was not a big part of vanilla, it just took a buch of time for first timers. It takes maybe 8 days of played time if youre going at a moderate pace to reach level cap. Then you get to farm gear for a raid tier and then respec and farm new gear for the next raid tier. Farm Ekos, farm res gear, farm mats for pots ect ect
    You realise that 8 days played is 192 hours? Looking at the current releases, RDD2 clocks in at 67.5 hours and AssCreed: Odyssey at 99.3 hours and those games are large sandboxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you were clueless perhaps. Nowadays we have wowhead and addons that will make leveling alot easier and faster.
    Why does your alot needs leveling tho? Or is it a new class in classic?

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say with a straight face that 8 days of /played is not a big part?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Why does your alot needs leveling tho? Or is it a new class in classic?

- - - Updated - - -

How can you say with a straight face that 8 days of /played is not a big part?
    I mean, when vanilla ended my main at the time was at 50-80 days played so 1/8th to 10th isn't really that much time, all things considered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I mean, when vanilla ended my main at the time was at 50-80 days played so 1/8th to 10th isn't really that much time, all things considered
    Leveling requires you to progress, to actually do something, amount of time you spent AFKing doesn't count in leveling, because you've got no experience doing that. And sitting around and waiting is how you spend most of your time in vanilla at 60.

So, all things considered - 8 days of /played time IS a big part. It's almost 200 hours of you sitting in front of a monitor pressing buttons and playing the game, compared to spamming "LFM, BRD NO ROGUES" in orgrimmar for an hour, while watching TV or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that 8 days played is almost 200 hours right?

So if someone is ONLY able to play 20 hours a week (about 3 hours a day) they will take about 10 weeks to get there.

Just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No need to warn anyone. Millennials won't play it anyway because Classic is the opposite of instant gratification. And most people who are interested in classic have already played it.
    Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Now that we have defined what a millennial is... I just wanted to say that I was born in 1987, so that make me a millennial and when WoW came out in 2004, I played the shit out of it, up to AQ40/Nax40. And I think that 90%+ of the WoW population are millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Leveling requires you to progress, to actually do something, amount of time you spent AFKing doesn't count in leveling, because you've got no experience doing that. And sitting around and waiting is how you spend most of your time in vanilla at 60.

So, all things considered - 8 days of /played time IS a big part. It's almost 200 hours of you sitting in front of a monitor pressing buttons and playing the game, compared to spamming "LFM, BRD NO ROGUES" in orgrimmar for an hour, while watching TV or something.
    Sitting in ironforge was probably how *you* spent your time at 60, sure. Just like now, I play with a lively roster of friends and I pretty much have no downtime.
    So yeah, it wasn't that much time.

I'm fine with it. Leveling was painful but so rewarding in Vanilla. I didn't even understand what raiding was when I hit 60. I was just thrilled that I was finally at the level cap and winning the game!

It's important to people who had never played MMOs before, and, to be frank, they're the majority, but to many of us who came from other MMOs, e.g., neocron (me), eq, daoc, levelling was irrelevant for the most part because we knew that the real fun started at max level when we finally had access to everything, being able to do said "everything" was a different topic

And there's plenty of asocial and antisocial people back in classic who never talked to others, if your only goal was to quest, you could easily survive w/o ever communicating, plenty of people did so. When it comes to doing group quests, I'd seen plenty of people who either quietly waited till more people showed up for minutes/hours, or ignored group content altogether till they could do it themselves by outlevelling it on purpose.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-04-16 at 08:18 AM.

Cant wait for the leveling in classic. Its actually one of the things im looking most forward to. The max lvl is the same as retail. Do dungeons, do raids & Bgs.

But the leveling? it takes place in the old azeroth! How it was before cataclysm! its been years since I traveled in the old world.

It will be great! Max lvl content is long down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This is questionable. I think people today will just find a group to do things, not necessarily make friends. Sure, there are some that will but it does not guarantee good behavior from anyone.
    I remember back in classic/BC we were often pushed into having to group up for certain stuff. It was often more "I must group up to do it", than "Oh yeah, lets group up for this, it will be fun to meet someone else!"

Can be debated if its good or not "forcing" people to group up in order to complete content. Personally I dont mind it. I like the idea of needing your other adventurers to complete certain tasks. Its more than just you, but theres a "us".

Thats how it is with raids and dungeons, so why not in the outdoor world?

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Ganking is the whole point of classic wow...
    Depends what you mean with ganking.

World pvp between same level/gear/numbers power? Yes, absolutely.
    World pvp between high levels and low level characters? Absolutely NOT!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!