Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Raiding with Leashes VI

so I know in past expansions you could only run raids once and you were locked to them..... but this one you can run normal, zone out and then do heroic yeah? so you can run it twice, plus LFR as well I guess

edit: I guess you can't do it on normal and heroic, just tried it. I thought you could, maybe that came in later expansions. damn.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-03-13 at 09:18 AM.

It technically came in MoP, but not until SoO, and possibly only when 6.0 hit which converted SoO to the new raiding format (scaling normal, scaling heroic, 20man mythic).
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

For Raiding with Leashes it's not really that needed, the pets have quite high drop rates as per usual. I cleared all 3 relevant raids with 3 characters so far and only missing 3 pets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so I know in past expansions you could only run raids once and you were locked to them..... but this one you can run normal, zone out and then do heroic yeah? so you can run it twice, plus LFR as well I guess

edit: I guess you can't do it on normal and heroic, just tried it. I thought you could, maybe that came in later expansions. damn.
    this is one of the things that alts were made for! you can only run raids once a week per toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    For Raiding with Leashes it's not really that needed, the pets have quite high drop rates as per usual. I cleared all 3 relevant raids with 3 characters so far and only missing 3 pets.
    rng is rng. ive ran the same raid on 5-6 toons and got NO drop.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

You can't run both heroic and normal in the same week on one character but you can run one of those plus LFR. I did this and got several pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    this is one of the things that alts were made for! you can only run raids once a week per toon.

- - - Updated - - -

rng is rng. ive ran the same raid on 5-6 toons and got NO drop.
    Yeah, rng is rng, but the drop rate of those pets is way higher than raid mounts, or even the old raid pets (like Kovok and Sha pets from SoO).

If you truly did one of those raids 6 times and didn't get even one pet that's incredibly unlucky.

In the history of this achievement series (raiding with leashes) I think my least lucky pet was the one from the Satyr in Karazhan, and it took 15 tries. That was also my worst luck by a good margin. Most of those pets you will get in 3-5 tries.

I ran this last weekend with 5 different toons and got all but 3 pets. Hope to finish this up this weekend.

Got it pretty easy with only 8 alts and its so easy to speed run through those 3 raids.

The drop rate on these does seem much higher than the ~10% drop rate the previous RwL achievements had. I got all of the MSV and HoF pets by running LFR and Heroic on three characters, and ToES was already done from two weeks of heroic runs on my main.