Poll: Release sub numbers of classic eventually?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    1)It will not fail that bad. There is at least 1 million nerds like myself out there. I believe!
    2)Classic will not be a money maker.
    Its a passion project.

The one and only way it will make A CENT is if NEW people subscribe.
    People that are not playing BfA at all.

The only measure of its success is increased MAU's of the quarter/s.
    It's an opportunity to make a lot of money, that's exactly the reason why Blizzard is doing this, it's good business and there's nothing bad about it. There has been huge demand for it, and Blizzard decided to provide after they realized that it's worth. Also, since there (most likely I hope) won't be WoW tokens, players playing exclusively Classic will have to pay subscription, so on this end it's safe to say that subscription wise it will make more money than retail in first few months and then it will become steady stream of money for a game which won't need further development after they release all Classic content. It is a money maker, let's not pretend it's not, Activision Blizzard is still a business and it's essential for them to make profit (again, there's nothing wrong about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Did you actually read what Monster hunter said?

The only argument you are making is why you want the numbers...not why Blizzard "has to" give you those numbers

- - - Updated - - -

That's my point though...there literally is no point in Blizzard releasing that data.
    Look.
    In my pitiful of a brain...this project is of legendary status. Stuff wrtten in legends.
    Im totally biased and mentally insane, so there is that.

I think Blizzard is human and will release the data because of the endless discussion this crap Retail VS Classic has caused over the years.
    We all gather around the round table everyday and discuss this crap...everyday.
    Look at WoW frontpage.
    Is all people discussing this crap Retail VS Classic

This needs to stop.

Blizzard is human

IMO they will tell us something
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-03-15 at 11:40 AM.

Since there is no seperate Sub for Classic this would make no sense.

Look.
    In my pitiful of a brain...this project is of legendary status. Stuff wrtten in legends.

I think Blizzard is human and will release the data because of the endless discussion this shit Retail VS Classic has caused over the years.
    Look at WoW frontpage.

This needs to stop.

Blizzard is human

Releasing the numbers is not going to stop the Retail vs Classic debate. At best, it won't change anything...at worst it will just inflame the arguments further.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Releasing the numbers is not going to stop the Retail vs Classic debate.
    Yes it will.

It will be the end of the discussion IF Blizzard releases a number showing us:
    "See? Classic is just a niche community. Retail is where the fun is at"

People will shut up

Classic is not better than retail

There wont be TBC servers

There wont be Wrath Servers

THE END

Forever
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-03-15 at 11:58 AM.

Probably not. And they DON'T have to.
    Same sub for both means they'll have to post how many are active to both, and how many are active to only to classic and only to retail. Regardless of whether they post them or not, no side will shut up.
    And lastly there's no way classic will be even close to retail, or if by some miracle it gets to 50% it won't be for more than a few months. Better or not it will still be the same content forever which (even if you don't admit it now) people will get bored with.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Yes it will.

People will shut up
    I guess you're actually new. Back when they're releasing sub numbers, it stopped literally no one from saying that wow was dying if numbers were lower than expected, or that blizz were lying bastards who tempered w/ numbers and so on. Blizz know it, the community knows it. There's no reason for anyone to say anything.

Moreover, nowadays companies use different metrics and stats. Sub numbers are irrelevant in 2019 for the most part.

And Blizz are perfectly capable of ignoring the community for years w/o any issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-03-15 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    I don't think they like to release sub numbers anymore, because the media likes picking up on it, and it's bad press for the game when the sub numbers suffer a huge dip.
    Wrong. The industry has shifted to MAUs as a metric. Active players are more important that people subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    I guess you're actually new. Back when they're releasing sub numbers, it stopped literally no one from saying that wow was dying if numbers were lower than expected, or that blizz were lying bastards who tempered w/ numbers and so on. Blizz know it, the community knows it. There's no reason for anyone to say anything.

And Blizz are perfectly capable of ignoring the community for years w/o any issues whatsoever.
    Put yourself in my shoes.
    A person who wants to see Classic overtake Retail.

Now tell me, what can i say if Blizzard releases numbers showing "we" are just a niche community.

This is me at that time:

Now tell me, what can i say if Blizzard releases numbers showing "we" are just a niche community.

This is me at that time:
    Uh-huh, yeah, that's not gonna happen. People will just start blaming Blizz for making it sub-based in 2019, for poor marketing, for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Uh-huh, yeah, that's not gonna happen. People will just start blaming Blizz for making it sub-based in 2019, for poor marketing, for whatever.
    Those would be the flat earthers of the community. Made fun of and ridiculed with stone cold facts.
    You cannot argue against facts.

Blizzard will release "something" that is marketable. Probably something like:

Classic WoW launch eclipses Vanilla launch in concurrent players!

or

Classic WoW triples original launch numbers! Classic: The Burning Crusade announced.

or

Classic WoW becomes the most popular rerelease of a video game, ever! Classic Trilogy confirmed!

or more likely:

Crickets invade Battle for Azeroth as millions take the Blizzard time machine back to Classic WoW.

But what I hope to see is:

WoW develpment leadership fired in wake of hugely successful reboot of the beloved Classic WoW. New devs directed to return to quality game design for future expansions.

LOL @Maudib

I love your enthusiasm. And to be honest, that is also my dream scenario.

But it wont happen.

It would be a Catacysm of epic proportions. No way

IMO not a single casual will be able to survive in classic endgame. Not a single one.
    Its too hard for them.
    And we all know every MMO needs the casuals

Did you actually read what Monster hunter said?

The only argument you are making is why you want the numbers...not why Blizzard "has to" give you those numbers

- - - Updated - - -

That's my point though...there literally is no point in Blizzard releasing that data.

I don't actually believe Classic will be a "failure"...I think it will succeed in doing exactly what it's intended to do. It's a show of goodwill to the Classic Community and it will bring in those people that currently aren't subbed at all. It's not going to be a huge game changer profit wise...but it'll pay for itself. I suspect that there will be a line somewhere on the quarterly reports to the shareholders about Classic WoW server activity...but nothing too specific.
    Being honest I doubt there will be anything reported to the share holders and it will all just be wrapped up as wow revenue total.

The share holders don't care about classic, to any one high up as far as there conserned it's a sub add on for having a wow sub, wich is probly how they sold the project to them.

The only problem will come is if its starts to impact total revenue having people play a non monatizable add on over the base game. At which point the high ups will stamp the shit out of it.

In a wierd way classic could kill its self if its successful sub wise because it Litteraly can't be successful performance and growth wise in today's gaming market.

LOL @Maudib

But it wont happen.

IMO not a single casual will be able to survive in classic endgame. Not a single one.
    Its too hard for them.
    Fortunately, the endgame wasn't most people's priority. lassic WoW offers the casual MMORPG player plenty to do, accomplish, enjoy, and be proud of. I think they said something to the effect of the majority of toons never made it to level 60.

I mean endgame is great for those that aspire to conquer it... few will triumph and many will fail trying... but progressing a character on a brand new incarnation of Azeroth? Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Fortunately, the endgame wasn't most people's priority. lassic WoW offers the casual MMORPG player plenty to do, accomplish, enjoy, and be proud of. I think they said something to the effect of the majority of toons never made it to level 60.

I mean endgame is great for those that aspire to conquer it... few will triumph and many will fail trying... but progressing a character on a brand new incarnation of Azeroth? Priceless.
    The best we can do is use "reverse psychology" on the casuals. (im becoming a sociopath classic is turning me insane)

Quick Maudib!
    Lets start saying to them "Classic is too hard for you", "you will never be able to survive Classic", "this is too hardcore for babies like yourself", "this is a mans game, you baby"

Its our only hope to have casuals playing Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Blizzard will release "something" that is marketable. Probably something like:

Classic WoW launch eclipses Vanilla launch in concurrent players!

or

Classic WoW triples original launch numbers! Classic: The Burning Crusade announced.

or

Classic WoW becomes the most popular rerelease of a video game, ever! Classic Trilogy confirmed!

or more likely:

Crickets invade Battle for Azeroth as millions take the Blizzard time machine back to Classic WoW.

But what I hope to see is:

WoW develpment leadership fired in wake of hugely successful reboot of the beloved Classic WoW. New devs directed to return to quality game design for future expansions.
    More like.

Wow classic canned due to declining numbers in retail game and lack of monotization options avaliable to grow classic.

Like I pointed out on subs alone, even with 12 million players back wow classic would be classed as a flop in today's gaming market.

Black ops made 500mil in 3 days not counting the months after and on going micro transactions and season pass's e.t.c,

Studios drop a blackops like ip every 2 years or so.

WoW classic at 12 mil players would only make 360mil in 2 years.

Only 360mil over 2 years would be classed as a failure.

Bfa sold 3.4mil copy's on day 1 at like 40 bucks a pop. So that's 136million in one day.

It's all about value of MAU's not number of MAU's

Blizz has 35million current MAU's spread over overwatch, hearthstone and wow, overwatch and hearth stone were stable for the last quarter with an expected decline in wow MAU's Post expansion release. According to the quarterly report. Despite MAU's declining blizzard revenue growth of 15% to $686 million dollars, and operating income increase of 51% to $241 million, year-over-year.

Total cost and expense at blizzard ent for the 3 months end of 2018 was 1,822 million

They will not want a large amount of MAU's tied up in ip they can't microtransaction.

Unless your happy with shop mounts, char services and wow tokens in classic. Classic may very well kill its self if it detracts to much from retail or other blizz ip's

The classic project lives on stealth and being hidden with the rest of the wow subs, if the high ups start to feel its limiting revenue you can 100% guarantee they will cut it.

There's no feasible way wow classic can bring in enough new MAU's to feasably stand alone as a front line product and allowed to continue un monotized.

This what people mean when they say the market is a whole different ball game and size than it was in 2004.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    You won't see subscription numbers for Classic for the same reason you don't see subscription numbers for BfA (or Legion or WoD after the precipitous decline)...they aren't malleable enough anymore. (As a matter of history, even when they were reporting subscription numbers, reading the financials and doing some math raised questions about how they arrived at those subscription numbers, but that is another story for another time)

MAU has enough wiggle room for corporate PR to spin things. I would expect that Blizz will continue to report it in the same way.

So you can expect to see headlines like "Blizzard MAU increases by 50% {or whatever}!" without any breakdown of any of their online properties, much less a breakdown between BfA and Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brack won't ever allow any blizzard pr praise for how its doing or big numbers out. Hes dying inside for another "you think you do but you don't". I doubt classic would have seen the light of day if it wasn't already an almost finished project by the time mike left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up the entire community and endless spam of the forums. (if the subs are normal and NOT all that amazing)

If the subs are ginormous...they better say nothing otherwise it would be PR chaos
    Perhaps you should take some time and read the threads where they DID release the numbers... It's always the same... 'They faked the numbers' or 'they are lying' or 'no they aren't'... Nothing would be different... Blizzard has zero to gain from sharing those numbers for the same damn reason they stopped sharing them.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, you believe Classic will overtake retail? Thats really generous of you! I dont believe it.

But i just told you the reason why they would want to IF the subs are just normal.
    Doesn't matter what the numbers are pup, someone is going to call them fake, and someone else is going to shit all over Blizzard for the numbers. It never changes, This is why you wont see them, good OR bad. And you, you are no different. If anything, you are one of the reasons they wont release them.

- - - Updated - - -

1)It will not fail that bad. There is at least 1 million nerds like myself out there. I believe!
    2)Classic will not be a money maker.
    Its a passion project.

The one and only way it will make A CENT is if NEW people subscribe.
    People that are not playing BfA at all.

The only measure of its success is increased MAU's of the quarter/s.
    Wait, WHAT? 'It's a passion project'? You cant really be serious. They are doing it for ONE reason and ONE reason only. Because they believe they can make a substantial profit at it. That is the ONLY reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Like monster hunter said.
    Its an insignificant project. No harm in tell us details (if it doesnt overtake retail...which it wont)
    In the name of Science...we need this numbers...which is pitiful...but cmon...everyone is expecting this.
    So, you can show zero benefit other than 'you wanna seeeeeeee them'. You and others like you are why they WONT.

- - - Updated - - -

Look.

I think Blizzard is human and will release the data because of the endless discussion this crap Retail VS Classic has caused over the years.
    Look at WoW frontpage.

This needs to stop.

Blizzard is human

Blizzard is a business... They are in the business of making money... Releasing those numbers wont make them any money, but it WILL cause problems... Why the hell would they want to create problems for themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it will.

People will shut up

Classic is not better than retail

There wont be TBC servers

There wont be Wrath Servers

THE END

Forever
    You cant even shut up, what makes you think EVERYone will shut up? You are acting like a toddler in the candy aisle at the store when your parent says 'No, you cant have the candy'.

- - - Updated - - -

This is me at that time:
    It might shut YOU up, but YOU aren't everyone. And the fact is those numbers are none of your business.

- - - Updated - - -

Those would be the flat earthers of the community. Made fun of and ridiculed with stone cold facts.
    You cannot argue against facts.
    You are arguing with facts, and you show zero sign of shutting up.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL @Maudib

But it wont happen.

Its too hard for them.
    You aren't going to survive in classic endgame.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.