Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Oh goodyyyy, another elf.

  2. #162
    This is well-done, but horribly misplaced and absolutely redundant. Why would you take a perfectly unique race such as the Naga, and turn them into Nightborne with scales? Naga themselves are an actual race worth playing.

  3. #163
    I'm maxed out on elves in game but the concept of these is too good to dismiss just due to elf overload.
    I love the fish fin ears on the females, the face tentacles and forearm fins on the males. The males might actually look good with the fish fin ears as well.

  4. #164
    This is awesome!

    While I'm not totally in favor of more elves, this is a great way around the Naga armor/legs issue. With a bit more work on the elves, could definitely work.. especially since horde are probably getting the San'Layn.
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...arora-full.jpg

    "Intelligence and Wisdom are not mutually exclusive. The presence of one does not imply the presence of the other."

  5. #165
    My original complaint remains. Males still look far too Nelfy, they need to be bulked. More muscles to correspond better with naga form.

  6. #166
    No more elves please
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Can people please fuck off with the FUCKING elves already. Jesus christ. Why does everything have to be elves????

    If they're gonna make Naga playable, they damn better find a way to make it work with mounts and gear. Otherwise just fuck off with that shit. I don't want Naga if I have to be an elf 50% of the time.
    It's a concept and they are not implementing it anyway, so calm down.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    More elves?

    Night Elves, Nightborne, Blood elves, void elves, forest elves, high elves, undead elves, spider elves, goat elves (satyr), water elves (naga), primordial elves (trolls and all their distinct variants)...

    World of Elfcraft.
    I think DnD has still more

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    This is well-done, but horribly misplaced and absolutely redundant. Why would you take a perfectly unique race such as the Naga, and turn them into Nightborne with scales? Naga themselves are an actual race worth playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly, gear can work relatively easy. Leg 3D partscan be kept around the waist will the rest becomes a texture around the tail. Boots just become a texture band near the end of the tail (or even something custom).
    As for mounts, maybe just fuck mounts. You chose to play a naga, you can only use the racial mount (a couatl) and that's it. You are a freakin naga, you don't need anything fancier!
    Because of their current form they won't ever be implemented as a playable race.

    I know that people came up with workarounds for both the mounting and the gearing problem and it's great that players care but they honestly don't make much sense:

    - sitting sideways or having the tail wrapped around the mount

    Well, the first method sounds a tiny bit better because of two things:

    a) there are different mounts with different bodyshapes and sizes and sitting sideways just seems like a more reasonable option that would cause much less clipping issues.
    b) it would be definitely more friendly towards the animal because having a giant tail wrapped all around your body while you walk or run can't be very comfortable

    And while a) could work on let's say a saber, horse or a worg, it might not look very good on a dragon, kodo, clefthoof, hippo, direhorn or on any other mount that isn't a particulary lean creature. And there are also mounts such as Grumpus or Sunhide Gronnling where would the tail become a main clipping issue.

    - leg armor texture applied directly on the lower body and the tail and the boots becoming a band that's wrapped around the end of the tail

    How would we differentiate between a robe and a regular chest armor with legs? Why would the Naga want to put giant sock on their tail (made not just from cloth and leather but also mail and plate)? And I'm not even going to explain the differences between a band and boots. A band isn't boots.

    They might happen in the next WoW, when they will be taken into consideration since the very beggining of the development process.

    And I mean yeah, even though I am saying they will never happen, there's always a slight chance that they will. But I don't really see any of the options that I mentioned above as truly good.

    While my concept doesn't bring the genuine Naga that we know from game, it does bring a race that allows you to be both the Naga that we all want to be but also to be able to mount or wear gear properly. I am not trying to sell my concept as a better version of Naga. I am trying to present the most possible way on how they could become a playable race.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    My original complaint remains. Males still look far too Nelfy, they need to be bulked. More muscles to correspond better with naga form.
    Honestly I tried. But there's no in between with them. I understand your issue but right now they only look good when the elf features are being dominant. However Gregamonster on reddit gave me an idea that I would like to further explore as soon as I become less busy. I think it might help to fix the issue and bring a bigger compromise between the current more brutal male Naga look and my concept. Stay tuned!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Just wanted to drop by again and say how amazing this concept and art are, and thank you for making male NE-ish faces that don't look like wrinkled old men or super "I'm always angry Cap" and are varied. I can see a blend of angry, sorrowful, weathered, hardened, and stoic choices! Your concepts cannot be understated
    Thank you so much! I am replying back late but I've read it and it made my day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Epic job OP, I'd really like to see your suggestions implemented, really nice suggestions /clap
    Thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Very well done.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-04-01 at 09:42 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tell that to Draenei, they don't wear boots either, just ankle wraps.
    And trolls, taurens, worgens and pandas. I am aware. But there are still two of them and they make much more sense than a tail band.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

  11. #171
    Brewmaster Azalar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    K'aresh
    Posts
    1,365
    I'm still in for the sidemount version.

    If ANYTHING, Naga should have an illusory Highborne form only while on mounts, but that would only ruin how epic sidemounting would be.

    The concept is very well done and pmagnificently resented, nevertheless <3
    Last edited by Azalar; 2019-04-01 at 10:43 AM.

    An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    And trolls, taurens, worgens and pandas. I am aware. But there are still two of them and they make much more sense than a tail band.
    BfA recntly did introduce boot models for trolls and pandas (horde S1 warfront/pvp armor uses them) and tauren use some sort of frontal hoof plate

  13. #173
    This whole thread is garbage. No more elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  14. #174
    Good concept, but while the elf form is a workable solution, it also kills the entire point of playable naga.

    I figure that the mount issue can be handled by having multiple riding animations, to fit different mount body types. Curled up, side sadle, etc. I don't think it's impossible to overcome.

    Leg armor's a different issue. The only way that would ever look good is if Blizzard created multiple new models that actually fit the tail. But that is a godawful amount of work.

    Also, frankly, for the tail to be satisfying to walk around with ingame, it'd need a step up from just being an animation like what the NPC's use, and actually use "segments" that drag behind you, so that if you walk in a tight circle or a zig zag, the tail briefly curves to reflect that, and maintains that position if you stand still, and thats a whole mess of technical complications. Also, stuff like heroic leap would look ridiculous

  15. #175
    Elemental Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    8,151
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Can people please fuck off with the FUCKING elves already. Jesus christ. Why does everything have to be elves????

    If they're gonna make Naga playable, they damn better find a way to make it work with mounts and gear. Otherwise just fuck off with that shit. I don't want Naga if I have to be an elf 50% of the time.
    We have 4 playable elves ... but the playable elves are a subset of Trolls ...so there are 6 trolls.
    We have 2 playable Tauren.
    We have 2 playable Draenei.
    We have 2 playable Orcs
    We have 2 playable Dwarves
    We have 4 playable Humans

    So even granting you there are two many elves ... no one is complaining about too man humans who have just as many playable races (Human, Undead, Worgen and Kul Tiran). In fact, people are asking for Fresh Undead like Nathanos (which would use Human models) or Light Undead for Alliance ... so people want more humans and yet we already have 4 human races. But people wanting another elf ... totally unacceptable.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    BfA recntly did introduce boot models for trolls and pandas (horde S1 warfront/pvp armor uses them) and tauren use some sort of frontal hoof plate
    Nice, didn't know that because I currently don't play any of these races.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

  17. #177
    I can't help but dislike the inclusion of hair, it would be much more interesting if they were all bald and fin/frill/snake options.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Because of their current form they won't ever be implemented as a playable race.

    I know that people came up with workarounds for both the mounting and the gearing problem and it's great that players care but they honestly don't make much sense:

    - sitting sideways or having the tail wrapped around the mount

    Well, the first method sounds a tiny bit better because of two things:

    a) there are different mounts with different bodyshapes and sizes and sitting sideways just seems like a more reasonable option that would cause much less clipping issues.
    b) it would be definitely more friendly towards the animal because having a giant tail wrapped all around your body while you walk or run can't be very comfortable

    And while a) could work on let's say a saber, horse or a worg, it might not look very good on a dragon, kodo, clefthoof, hippo, direhorn or on any other mount that isn't a particulary lean creature. And there are also mounts such as Grumpus or Sunhide Gronnling where would the tail become a main clipping issue.

    - leg armor texture applied directly on the lower body and the tail and the boots becoming a band that's wrapped around the end of the tail

    How would we differentiate between a robe and a regular chest armor with legs? Why would the Naga want to put giant sock on their tail (made not just from cloth and leather but also mail and plate)? And I'm not even going to explain the differences between a band and boots. A band isn't boots.

    They might happen in the next WoW, when they will be taken into consideration since the very beggining of the development process.

    And I mean yeah, even though I am saying they will never happen, there's always a slight chance that they will. But I don't really see any of the options that I mentioned above as truly good.

    While my concept doesn't bring the genuine Naga that we know from game, it does bring a race that allows you to be both the Naga that we all want to be but also to be able to mount or wear gear properly. I am not trying to sell my concept as a better version of Naga. I am trying to present the most possible way on how they could become a playable race.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly I tried. But there's no in between with them. I understand your issue but right now they only look good when the elf features are being dominant. However Gregamonster on reddit gave me an idea that I would like to further explore as soon as I become less busy. I think it might help to fix the issue and bring a bigger compromise between the current more brutal male Naga look and my concept. Stay tuned!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thank you so much! I am replying back late but I've read it and it made my day.



    Thanks a lot!



    Thank you!
    Sure, keep elf features. They should stay, eyes and ears. But maybe Nelf model is not the best base for it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Bcause so far it is the best fan race concept made.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Sure, keep elf features. They should stay, eyes and ears. But maybe Nelf model is not the best base for it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Bcause so far it is the best fan race concept made.
    I agree it is the best fan race concept made. I was intrigued how he used in game model, and made them look good. Especially the night elf Male face, for a change actually looks nice.

    However I feel it needs to be based on the night elf, because this is what they were and have partially returned to. Night elf models should be used for night elf based races. Either thet or a new skeleton?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I agree it is the best fan race concept made. I was intrigued how he used in game model, and made them look good. Especially the night elf Male face, for a change actually looks nice.

    However I feel it needs to be based on the night elf, because this is what they were and have partially returned to. Night elf models should be used for night elf based races. Either thet or a new skeleton?
    I would rather have that 'partial' part more accented to make them stand from NE body wise. Just as Rastakhan is more muscular than playable Zandalari are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •