Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cool idea but Blizzard has already said they won't give us a playable race that doesn't have feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I like how they look and all but their head look way too much like Nightborne, IMHO they should have more of their naga features on their faces / head
    i agree, they look like scaly nightborne, maybe a fin or 2 on the head and arms, 2 tentacles hanging from the chin area (simmilar to draenei),

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Looks cool. I only don't like the idea of giving them crabs as their mount. I'd much rather see the snap dragons back from WC3, which looks a lot like this:

I second this

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I totally forgot about these. They look great and would make a wonderful racial mount for such a race. Shame that they didn't make them appear in WoW - the standard cat model rig would be totally sufficient to make it happen. Perhaps we'll see them in future.
    They look pretty close to the void hunter model. That to my knowledge hadn’t been used on many of any mounts.

I really like the concept. I think the only change I’d make would be to keep more of the naga look for their “land” form. Kinda between naga and jinyu. Maybe even where the face is elvish with like Draenei tentacle beards.

Introduction

Nazdorei are a rebellious group of Naga that turned against Queen Azshara and her tyrannical reign. Hundreds of years ago, they secretly returned to their faith and once again started to worship the moon goddess. During this time, many have been exposed and paid with their lives for such a treason, with only very few ending up exiled to the Abyssal Depths of Vashj'ir.
    It was only after their sacrifice that was made during the fall of Azshara that all of the faithful have finally redeemed themselves and received Elune's great blessing. They were granted the ability to return to their elven form and they took upon their new name - Nazdorei, the children of the sea.

Racial Skills

One with the Water
    Passive
    You turn into your Naga form instantly upon reaching the water, increasing your swimspeed by 100% and allowing you to breathe underwater.

Rehydrate
    Passive
    You heal for 100 every 3 sec while underwater. Moving or casting cancels the effect.

Slippery
    Passive
    Increases your Haste by 1%. Also increases your chance to dodge melee attacks by 2%.

Tide of Vengeance
    Instant cast
    Hurl a wave of water that deals (Attack power * 2) Nature damage to the target. All enemies between you and the target are knocked back.

Two Forms
    Instant cast
    Turn into your currently inactive form.

Water Predator
    Passive
    Fishing skill increased by 15.

Classes

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Mage

Language

Nazjassian
    Common

Racial Mount

Crab

Hunter Pet

Eel-Serpent

Joining the Alliance

Before allowing them to join the Alliance, the High King demands that the Nazdorei must officialy reach out to the Kaldorei who will have the final word on whether or not are they worthy of joining the faction. Maiev Shadowsong is the first person who approaches them and she isn't particulary welcoming. After a brief but calm exchange of views, Tyrande Whisperwind joins the meeting and weighs in on her previous encounter with the Nightborne. Tyrande explains that she might have been too quick to judge the Nightborne and then states that she won't do the same mistake again. She carries on and says that she will let the children of the sea prove their worth on their own rather than making another hasty decision by herself.

Jokes

I hate when a turtle makes it to the water.
    No, I won't impersonate a murloc.
    Okay, okay, I will. But it's the last time I'm doing it: Mrrlrllrlrgrglr!
    Sunwell, Nightwell, Well of Eternity... Well, I don't care!
    I'm really not a fan of dry humor.

Flirts

I hope you like fishing, because we should definitely hook up!
    I always had a thing for landwalkers, you know?
    There are a lot of fish in the sea, but you're the only one I'd like to catch.
    Did you know that your body is made 70% of water? And now I'm thirsty.
    Water you doing tonight?
    Have you ever dipped in the Naga pond?

Faces

Female Hairstyles

Male Hairstyles

Accessories

Notes

They are automatically switched to their elven form while on mounts.
    This is incredible well done. I'd definitely want to play thses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!
    Speak for yourself, some people only play elves.. and they are quite popular. There were many disappointed with aspets of the nightborne - mainly that nightborne didn't go alliance, and that void elves were given instead of high elves. - which the alliance felt like a double loss.

I think any new elven sub-races should go on the alliance. I think horde fans have had enough of elves on their faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    very very unique and cool concept

bUT WHY MORE ELVEEEES

..wait, naga were once night elves. nvm, carry on

Great job overall, it must have taken a while! You did a great job balancing familiar concepts with new. Stuff like this is why this game sorely needs an editor to allow community made options.

The only con I have is that the faded granular edges of your backgrounds are a bit too much and distracting. In the future I'd suggest toning it down a bit so it's easier to focus on what you made.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Clever way of getting around the armor/form issue with Naga. Also, nice job in "fixing" the Nightborne situation.
    That's what I felt too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Cool idea but Blizzard has already said they won't give us a playable race that doesn't have feet.
    Where have they said this? What is the direct quote?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I have been saying this for more than a year, that playable naga would only work as shapeshifters like worgen, shifting between naga form and night elven form, and elven form would be obligatory in mounting. I guess this idea goes exactly in the same direction.

Still there are other elven races people also love ro become playable, like the alliance high elves and the sanlayn or undead elves. Not sure which elves will become playable in the future.

Big congrats on the effort for the cool art work!
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-13 at 10:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The game doesn't need anymore elves. Better they never be playable then removing there snake body.

I think the hair styles should be implemented straight away on the Nightborne they are amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The game doesn't need anymore elves. Better they never be playable then removing there snake body.
    This, honestly. Naga are naga, not elves, and we don't need to waste another slot on people that want to play an elf but "no, not those elves a slightly different elf!!!!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Where have they said this? What is the direct quote?
    They said this back in either BC or Wrath. I really don't want to search for their comment that said it but feel free to find it yourself. Its out there. They talked about art design being made for races with 2 legs not 0 or 4. That means no dryad or naga ever.

They said this back in either BC or Wrath. I really don't want to search for their comment that said it but feel free to find it yourself. Its out there. They talked about art design being made for races with 2 legs not 0 or 4. That means no dryad or naga ever.
    Yeah I'm not going to hold a comment (that may or may not exist) from 10 years ago as something they must never break. They said there wouldn't be Demon Hunters or Classic server yet here we are.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This, honestly. Naga are naga, not elves, and we don't need to waste another slot on people that want to play an elf but "no, not those elves a slightly different elf!!!!!"
    It's a concept. And the likelihood of it (or any similar fan concepts for that matter) being picked up and then implemented to the game is non-existing anyway. I am doing it for fun.

I had this idea, I started working on it and then felt like sharing it with the others. It was never about the number of elf races that's currently being represented in the game. Neither about the people who are screaming that there's too many of them already.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Feels like a bit of a cop-out to just getting straight up Naga, but only in the same way that the Worgen are a bit of a cop-out to straight up Worgen.

I'd play one. In Naga form 90% of the time, too..
    F yea..me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I second this
    I don't think this is how naga are supposed to run. Don't they just slither really fast? This looks like if some lonely worgen got it on with a naga and they had a kid. :P

- - - Updated - - -

You sir should be workingn for Blizz's design team.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

That's not how the burden of proof works, chief.

Blizzard never said that, ever. What they said is that there were design hurdles revolving around having a race with no legs or feet. Naga were originally planned for Vanilla, as laid out in the World of Warcraft Diary and several interviews. The problem was they, and the time, could not figure out and way to handle mounts, leg armor, or boots.

If you are going to make absurd claims then be ready to back up your statements when asked for the burden of proof instead of making up excuses.

Edit: Oh, in the time it took me to type this it looks like they were banned. Guess they won't be giving any proof to their absurd claims.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    F yea..me too.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this is how naga are supposed to run. Don't they just slither really fast? This looks like if some lonely worgen got it on with a naga and they had a kid. :P

- - - Updated - - -

You sir should be workingn for Blizz's design team.
    I thought it was a mount concept

- - - Updated - - -

It's a concept. And the likelihood of it (or any similar fan concepts for that matter) being picked up and then implemented to the game is non-existing anyway. I am doing it for fun.

I had this idea, I started working on it and then felt like sharing it with the others. It was never about the number of elf races that's currently being represented in the game. Neither about the people who are screaming that there's too many of them already.
    I love that you did it, if I had skills like that with digital art, i'd be visualizing all my concepts, far more powerful when people can see good work.

And I appreciate that you done it too.

Very good concept idea.