Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And you are getting to the heart of the problem. The "No More Elves" crowd cannot see how the elves could be different than the elves we have therefor "no more elves" we have enough ... but Human are allowed because they can see them being different enough for them.

Nazdorei would be a Worgen Inspired Elf concept whose aesthetic would be significantly different than any currently playable elf.
    Humans are not "allowed", we just get them and we have to deal with them. I'm not subbed atm but from what I hear Kul Tiran human is not that popular. Worgen may be humans lorewise but gameplay wise you can be a worgen 100% of the time. Compared to that this fan concept already fails in that regard. Undead are not humans. They were once humans, now they're something else.

Just like Naga were once elves, now they're not. Honestly, what would be the fucking point of Naga's existence entirely if they could just morph back into elves all this time? A big part of their source of hatred is that they were defeated and deformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    No offence but I'd rather have Jinyu than another elven mutation. ^^' even if you put a lot of effort into those edits the last thing I want in this game is 5th playable elf.

Besides, these deep sea Jinyu looks amazing:
    *snap*
    No, the devs should not put work into races no one will play.
    ... I'm for the same reason against mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So, you're for high elves then?

In all seriousness, I'd totally play a deep sea jinyu. The Pearlfin jinyu from Pandaria are pretty boring, but these new ones look pretty spicy to me.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2019-04-05 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Introduction

Nazdorei are a rebellious group of Naga that turned against Queen Azshara and her tyrannical reign. Hundreds of years ago, they secretly returned to their faith and once again started to worship the moon goddess. During this time, many have been exposed and paid with their lives for such a treason, with only very few ending up exiled to the Abyssal Depths of Vashj'ir.
    It was only after their sacrifice that was made during the fall of Azshara that all of the faithful have finally redeemed themselves and received Elune's great blessing. They were granted the ability to return to their elven form and they took upon their new name - Nazdorei, the children of the sea.

Racial Skills

One with the Water
    Passive
    You turn into your Naga form instantly upon reaching the water, increasing your swimspeed by 100% and allowing you to breathe underwater.

Rehydrate
    Passive
    You heal for 100 every 3 sec while underwater. Moving or casting cancels the effect.

Slippery
    Passive
    Increases your Haste by 1%. Also increases your chance to dodge melee attacks by 2%.

Tide of Vengeance
    Instant cast
    Hurl a wave of water that deals (Attack power * 2) Nature damage to the target. All enemies between you and the target are knocked back.

Two Forms
    Instant cast
    Turn into your currently inactive form.

Water Predator
    Passive
    Fishing skill increased by 15.

Classes

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Mage

Language

Nazjassian
    Common

Racial Mount

Crab

Hunter Pet

Eel-Serpent

Joining the Alliance

Before allowing them to join the Alliance, the High King demands that the Nazdorei must officialy reach out to the Kaldorei who will have the final word on whether or not are they worthy of joining the faction. Maiev Shadowsong is the first person who approaches them and she isn't particulary welcoming. After a brief but calm exchange of views, Tyrande Whisperwind joins the meeting and weighs in on her previous encounter with the Nightborne. Tyrande explains that she might have been too quick to judge the Nightborne and then states that she won't do the same mistake again. She carries on and says that she will let the children of the sea prove their worth on their own rather than making another hasty decision by herself.

Jokes

I hate when a turtle makes it to the water.
    No, I won't impersonate a murloc.
    Okay, okay, I will. But it's the last time I'm doing it: Mrrlrllrlrgrglr!
    Sunwell, Nightwell, Well of Eternity... Well, I don't care!
    I'm really not a fan of dry humor.

Flirts

I hope you like fishing, because we should definitely hook up!
    I always had a thing for landwalkers, you know?
    There are a lot of fish in the sea, but you're the only one I'd like to catch.
    Did you know that your body is made 70% of water? And now I'm thirsty.
    Water you doing tonight?
    Have you ever dipped in the Naga pond?

More Distinctive Naga Look

Faces

Female Hairstyles

Male Hairstyles

Accessories

Notes

They are automatically switched to their elven form while on mounts.
    I for one think this is a fucking fantastic idea except for the elf part, take out the elf part leave them as there base form as in your first picture and I'm down. I'm a HUGE night elf fan but all these derivatives of elves is really overkill.

Keep them with the original name, and everything else you mentioned EXCEPT them turning back into elves and I'm 100% behind you!
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Deep Jinyu looks pretty sweet, I'd play as one. Their armor reminds me of Japenese Shogun, they're not elves and so that is a big plus already but they could use nelven skeleton to rig up.

Besides I think that Alliance needs some exotic race other than Pandaren.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    I for one think this is a fucking fantastic idea except for the elf part, take out the elf part leave them as there base form as in your first picture and I'm down. I'm a HUGE night elf fan but all these derivatives of elves is really overkill.

Keep them with the original name, and everything else you mentioned EXCEPT them turning back into elves and I'm 100% behind you!
    100% agree,

Especially after seeing the unveiling of the zone, this would be so ripe for 9.0 or 8.3.5 whatever the last pre-patch is.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    100% agree,

Especially after seeing the unveiling of the zone, this would be so ripe for 9.0 or 8.3.5 whatever the last pre-patch is.
    this was literally the best idea ive ever seen on this forum....hands down
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

This is really awesome man!!! Very well done!

Personally, I prefer the more distinctively naga look! I would even go further and make them even closer to the actual naga but on 2 legs. The 2 forms thing is really neat for this! Problem with making them too much like actual naga would be that it would require too much work since the less they can just slap on the NE animations on them, the more work it is for them .

Looks pretty dope. But we have too many elves already. I wish allied races never happened and we just got more customization options for our current races, which is what everyone has been asking for since the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Looks cool. I only don't like the idea of giving them crabs as their mount. I'd much rather see the snap dragons back from WC3, which looks a lot like this: [image]
    The snapdragons are coming in the next patch. At least as mounts! Check this out - https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...AMAPRIL059.jpg
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-04-12 at 10:22 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

aight, but why do males look fierce and females like Internet's average f*ckdolls? Give them some feral look as well, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    aight, but why do males look fierce and females like Internet's average f*ckdolls? Give them some feral look as well, come on.
    Because that's how Blizz designed the original naga female.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

No yet already have a shape changer this one if they actually did it should be Horde.

Because that's how Blizz designed the original naga female.
    Not really, they look quite a bit different. Female Naga have four arms for one. They don't look like a scuffed beauty model in a prom dress with fins on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    My original complaint remains. Males still look far too Nelfy, they need to be bulked. More muscles to correspond better with naga form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Good concept, but while the elf form is a workable solution, it also kills the entire point of playable naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Personally, I prefer the more distinctively naga look! I would even go further and make them even closer to the actual naga but on 2 legs.

So I only kept the Naga features and got completely rid of the elf base and went for the worgen rig instead. I do personally like the outcome a lot, I am just not sure if they would still fit my concept.

What do you guys think?

Already looks a lot better than night elves 5.0

It's better. I like the inclusion of a tail.

But you're still ultimately putting legs on a creature that shouldn't have them in the first place. It'll be dissatisfactory no matter how you go about it.

Still, this is much better than what's on page one, so cheers to that.

So I only kept the Naga features and got completely rid of the elf base and went for the worgen rig instead. I do personally like the outcome a lot, I am just not sure if they would still fit my concept.

What do you guys think?
    Not keen on that one at all I'm afraid, defeats the whole point of having that naga concept (and it was a good idea). The elven counterpart was nice because it gave a 2 form option that wasn't monstrous and connected them to their origin too, which has a satisfying fele of the splintered night elven groups coming together again after 10.000 years.

It also allows people to have naga but have good solution for traditional gear with a pretty form for those who prefer that. Making it that way just defeats the whole point of a transformation which I felt was cool

I would not be interested in them if they were like that, nor would I have been as excited if they were only naga.. Don't let the elf haters dissuade you Big Mama, elves are hugely popular and as a result have htoset hat absolutely hate everything about them because they're popular. Wanna bet that your original concept would be as much as 10 times more popular than this new one, and at least twice or 3 times as popular as the original night elf.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-04-13 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Absolutely not, defeats the whole point of having that naga concept. The elven counterpart was nice because it gave a 2 form option that wasn't monstrous and connected them to their origin too, which has a satisfying fele of the splintered night elven groups coming together again after 10.000 years.

It also allows people to have naga but have good solution for traditional gear with a pretty form for those who prefer that. Making it that way just defeats the whole point of a transformation which I felt was cool

I would not be interested in them if they were like that. Don't let the elf haters dissuade you Big Mama, elves are hugely popular and as a result have htoset hat absolutely hate everything about them because they're popular. Wanna bet that your original concept would be as much as 10 times more popular than this new one, and at least twice or 3 times as popular as the original night elf.
    There's no point in having a transformation to begin with. Naga cannot transform into elves. Stop fanwanking over your elf waifu's, if you wanna play elves there's about 50 other races you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    There's no point in having a transformation to begin with. Naga cannot transform into elves. Stop fanwanking over your elf waifu's, if you wanna play elves there's about 50 other races you can play.
    The whole concept is fantasy, if you can fantasise a story for the naga joining the factions, which they are not, you can fantasize about them regaining an elven form in a similar story and present your dieas.

some people will love it, some won't. As far as I can tell, most people love the concept he did with the elf with slight naga modifications, and his naga original original form.

Elves are popular, get over it, want to focus on a race you love.. go do your own artwork and make your post and other people can come and support you if they like it.