Thread: Twink Question

  1. #1

    Twink Question

    So it's been a LONG time since I tried twinking a character, and I'm thinking I might give it a try again, but I have a quick question and I hope someone can answer it.

    My question is in regards to Shadow Oil and/or Frost Oil vs Sharpening/Weightstones. Which one is better for a Feral Druid? The Oils deal elemental damage, which I understand is pretty good at lower levels and the Frost one in particular also applies a slow, although doesn't proc as often. Or should I go with the sharpening/weightstone for the raw damage?

    Also worth noting:

    1. This is probably going to be in one of the brackets between 20 and 40
    2. At that level, I won't have my class slow (Infected Wounds) just yet
    3. Yes, the oils DO proc while shapeshifted, so they must have fixed it at some point because they didn't before
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    3,240
    booo to twinking boo

  3. #3
    What's wrong with it?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    Since they're back in their own queues, nothing. Twink on, brother!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Since they're back in their own queues, nothing. Twink on, brother!
    Yeah I heard something about this but didn't really know what was going on. Glad to hear they fixed the problem lol

    Now back to my original question..... ??
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Since they're back in their own queues, nothing. Twink on, brother!
    As with most things in life, when changing something for what people may think is the greater good, you get consequences. We shall see in the next few weeks how this pans out, but right now I can tell you it has increased queue times for both sides, in brackets 10-19 and 20-29, for both xp on and off. I would guess last night between 4pm CST and 11pm CST the queue times in ALL examples above were 17-25 minutes.

    This is not good for anyone who likes to BG.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Guddocter View Post
    As with most things in life, when changing something for what people may think is the greater good, you get consequences. We shall see in the next few weeks how this pans out, but right now I can tell you it has increased queue times for both sides, in brackets 10-19 and 20-29, for both xp on and off. I would guess last night between 4pm CST and 11pm CST the queue times in ALL examples above were 17-25 minutes.

    This is not good for anyone who likes to BG.
    I'd gladly wait a little while longer for a better quality BG. But that's just me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Since they're back in their own queues, nothing. Twink on, brother!
    Not all of them are in there own que, there are plenty of twinks in general ques even now, they just removed the 29' etc from there, the 20' are still stomping.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    Yeah I heard something about this but didn't really know what was going on. Glad to hear they fixed the problem lol

    Now back to my original question..... ??
    players who PVP in brackets 119 and lower have a site www.xpoff.com best bet is to look there

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Guddocter View Post
    As with most things in life, when changing something for what people may think is the greater good, you get consequences. We shall see in the next few weeks how this pans out, but right now I can tell you it has increased queue times for both sides, in brackets 10-19 and 20-29, for both xp on and off. I would guess last night between 4pm CST and 11pm CST the queue times in ALL examples above were 17-25 minutes.

    This is not good for anyone who likes to BG.
    Now imagine how the low level non twink queue times will be when the mass wave of zandalari trolls and kul tirans gets to max level in a month. If it's bad now when everyone is making an alt, it will be terrible in the future. You'll literally level out of a bracket before the BG pops (which automatically un-queues you, btw).

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,194
    Now imagine how the low level non twink queue times will be when the mass wave of zandalari trolls and kul tirans gets to max level in a month.
    A month? Lol. Leveling has been nerfed that heavily that with full set of looms someone can easily go 20 >> 120 in a week, playing somewhat 4-5 hrs a day.
    Recently leveled an alt and went 60-80 in ONE day (Outland + Northrend whole).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I'd gladly wait a little while longer for a better quality BG. But that's just me.
    Would you apply that to HL as well. Say for ex ilvl 400+ can only queue against each others?
    Just curious if there is consistency in the "fair game" pvp thinking.

    If you want to improve quality at low level you should has well ban heirlooms and enchants. A fresh toon with full looms and enchants will 2 shot most "naked" toons. How is this fair or "quality pvp"?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Would you apply that to HL as well. Say for ex ilvl 400+ can only queue against each others?
    Just curious if there is consistency in the "fair game" pvp thinking.

    If you want to improve quality at low level you should has well ban heirlooms and enchants. A fresh toon with full looms and enchants will 2 shot most "naked" toons. How is this fair or "quality pvp"?
    Though that's comparing apples to Chevrolet, the answer is still no. End-game isn't the same thing. I'm not sure why that confuses people after these many years. At end-game, you're done leveling. All you do is gear. I'd have to see test data to confirm your theory on heirlooms but who PVPs naked?

  14. #14
    Low level pvp is completely dead on my regions realms.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Though that's comparing apples to Chevrolet, the answer is still no. End-game isn't the same thing. I'm not sure why that confuses people after these many years. At end-game, you're done leveling. All you do is gear. I'd have to see test data to confirm your theory on heirlooms but who PVPs naked?
    New players mostly. I guess the reason why they did separate xpon and xpoff again is because new players complain. UIt is hard to believe but you actually have players with white gear in 10-19.
    On a Power level scale where naked is 1 and full BiS grandfathered twink is 10, a regular full heirloom + enchants is at least a 7. My point is, the difference in power of the same class / spec between a full heirloom and a full twink is way lower than a naked new toon and a full heirloom.

    You can test it yourself by playing the absolute FOTM in 10-19 with a fully decked enchanted heirloom Balance/resto druid. Remember to put elemental force on weapon. You can start at 10 and will see the result by yourself.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    New players mostly. I guess the reason why they did separate xpon and xpoff again is because new players complain. UIt is hard to believe but you actually have players with white gear in 10-19.
    On a Power level scale where naked is 1 and full BiS grandfathered twink is 10, a regular full heirloom + enchants is at least a 7. My point is, the difference in power of the same class / spec between a full heirloom and a full twink is way lower than a naked new toon and a full heirloom.

    You can test it yourself by playing the absolute FOTM in 10-19 with a fully decked enchanted heirloom Balance/resto druid. Remember to put elemental force on weapon. You can start at 10 and will see the result by yourself.
    I never see even new players naked. They may not have 100% all slots filled but even then, that's very uncommon. Using the "naked" term is just exaggerating.

    I don't necessarily feel they split them up because new players complained. It seems more like they did it to remove the obvious unfair position someone can put themselves in against new or casual people, which seem to be the majority. Heirlooms are hardly an issue. They're hardly the issue that BiS people were. Besides, those guys are there to play the game, not farm HKs. And FOTM classes are just a balancing issue, not player issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •