Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just played one, won on defence. Managed to stop their first zerg, then turtling in the keep with a small group downing towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Inevitably people will reply they win as defenders all the time, great. Tell us your tactics, because I'm not seeing it ever. It's getting to the point now that when people queue and realize they are defending they quit immediately.
    Split the raid 50/50 (i.e, grps 1-4 , 5-8) and send half to the east workshop, half to the west workshop.

Hold them while killing the attackers, then get maximum amount of catapults.

Proceed to grind the enemy into the dust. Good luck fighting against catapults aoeing your raid down at 44k dps / sec per target.

If you wanna speed it up a bit, you can send a few of the catapults on to the towers. By this time you'll have 20 vehicles available, so quite easy to spare a few.

Walls have so much health you can sweep the map, cap all the workshops and return with your own vehicles to kill them while they wail away on the walls for that entire time.

Defending is by far way more stronger than offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Just played one, won on defence. Managed to stop their first zerg, then turtling in the keep with a small group downing towers.
    I honestly dunno what the OP is talking about, I won all 4 games I played on defense just because how overtuned the turret damage was. We were melting down attackers with it. they barely got past the first wall on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Defending is by far way more stronger than offensive.
    Seriously, the catapults are ridiculous strong and thus the defense advantage of starting with 16 engines means you can easily kill a few NPCs around the keep then destroy the offense. Catapults need a serious nerf for this to be balanced.

Two major problems by now:
    1. Too many siege engines for just 80 players, reduce it to 3 or maybe even 2 per workshop.
    2. Defense rather likely to "give up" since you have to defend for at least 30 minutes while the offense can rush towards victory in ~10 mins if everything goes well.