Thread: Feral PvM

Feral M+

Ive been playing Feral since the start of the BFA even when it actually was useless, in terms of PVM, however even with the recent buff, it still feels lack luster, not being a super high ilvl (405) with basically best traits, I can count multiple times groups accept Invite to see if im Feral and Ive been kicked, the fact people look at this class as that useless sucks, yeah I can reroll but I mean I enjoy Feral and think that Itd be a simple add, literally buff our AoE a little, its still bad. Theres gotta be something. Because it just sucks not being able to play the class you enjoy, or playing it and not feeling like you matter honestly, anyway I could be totally wrong, about Feral maybe im miss playing it. our single target is fine, AoE just still doesnt compare, not every class can be top of the charts but I mean people not wanting you at all is just rough, I understand its a DoT class. But leave feedback. Im curious how others feel.

Feral is in a very sad state. If you are in denial, then go to PTR and take any other class you have leveled to 120, pick the best gear and traits and compare them in single target and aoe situations.
    Getting kicked from mythic+ is nothing new for melee specs since quaking can be an issue for melee heavy groups. The best solution is to run your own keys and to form a group that fits your spec and gets you the highest probability to complete it on time. I don't think there is an issue getting a +10 key done, but higher than that, Feral doesn't scale that well. A 400+ ilvl tank(even guardian) has no issue to compete with your damage on big pulls. And AoE matters in higher keys. The mobs don't die that fast and casters have a chance to prove themselves.

My advice is to play PVP, resto with feral affinity/Master shapeshifter and you will kick other healers' butt just by feeling comfortable in cat form.

Feral is sleeper OP in m+, I have no trouble beating outlaw rogues in high keys

See Here

Predator/Balance Affinity/Soul of the Forest/Primal Wrath/Moment of Clarity, 3x Wildfleshrending, 3x Jungle Fury, Stack Haste/Crit > Vers >> Mastery.

This build doesn't rake above 3 targets (except from stealth), it's largely about abusing Predator resets with huge swipe damage on trash whilst also having enough ST to not throw a high tyrannical key due to low boss damage.

Typically Swipe will be your top damage done at about 30% and Rip will be about 15% if you play the build correctly.

The biggest problem are fights/Dugeon that benefit some classes (BoD for example that was made for RDPS), dungeons M +, You can hardly get the place of the Melee like Monk or Rogue.

They should have already removed the Shroud of Concealment from the rogues.

Shaman Enh is with a good dps for M +, but even so you do not see many in high dugeons, while in raid the fights are made for RDPS and few melees gain a place in the current, and as we do not have the monk debuff or the buff war becomes difficult to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra View Post
    Ive been playing Feral since the start of the BFA even when it actually was useless, in terms of PVM, however even with the recent buff, it still feels lack luster, not being a super high ilvl (405) with basically best traits, I can count multiple times groups accept Invite to see if im Feral and Ive been kicked, the fact people look at this class as that useless sucks, yeah I can reroll but I mean I enjoy Feral and think that Itd be a simple add, literally buff our AoE a little, its still bad. Theres gotta be something. Because it just sucks not being able to play the class you enjoy, or playing it and not feeling like you matter honestly, anyway I could be totally wrong, about Feral maybe im miss playing it. our single target is fine, AoE just still doesnt compare, not every class can be top of the charts but I mean people not wanting you at all is just rough, I understand its a DoT class. But leave feedback. Im curious how others feel.
    Feral is actually a dark horse. It can be REALLY good. Like Marsc92 said - a guy i've seen around on reddit putting in the work! - feral's dps is really competitive with rogue, DH, it stomps on balance for sure. There is no class I fear when it comes to dps - except maybe locks??
    The only problem with feral is that we don't compete with rogues/dh for utility. I honestly would not take myself to a 20 key. but hey, if you have friends and play smart you can still DEFY THE META.

1884 io currently.
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Psybearslat
    happy to link dps logs also.