Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Preach and other shitters like him simply make a score off unwashed massed with their "revelations" and these said masses swallow it all hook line and sinker.
    I love how almost all the first replies to this are fanboys just shitting on the person who is delivering the topic. They don't actually contribute to the discussion or argue anything he's saying.

Pathetic really - why attack the argument when you can attack the person.

Preach is 100% correct. Gearing is fundamentally flawed in this "MMORPG". If you could even call it that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Most people want to have fun. They're not playing the game as a self-improvement project. Your idea of what's correct leads to running the same stuff even more to get the same end result. I'm very ambivalent about whether or not that's a good idea leaning toward the opinion that it's really a terrible idea.

Blizzard may be fine with people subbing in for a month or two and then leaving for a bit. They make it very easy to come and go so there's evidence that this is the case. Designing to keep people signed up for 12 months by lowering the slope of ilevel progression would not be well received.

That's the point though isn't it.

If you're a casual and you don't want to improve then you're obviously going to hit a ceiling. But no - Blizzard has deemed it so that a mouth breathing moron can punt 15 squirrels in a WQ and attain the best gear in the game.

If a game has 4 different lazy ass difficulties - then the rewards should suit that. Anyone who does not play content at a higher difficulty is not worthy of the higher reward. That's kind of the point isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Pathetic really - why attack the argument when you can attack the person.
    why attack the argument when you can attack the person.
    attack the person.
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/thumb/4/42/Ion_Hazzikostas.jpg/300px-Ion_Hazzikostas.jpg?version=ade7b69ac2340b90d96b82c8e64680aa

Yep. It's as easy as that.

Fire the arrogant piece of shit who believes Azerite was a great system. Truly believes it.

Look at the eyes. He's basically dead inside.
    It shouldn't be this hard to follow your own advice.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

If you're a casual and you don't want to improve then you're obviously going to hit a ceiling. But no - Blizzard has deemed it so that a mouth breathing moron can punt 15 squirrels in a WQ and attain the best gear in the game.
    That's exaggerated greatly. No one is doing WQ's and getting showered by Mythic Raid gear.

I dislike very much the "play the patch" meta they have now but the argument seems to be that "the not best gear in the game" is still too good. I'm ambivalent about that. I've already said my piece about treadmill progression. It's bad if people think of it as a treadmill. That's what they've chosen for progression so that's on them. I've been going on for years here about progression as defined in the clothes you're wearing. It's a bad system and they ought to put their brains together and figure out another after 14 years.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    When people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It shouldn't be this hard to follow your own advice.
    Good one Pebrocks. Keep fabricating bullshit.

The thread you just linked we were specifically talking about ways to fix WoW. My argument was that the current design team are horrible at their jobs - which they are. Specifically a change in leadership would do the game well. So - fire Ion.

But yeah - good job derailing the thread. I thought trolling was bannable?

- - - Updated - - -

That's exaggerated greatly. No one is doing WQ's and getting showered by Mythic Raid gear.

I dislike very much the "play the patch" meta they have now but the argument seems to be that "the not best gear in the game" is still too good. I'm ambivalent about that. I've already said my piece about treadmill progression. It's bad if people think of it as a treadmill. That's what they've chosen for progression so that's on them. I've been going on for years here about progression as defined in the clothes you're wearing. It's a bad system and they ought to put their brains together and figure out another after 14 years.
    Any comments on the comment above yours?

Good one Pebrocks. Keep fabricating bullshit.

The thread you just linked we were specifically talking about ways to fix WoW. My argument was that the current design team are horrible at their jobs - which they are. Specifically a change in leadership would do the game well. So - fire Ion.

But yeah - good job derailing the thread. I thought trolling was bannable?
    Funny how you ignored the part where you insulted Ion, aka "attacking the person".
    arrogant piece of shit

Funny how you ignored the part where you insulted Ion, aka "attacking the person".
    Funny how you ignored the fact that it is relevant to the argument.

Whereas I was pointing out that none of you ever try to dispute the actual argument Preach is talking about. You just attack his person.

This thread is about the gear treadmill. Please stop trolling and derailing the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I exaggerate for the sake of proving a point. The point is that it should not be possible for someone who ONLY does WQs to ever attain that level of gear. Unless he/she/it is willing to put the work in to get it - by improving.

Seasons need to go. It's ridiculous. Completely trivializing content after its 2-4 months old is stupid.

There is no normal, clear progression path anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Blizzard should just remove garbage unnecessary RNG and titanforge/warforge BS.
    Forges ftw!

I would be genuinely interested to see the WQ god rocking gear better than mythic raiders.

Even still wouldn't be the best gear in the game even if they had the best luck imaginable TFing to infinity & beyond.
    Best Azerite in most cases comes from raids as the raid specific traits are bis for many by a solid margin. For those that don't care for them the Azerite in raids is really well itemized, yeah casuals can get the random rolled Azerite from a vendor but it's going to take them a pretty damn long time to save up 1600 residuum getting the 36(?) they get for DEing 385 gear when they eventually get a emissary cache. Even then they need to gamble for traits. Can also get it in the weekly pvp cache as well but that's 2100+ iirc. Not exactly "mouth breather" territory.

Weapons being the other big one which Mythic is the only place you can get a base 415 weapon and roll to 425, since even M+10 weekly caches cap at 420.
    I guess they have a possibility on a 2.5 week(?) cycle to try roll a weapon from the warfront, if that double forges they can get a 410 weapon. Better off just pugging the first boss of M BoD and rolling coins there though.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are smarter people than him. You should not listen any idiot that is on you tube. His name fits his story - Preaching nostalgic bullshit that no one wants except nostalgic players. Luckily, not everyone is nostalgic.
    You don't need a genius to figure out this game's gearing is fundamentally broken.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Good video. Preach is right.
    Nope he is dead wrong.

This thread in a nutshell ^

Funny how you ignored the fact that it is relevant to the argument.
    Calling someone a "arrogant piece of shit" is somehow relevant to that argument? How do you manage to defend yourself insulting someone and call other people pathetic for doing exactly what you do?

You just attack his person.
    Show me where I once did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You don't need a genius to figure out this game's gearing is fundamentally broken.
    Like Preach or not, I think we can all agree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I would be genuinely interested to see the WQ god rocking gear better than mythic raiders.

Even still wouldn't be the best gear in the game even if they had the best luck imaginable TFing to infinity & beyond.
    Best Azerite in most cases comes from raids as the raid specific traits are bis for many by a solid margin. For those that don't care for them the Azerite in raids is really well itemized, yeah casuals can get the random rolled Azerite from a vendor but it's going to take them a pretty damn long time to save up 1600 residuum getting the 36(?) they get for DEing 385 gear when they eventually get a emissary cache. Even then they need to gamble for traits. Can also get it in the weekly pvp cache as well but that's 2100+ iirc. Not exactly "mouth breather" territory.

Weapons being the other big one which Mythic is the only place you can get a base 415 weapon and roll to 425, since even M+10 weekly caches cap at 420.
    I guess they have a possibility on a 2.5 week(?) cycle to try roll a weapon from the warfront, if that double forges they can get a 410 weapon. Better off just pugging the first boss of M BoD and rolling coins there though.
    Stop trying to claim I said that a WQ hero can attain a FULL SET of Mythic gear. I didn't say that - anywhere.

They shouldn't be able to attain any items that are of Mythic level. They didn't do the difficulty of content required to attain them so why should they ever get them?

It's pretty simple isn't it. Real world doesn't reward mediocrity. Neither does any other MMO I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Nope he is dead wrong.
    Explain how he's wrong rather than just saying "HE'S WRONG!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Apparently it's really hard to grasp, specifically for fanboys.

Quit a week before BoD opened. Had 385 ilvl. Came back a week ago and won't even get invited to normal BoD pugs.

Exactly this is what's broken. Why put any effort in getting the highest ilvl possible when it's absolutely worthless and trash when the new raid is released? That is the definition of wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Nope he is dead wrong.
    Compelling argument as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling someone a "arrogant piece of shit" is somehow relevant to that argument? How do you manage to defend yourself insulting someone and call other people pathetic for doing exactly what you do?

Show me where I once did this.
    You didn't. But you are specifically replying to a comment where I quoted a person who did.

So why are you even replying? You aren't commenting on the thread in question at all. You're directly derailing and it's actually pathetic you don't get moderated.

Here - since you won't stop spamming this thread with bullshit that has nothing to do with it. I'll try to spell it out for you in a way that a 3 yr old could understand.

Game is in a horrendous state and has been for quite some time. It is clear that these design choices are set in stone - they're bad for the game. My argument is that the only way to change this course is to fire the lead designer and his underlings. His arrogance is part of the reason the game sucks right now. His inability to listen to feedback because he thinks his shit doesn't stink. I "insulted" Ion and his arrogance because it had to do with the thread in question. The Fanboys insulting Preach in this thread are not doing so to support any sort of argument - they're specifically doing so because they can't refute his argument. Grasping it yet?

Now fuck off and stop spamming this thread with BULLSHIT from another thread.

This discussion boils down to two sides. One side agrees with Preach. This is the side that cares about the gear other people are wearing and are upset if the relative difference is reduced like it has been in Legion and BfA. This is the extremely vocal minority of hyper active players and they often say things like, "they're shit!" when talking about the skill of others like Preach did in this video. Then there's the other side. That side is happy to have progression even if it's time gated by warfront turnovers and emissary quests. They don't care how self important mythic raiders think they are. To them gearing is a means to an end not a measurement of the size of one's genitals. They never deluded themselves to believe that the progression treadmill was ever anything more than what it is and they play because they enjoy it and not to derive a sense of self worth from video game accomplishments. I laugh at lot at the former group, most because when I was younger I was actually in that group and believed a lot of similar things.

I'm gonna be honest the first 15 minutes of this video is still relevant today nearly 8 years later and even more so. The state of this game has worsened and even raiding has become less and less relevant because lower difficulties can end up making it so you can just get 425 gear. Why bother doing mythic when you can just spam heroic to get 410 or 415 titanforges. Or just do mythic 10s which can be easier or harder depending on the week or your group comp. Raids become easier and easier over time riduclously fast blizzard doesn't even have to nerf content anymore despite doing it anyway. It's become a joke.