Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
38
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I watched his video yesterday and quit a few weeks back mostly for that reason. There’s less incentive to mythic raid than ever considering heroic gear Wf/tf, word bosses, m+, etc have all rendered mythic raiding pretty much useless.

    On top of that, the gear treadmill has never meant less. Can anyone honestly name a single piece of gear this expac, what it’s stats are and where they got it? Gear is nothing but static numbers to be replaced vs gear you remember for life from earlier in wows life.

    There’s also very little to no agency over your character. No choices matter. There’s no rpg elements left in this mmo RPG. It has become an mmo ARPG with more in common with diablo 3 than wow vanilla or Everquest (it’s roots). The game was better when you had to beat A to get to B, B to C, etc. now, every patch makes everything step A with different difficulties that don’t really matter because, again, mythic raiding has been devalued to such an extreme by M+

    He is right. It’s the lack of rpg, the meaningless of gear, and how bad the gear ladder is now that has ran people away.
    What a load of bullshit, just like Preach. There is an incentive, many in fact, to raid mythic. First of all, the prestige that comes from getting cutting edge, and famed title. Then the mythic only amazing looking sets, compared to the watered down versions of normal/lfr/hc. The items dropped on mythic are base 415, so it takes much less luck to get 425 pieces on mythic, than spamming m+. I've been doing tons of m+ this season, yet no piece has titanforged above 410. Most of my gear is raid gear that is 415-420 with from BoD mythic.

    The occasional mount, and how early you get it compared to everyone else. There is prestige in that too, and if you say that well, ppl can farm it 2 expansions from now, well so what? I can just get a new amazing mythic boss mount from 10.2 patch raid and I will still be just as cool looking.

    The Azerite pieces you receive from BoD are 415 with potential 420 ilvl once you earn higher levels of azerite power, which should be pretty easy soon with the artifact knowledge gains weekly.

    The feeling of co-operating with 19 other people to do amazing strategies, and beat mythic exclusive mechanics. I found it pretty fun that we had to use two resto totems for our strat for Jaina mythic, the demonology warlock niche in the intermission for their insane damage, priest mind controlling the kul tirans to throw them off ship. All these things could happen on HC also, but no one ever does them, because frankly, it is not needed.

    So there you have it, there are still 4-5 incentives to do mythic raiding, and I feel like it's at its most rewarding stage at this point of the game. Preach just makes stupid videos and creates controversy in the community just to rake in the cash, and you are all victims of his nostalgic words and shit. I can name you a few cool items if you like from this expansion for me personally.

    - Giga-Charged Shoulderpads > Mekkatorque shoulders with near PERFECT traits for literally all warlock specs. As a warlock main, I will never forget either the azerite traits this item offered us, neither it's awesome name, cause it's GIGA.

    - Opulence Trinket > You know what it does, it's a troublemaker, but it's also a trinket that makes your dps skyrocket. It's by far the strongest trinket for casters at the moment, if utilised well within the group.

    - Balefire Branch > The trinket I farm every tier as a warlock, due to its sheer power. My Demon Commander could never be more thankful, dealing nearly 1 million dmg himself to jaina during intermission, thanks to this bad boy.

    - Ignition Mage's Fuse > Trinket that gives you haste till you feel like a god. It has helped me squeeze in the 8th crashing chaos chaos bolt more times than I can count during infernal cds. I do not play troll, so I don't have berserking, and this trinket is POG for me.

    - Crown of the Seducer > Another Opulence item, an interesting crown with gems that give you 1 fun effect, 2 useful ones, and a bunch of useless effects. I love the health pot one personally, as I find intellect potions a lot more useful than the sapphire of brilliance, but even that is pretty nice. The shrinking one gave us some good laughs on Mekkatorque HC.

    - Fogbreaker, Light of the Sea > This item has helped many of our guild members reduce the Howling Winds effect on Jaina intermission, which was pretty useful for some of our weaker links to dodge the orbs created by icebound images, leading to an overall smoother progression once acquired for quite a few of our members.

    A ton of great items are coming next raid, in Crucible of the Storms, with fun effects, some of which seem pretty strong and will be definitely remembered for some time. So yeah, I don't know what you are talking about, but so far, there have been some super interesting items from dungeons and BoD. Uldir was a bit boring items-wise, but so has been literally every entry raid ever. I am pretty sure there are a bunch of items like plumage or Harlan's rolling dice that melee dpsers appreciate too, or the purgatory-like effect from Bwonsamdi's bargain from tanks, etc, that many like, but I just cannot appreciate them as I focus on casters. I conclude that both Preach and you, a Preach bot, are just overreacting and need to find a new game, as you are both tired from WoW. His thumbnail, while funny, oddly represents the amount of stupidity that Preach has in his head in my opinion, if he actually believes all the bullshit he has been spreading.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am not sure exactly what you trying to convey.
    Yeah, that much was obvious.
    How is my argument wrong when skill of a player cant be defined by 2 variables when multiple exist?
    Your argument is wrong because you basically make up a definition of "bad" while ignoring what it actually means.
    You then try to justify it by pulling reason out of nowhere, still ignoring the fact that it's completely besides the point.
    Something if "hard" or "easy" relative to how easily it can be achieved. That's literally Captain Obvious territory. If only 1 % of the people trying to do something can manage to achieve it, by definition it's "hard".
    Yet somehow it seems to escape your graps, and you make up definition of "good" and "bad" based on... well, nothing... and then when shown you're wrong, you just claim "well, I don't care about what these words are based on to be defined, lol".

    Hey, I wonder... If you consider "bad" people who can't manage to be in the top 1 %, what level of stupidity would you give to people who can't manage to understand something that probably 75 % of people can ?
    Because that's right where you're at now.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Asmondgold is not smart. He's got the ability to memorize every piece of gear in the game, but most of the time he just cherry picks what other people like Preach says, and makes it his own. Seen him do it enough to pretty much ignore anything he has to say, about anything. Asmondgold is just clever, in that he's monetizing other people's ideas in a way that's not obvious to the casual viewer.

    Preach is unusual, in that he doesn't have a "crusade". He loves WoW. He'll probably enjoy classic as much as retail, and he's just talking about the problems he sees in the retail game. He's not the be-all end-all WoW expert, but he is very knowledgable and has a lot of insight into the game that isn't tainted with the usual agendas from a lot of the other streamers. He just loves WoW, and loves talking about it. He wants people to play it more, and sees a big issue in the game - which looks like is very real. And, it's not just "Muh mythic" or "muh raiders" or "mug pvp" - he's seeing issues effecting the entire game. He wants everyone to enjoy playing - which is a refreshing change from the endless complaints and ravings about classic vs. retail and the overwhelming focus on raiding and mythic.
    Asmongold possesses critical thinking, great insight and communicates effectively. That's why I say he's smart, it's not because he's a nerd encyclopedia of useless information.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Gear was horrifically structured in vanilla and most classes were terribly broken in vanilla. Yet subs just went crazy high. That's because neither of those things matter AT ALL.
    Gear matters now. Even if you're a part of a guild, people eventually quit and then you're left pugging anyway. Gear matters. In Vanilla, even in BC, you needed numbers to round out a raid and the pond your fishing in is greatly limited. Leveling content was engaing in Vanilla (for the time period), it was part of the fun and a big reason why was because "character progression" existed. Cross realms are not going away therefore a more effective gearing system needs to be put in place. When you do a Warfront, get a 340 off-hand, complete the quest and get a 370 off-hand and your current off-hand is 375 then rinse and repeat the following week...it's counter-productive. Since there really is no character progression (as far as power goes) and the class design is atrocious (so you don't play for the sake of playing), Blizzard is losing subs hand over fist and rightfully.

    And by the way - Wow Classic isn't going to save WOW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Gear was horrifically structured in vanilla and most classes were terribly broken in vanilla. Yet subs just went crazy high. That's because neither of those things matter AT ALL.
    Gear matters now. Even if you're a part of a guild, people eventually quit and then you're left pugging anyway. Gear matters. In Vanilla, even in BC, you needed numbers to round out a raid and the pond your fishing in is greatly limited. Leveling content was engaing in Vanilla (for the time period), it was part of the fun and a big reason why was because "character progression" existed. Cross realms are not going away therefore a more effective gearing system needs to be put in place. When you do a Warfront, get a 340 off-hand, complete the quest and get a 370 off-hand and your current off-hand is 375 then rinse and repeat the following week...it's counter-productive. Since there really is no character progression (as far as power goes) and the class design is atrocious (so you don't play for the sake of playing), Blizzard is losing subs hand over fist and rightfully.

    And by the way - Wow Classic isn't going to save WOW.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, that much was obvious.

    Your argument is wrong because you basically make up a definition of "bad" while ignoring what it actually means.
    You then try to justify it by pulling reason out of nowhere, still ignoring the fact that it's completely besides the point.
    Something if "hard" or "easy" relative to how easily it can be achieved. That's literally Captain Obvious territory. If only 1 % of the people trying to do something can manage to achieve it, by definition it's "hard".
    Yet somehow it seems to escape your graps, and you make up definition of "good" and "bad" based on... well, nothing... and then when shown you're wrong, you just claim "well, I don't care about what these words are based on to be defined, lol".

    Hey, I wonder... If you consider "bad" people who can't manage to be in the top 1 %, what level of stupidity would you give to people who can't manage to understand something that probably 75 % of people can ?
    Because that's right where you're at now.
    What.

    Who said anything about trying and achieving.

    I dont care about your previous argument for Mythic raiders, i am defining player skill, which has many variables.

    If you dont get better at something, you are bad.

    Compared to someone that finished a Phd in Math, i am a dumbass in math, aka bad.

    I said it above, someone called you bad at the game, which is probably true and you are trying to define yourself as average.

    The same way i didnt study into Phd Math level, and i am a dumbass at math, people are bad at the game if they dont try to get better.

    Aka 99% of the community.

    I dont care about your previous argument.

    Player skill can definitely be defined, just because you chose to define it by "LUL ONLY 1% DOES MYTHIC RAIDING".
    Last edited by potis; 2019-03-15 at 05:41 PM.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It was a much better game, period. It was a true RPG, vs today's ARPG wow.

    Maybe your experience was different, but i remember damn near EVERY gear i got in vanilla and where i targeted it, when it dropped, who was with me, etc.

    I have friends from vanilla for LIFE. It was the best of WoW by a large margin in many departments. Raiding would become better over time, but the gear and character development meant more in vanilla than any expac since put together.

    Go ahead and name me 3 RPG mechanics in current WoW that exist.

    I'd rather play a big open world that felt alive vs sit in a town and que for activity with random nameless faces in a crowd. In vanilla, you'd have more social interaction with that single MARA group you mentiond than in all of BFA's LFD/LFR/M+ put together.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I put it like this....

    One is an MMO-RPG and one is an MMO-ARPG. Two different games. Classic wow was a real MMO RPG in every sense of the words and experience. Current WoW has more in common with Diablo 3 and ARPG than it does it's roots such as other MMORPG like EQ.

    They appeal to 2 diff crowds. Classic WoW appeals to the older, more sophisticated generation that is there for the journey not the endgame grind. A more table top AD&D setting.

    Current WoW appeals to the ARPG Diablo 3 insta gratification crowd with very little, to no RPG elements left in the game at all.

    - - - Updated - - -



    you just proved my point for me, actually. You have multiple characters at Mythic raid readiness by only doing a few M+. Why should the mythic raider continue to grind in the off hours, the AP, and everything else if you can just get some lucky WF/TF in M+ or Heroic and call it a day?

    The gear treadmill has never been worse in WOW
    Except an endless gear treadmill exist in real life but the upgrades get smaller and smaller.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What.

    Who said anything about trying and achieving.

    I dont care about your previous argument for Mythic raiders, i am defining player skill, which has many variables.

    If you dont get better at something, you are bad.

    Compared to someone that finished a Phd in Math, i am a dumbass in math, aka bad.

    I said it above, someone called you bad at the game, which is probably true and you are trying to define yourself as average.

    The same way i didnt study into Phd Math level, and i am a dumbass at math, people are bad at the game if they dont try to get better.

    Aka 99% of the community.

    I dont care about your previous argument.

    Player skill can definitely be defined, just because you chose to define it by "LUL ONLY 1% DOES MYTHIC RAIDING".
    Or you can just have fun in a game like people do in real life. You can spend your life having fun or inventing the next big thing but here is the kicker we're dying. So what is winning really?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post


    Or you can just have fun in a game like people do in real life. You can spend your life having fun or inventing the next big thing but here is the kicker we're dying. So what is winning really?
    I am not discussing winning.

    I am discussing how he tries to give a terrible example of player skill with 2 variables when the variables are multiple.

    You dont want to learn the game? Fine.

    Dont say "A player doing 50% damage of someone is average", thats 1 variable, if i check all the variables that player is doing 50% damage, taking 300% more damage, interrupted 100% less, offhealed 100% less and ton of other things.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-03-15 at 05:55 PM.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I dont care about your previous argument.
    You make a dumb claim.
    You're proven wrong.
    "Well, I don't care about your argument !" *pout*

    Yeah, I guess we can sum up everything you said with that.

  8. #548
    Pandaren Monk msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Slam View Post
    I'm just gonna bury my head in the sand and tell people theyre stupid for agreeing with a youtuber or any twitch streamer.
    I went at least 6 pages into this thread to see if people actually discuss his talking point, but they don't, everyone wants to cry about how the man makes them emotional so they don't wanna listen to his bad words no more.

    All you see in here is people covering their ears and eyes and going "nanananananananana".

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    watched it this morning . typical whining that "mythic gear isnt special enough" with slight hints/questions whether casual players are ok with current gear model.

    answear is - yes they are because they can now say "screw you elitest a...holes" and just do casual content while being nicely rewarded for it.

    and this hurts people like Preach the most - that the whole concept of "players should aspire to be better" got shattered into milion pieces.
    The reward structures punishes everyone you absolute clown. Doesn't matter if you're a casual or a mythic raider. Any item from any given tier, is replaced instantly on a new season, whether you're a normal mode raider, a hc raider or even a mythic raider.

    Atleast watch the fucking video before replying to it.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    What a load of bullshit, just like Preach. There is an incentive, many in fact, to raid mythic. First of all, the prestige that comes from getting cutting edge, and famed title. Then the mythic only amazing looking sets, compared to the watered down versions of normal/lfr/hc. The items dropped on mythic are base 415, so it takes much less luck to get 425 pieces on mythic, than spamming m+. I've been doing tons of m+ this season, yet no piece has titanforged above 410. Most of my gear is raid gear that is 415-420 with from BoD mythic.

    The occasional mount, and how early you get it compared to everyone else. There is prestige in that too, and if you say that well, ppl can farm it 2 expansions from now, well so what? I can just get a new amazing mythic boss mount from 10.2 patch raid and I will still be just as cool looking.

    The Azerite pieces you receive from BoD are 415 with potential 420 ilvl once you earn higher levels of azerite power, which should be pretty easy soon with the artifact knowledge gains weekly.

    The feeling of co-operating with 19 other people to do amazing strategies, and beat mythic exclusive mechanics. I found it pretty fun that we had to use two resto totems for our strat for Jaina mythic, the demonology warlock niche in the intermission for their insane damage, priest mind controlling the kul tirans to throw them off ship. All these things could happen on HC also, but no one ever does them, because frankly, it is not needed.

    So there you have it, there are still 4-5 incentives to do mythic raiding, and I feel like it's at its most rewarding stage at this point of the game. Preach just makes stupid videos and creates controversy in the community just to rake in the cash, and you are all victims of his nostalgic words and shit. I can name you a few cool items if you like from this expansion for me personally.

    - Giga-Charged Shoulderpads > Mekkatorque shoulders with near PERFECT traits for literally all warlock specs. As a warlock main, I will never forget either the azerite traits this item offered us, neither it's awesome name, cause it's GIGA.

    - Opulence Trinket > You know what it does, it's a troublemaker, but it's also a trinket that makes your dps skyrocket. It's by far the strongest trinket for casters at the moment, if utilised well within the group.

    - Balefire Branch > The trinket I farm every tier as a warlock, due to its sheer power. My Demon Commander could never be more thankful, dealing nearly 1 million dmg himself to jaina during intermission, thanks to this bad boy.

    - Ignition Mage's Fuse > Trinket that gives you haste till you feel like a god. It has helped me squeeze in the 8th crashing chaos chaos bolt more times than I can count during infernal cds. I do not play troll, so I don't have berserking, and this trinket is POG for me.

    - Crown of the Seducer > Another Opulence item, an interesting crown with gems that give you 1 fun effect, 2 useful ones, and a bunch of useless effects. I love the health pot one personally, as I find intellect potions a lot more useful than the sapphire of brilliance, but even that is pretty nice. The shrinking one gave us some good laughs on Mekkatorque HC.

    - Fogbreaker, Light of the Sea > This item has helped many of our guild members reduce the Howling Winds effect on Jaina intermission, which was pretty useful for some of our weaker links to dodge the orbs created by icebound images, leading to an overall smoother progression once acquired for quite a few of our members.

    A ton of great items are coming next raid, in Crucible of the Storms, with fun effects, some of which seem pretty strong and will be definitely remembered for some time. So yeah, I don't know what you are talking about, but so far, there have been some super interesting items from dungeons and BoD. Uldir was a bit boring items-wise, but so has been literally every entry raid ever. I am pretty sure there are a bunch of items like plumage or Harlan's rolling dice that melee dpsers appreciate too, or the purgatory-like effect from Bwonsamdi's bargain from tanks, etc, that many like, but I just cannot appreciate them as I focus on casters. I conclude that both Preach and you, a Preach bot, are just overreacting and need to find a new game, as you are both tired from WoW. His thumbnail, while funny, oddly represents the amount of stupidity that Preach has in his head in my opinion, if he actually believes all the bullshit he has been spreading.
    Those aren't good incentives, you're really reaching for straws here IMHO. The same gear as LFR, Norm, Heroic, but with a few extra stats is not incentive.

    Imagine if a single LEGENDARY dropped each tier in this expac, and ONLY from the last boss of mythic. Or if the mounts only dropped in mythic. or if mythic had an entirely separate wing that only was for mythic. etc.

    You know, UNIQUE content and rewards that aren't meaningless titles.

    Old WoW had flaws, but there was more meaning in each item you wore than everything i've earned in BFA combined. Legion even did it significantly better.

    I've never walked away from WoW before, until BFA. I've driven 3000 miles to go to a blizzcon or 2, i've even got Murky ffs.

    I just don't enjoy the new ARPG style of WoW. It's my personal preference. Those incentives are not enough for me to justify the jump in effort/time.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Those aren't good incentives, you're really reaching for straws here IMHO. The same gear as LFR, Norm, Heroic, but with a few extra stats is not incentive.

    Imagine if a single LEGENDARY dropped each tier in this expac, and ONLY from the last boss of mythic. Or if the mounts only dropped in mythic. or if mythic had an entirely separate wing that only was for mythic. etc.

    You know, UNIQUE content and rewards that aren't meaningless titles.

    Old WoW had flaws, but there was more meaning in each item you wore than everything i've earned in BFA combined. Legion even did it significantly better.

    I've never walked away from WoW before, until BFA. I've driven 3000 miles to go to a blizzcon or 2, i've even got Murky ffs.

    I just don't enjoy the new ARPG style of WoW. It's my personal preference. Those incentives are not enough for me to justify the jump in effort/time.
    It is lol you can clear the highest content without upgrading gear. Mythic raiders get mounts and achievements. Sometimes unique transmogs as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by velikanthehunterr View Post
    The reward structures punishes everyone you absolute clown. Doesn't matter if you're a casual or a mythic raider. Any item from any given tier, is replaced instantly on a new season, whether you're a normal mode raider, a hc raider or even a mythic raider.

    Atleast watch the fucking video before replying to it.
    The alternative to that is older gear being useless but titanforging makes older content worth doing again. sometimes older gear has unique procs that make them fun or useful on fights rather than a waste of time. It's one of the reason, I enjoy vanilla a lot of leveling items are actually op in raids/pvp. There is a lot less waste in vanilla compared to now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    You can get 395-400 gear first season which is enough to do the next mythic raid... Isn't that how it all ways worked? I don't get preachers point.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2019-03-15 at 06:21 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You make a dumb claim.
    You're proven wrong.
    "Well, I don't care about your argument !" *pout*

    Yeah, I guess we can sum up everything you said with that.
    Not really, you are just evading in order to fit your own agenda.

    I am sorry you are terrible at the game.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I think he's touching on a very important subject. With how the reward structure is set up right now it means that there's really no incentive for anyone to replay the content and progress their character after seeing the content, regardless of at what level you play the game it'll all be completely reset after 3 months anyway.
    I also think its broken and I stopped playing because of it.

    The current structure devalues their own content and the player efforts. I'm not sure the ideal solution, but some things are obvious to me. Achievements and associated rewards should cease to exist once a tier is no longer relevant ( when next raid opens or perhaps at the end of the expac? ). Leaving achievements in the game after content loses relevancy just devalues the hard work I put in when it was relevant. Also, you can only blaze through old content one-shotting everything so many times before you realize the game has no depth. Pressing W to move forward while spamming some aoe button gets old pretty fast, and it neutralizes all the nuance in the game of different mob skills etc.

    I could go on for a while, but that is the gist of it. Blizz destroyed the fun, challenge, and sense of accomplishment in their own game when they started racing to ensure nobody ever felt left behind.

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why does everyone think wow vanilla leveling is atrociously slow? I've played since original beta and I never found vanilla leveling slow. I came from Everquest; That was slow. Vanilla wow leveling speed was not slow as far as I'm concerned. When I decided to level a priest in vanilla (roughly 3-4 months after launch) I managed to level that character from 1-60 in about 2 months of casual play.

    Now imagine in someone who has leveled 30+ alts (personally I would never do this); They have the zones down to a T in terms of leveling. It is not going to take players months to level. Expect to see players at level 60 at the end of the first week.
    You can hit max level in vanilla in 4 days on a priest.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are smarter people than him. You should not listen any idiot that is on you tube. His name fits his story - Preaching nostalgic bullshit that no one wants except nostalgic players. Luckily, not everyone is nostalgic.
    Keep telling yourself that all the way to the mmo graveyard.

    It was safe to say that when there were enough new ppl coming in to support your comment, but the problem now is you've lost enough people like me that the game is in a death spiral. The game was healthiest when you had loyal and nostalgic players like me. The real problem came to life when Blizz started chasing people like you instead. And that is the reason Wow is where it is today.

    So enjoy your victory. You won the fist fight, but unfortunately you did so while standing on the deck of the Titanic.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not really, you are just evading in order to fit your own agenda.

    I am sorry you are terrible at the game.
    Irony at its finest

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Keep telling yourself that all the way to the mmo graveyard.

    It was safe to say that when there were enough new ppl coming in to support your comment, but the problem now is you've lost enough people like me that the game is in a death spiral. The game was healthiest when you had loyal and nostalgic players like me. The real problem came to life when Blizz started chasing people like you instead. And that is the reason Wow is where it is today.

    So enjoy your victory. You won the fist fight, but unfortunately you did so while standing on the deck of the Titanic.
    You have no proof this is the reason and please don't cut yourself on all that edge. The game was healthy because more people were coming in than leaving despite most not even reaching max level or quitting before. Every genre stagnants or gets oversaturated with competition. blaming the games decline on a singular reason is immature.

    Arena shooters, Mobas, and Rts have all decline or been overstaturated wow isn't a unique case study. I do agree that blizzard mades mistakes but I doubt wow we'll ever return to 12 million players.

    I think wow pvp died because of how team based it's gotten lately. There are literally hundreds of reason wow is in decline lol. I think the biggest is overall class designed and they should just revert classes back to mop than work from there instead of continuing this shitshow.

    Battle Royals we'll face the same problem wow is having it just a matter of time.
    Last edited by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen; 2019-03-15 at 06:33 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Calling 99 % of the population "bad", regardless of it being insulting or not, is mainly the sign of being an idiot oneself and not understanding the whole definition of "bad".
    Hint : "average" means that you're in the bracket where about 50 % are worse and 50 % are better.
    That's not true, at all. Let's talk non normal distribution, if you're average you'd have way less than 50% of a population ahead of you.

    Shitty hint lol.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    The game was healthiest when you had loyal and nostalgic players like me.
    This is based on the assumption that during that time, all people were loyal and nostalgic players like you, which is rather false.

    There were more players back then, but no one outside of Blizzard knows the what these players were doing. Were they long terms players or just short term players.

    What were the turn over rate in the players rate? How many new accounts created vs accounts closed? We do not know. Blizzard did say WoW had 100 million accounts. If this is the number of active accounts, which is probable since free-to-20 did not arrive until much later and I find it hard to accept that there were a sudden surge of these accounts. That is quite a lot of accounts which means WoW always had a high turn over rate. The difference now is that there less new players coming in to offset the old players leaving.

    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    The real problem came to life when Blizz started chasing people like you instead. And that is the reason Wow is where it is today.
    And if Blizzard cater to people like you would it be better now? We do not know. Blizzard is a company. They did not cater to you maybe because you are a minority group and that it was a business decision.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    That's not true, at all. Let's talk non normal distribution, if you're average you'd have way less than 50% of a population ahead of you.

    Shitty hint lol.
    Or the opposite and you'll have way MORE than 50 % of the population ahead of you, as "non normal distribution" doesn't mean the outliers are necessarily in the upper part. You'd also would need to explain why the distribution is non-normal to begin with. And overall it would require to play dumb about what "average" means in common parlance.
    Seems to me it's not my hint which is shitty, but rather the amount of grasping at straws that some guys in this thread are intend to do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    This is based on the assumption that during that time, all people were loyal and nostalgic players like you, which is rather false.

    There were more players back then, but no one outside of Blizzard knows the what these players were doing. Were they long terms players or just short term players.

    What were the turn over rate in the players rate? How many new accounts created vs accounts closed? We do not know. Blizzard did say WoW had 100 million accounts. If this is the number of active accounts, which is probable since free-to-20 did not arrive until much later and I find it hard to accept that there were a sudden surge of these accounts. That is quite a lot of accounts which means WoW always had a high turn over rate. The difference now is that there less new players coming in to offset the old players leaving.
    Well, TBH, Blizzard itself said that less than 30 % of players went above lvl 10. This "100 millions" accounts as proof of high-turn-over doesn't ring very meaningful to me, as people leaving before lvl 10 were most probably much more in the "simply not interested in the game to begin with" category than in the "ended up losing interest in the game".

    If we consider only people leveling above 10 (which, frankly, still isn't a sign of a deep interest in the game in itself), we get a much higher retention rate, especially for early WoW.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-03-15 at 08:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •