Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are smarter people than him. You should not listen any idiot that is on you tube. His name fits his story - Preaching nostalgic bullshit that no one wants except nostalgic players. Luckily, not everyone is nostalgic.
    Funny, you were REAL quick to bitch about preach, calling him an idiot and telling OP not to listen to him.

...Yet after 11 pages you've failed to detail how Preach was wrong in this vid. Did you even watch any of the video in the OP?

We've been on a treadmill since forever, new raid comes out old gear is essentially obsolete.
    This aint some magical new discovery that suddenly occurred in BFA.

Been like this since forever [At least since WotLK where I played much more seriously] with the small rare anomalies to this fact; Shard of Woe, Convergence of Fates, Draught of Souls etc.

And there's nothing wrong with this imo, every new season/tier we're progressing with our character. Who the fuck wants the situation where for example, Jimmy still needs to kill M G'huun because it still drops his BiS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach seems to have some very bizarre fixed views on who casual players are and what they want, despite not being one himself. He talks about them as if they're some kind of elusive creature that through extensive study he has managed to fully understand but he projects complete confidence that us, the viewer has no idea about these people until he educates us on them and their ways.

Hes done it again in this video where he seemed confused and surprised that there were people in LFR who would have the skill and audacity to follow WoW social channels enough to recognise an influencers character. *shock*
    At this point of WoW's maturity I'd be really surprised if there were as many uninformed casuals playing max level characters as he seems to believe and all those awful players aren't just somewhat informed players collecting gear on alts they haven't bothered to learn how to play.

I wish he'd just present his views on his own experience and why as a mythic raider he feels annoyed with the current system without the pretend concern towards a group he isn't part of.

IS THAT A PREACH VIDEO?
    Quick, let me make a comment about how much I hate the guy, how he's a shill, how he's a noob, how no one should care about him and about how FUCKING much I despise the guy for being very much alive.

I haven't even watched this video, but I know it's wrong I've watched 5 minutes of this video and everything he said is wrong, everything he said is bullshit, everything he said is clickbait, I FUCKING hate the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I raided up to Felmyst. I think we ran 3 locks, sometimes 4 in BT and sunwell. One lock had to CoE, other then that it was SB spam. I cant even remember if it was worth casting any of the other curses like weakness. My rotation was spiced up because I had Skull of guldan, so that was something lol.
    Ye see, thats what an actual Warlock that played TBC would say.

Not "WARLOCK THEN HAD MORE BUTTONS", when its a massive lie, unless you were so god damn terrible at the game and never left the HC dungeons.

You are absolutely correct. Which means, you have to search for them. They are not out in the open.
    You could even say those people seldom are the first to jump into a thread to spout their unrelated banal nonsense minutes after it's made without even reading the main post.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2019-03-14 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Ye see, thats what an actual Warlock that played TBC would say.

Not "WARLOCK THEN HAD MORE BUTTONS", when its a massive lie, unless you were so god damn terrible at the game and never left the HC dungeons.
    You absolutely had more buttons back then as a lock. just so happened that 90% of them were worthless.

It was my personal opinion that i enjoyed the way warlocks played more back then vs now. It's just my opinion that they had a better class identity overall. Most of them did, good and bad.

I just really dislike the way warlocks are designed currently. I didn't say they were badly designed, weren't more complex, or any of that.

Just that i personally enjoyed my lock a hell of a lot more even as sbolt spam than i do now.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-03-14 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    We've been on a treadmill since forever, new raid comes out old gear is essentially obsolete.
    This aint some magical new discovery that suddenly occurred in BFA.

Been like this since forever [At least since WotLK where I played much more seriously] with the small rare anomalies to this fact; Shard of Woe, Convergence of Fates, Draught of Souls etc.

And there's nothing wrong with this imo, every new season/tier we're progressing with our character. Who the fuck wants the situation where for example, Jimmy still needs to kill M G'huun because it still drops his BiS?
    The obsolescence has never been this fast though. We're talking old gear being fully replaced within a week with moderate effort. Fully replaced in 3 weeks with hardly any effort. Then slamming into a wall and only getting minor upgrades after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    The obsolescence has never been this fast though. We're talking old gear being fully replaced within a week with moderate effort. Fully replaced in 3 weeks with hardly any effort. Then slamming into a wall and only getting minor upgrades after that.
    I literally received last piece I care about for now yesterday, this means it took me almost 2 months to replace my gear and I still don't really have raid azerite proper, I just lucked out on vendor rolls, so I am not that much in need.

3 weeks hardly any effort? Guess if you are talking about ilvl 400 trash then like maybe?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Whenever I see these threads I always see a lot of people complaining about the youtube personality by pretty much being total dicks. Something tells me they are a bigger problem since the mere discussion seems to sicken them to changing the subject to a content creator.

As much as I agree and disagree with Preach from time to time I have to say he has a point here. Once you reach your patch goal whats the point of playing anymore? Like he said gear used to do it. But I mean we are how many weeks in and I am already 414? Put in a couple more months for 416? No thanks. Two more mythic kills and its unsub time until 8.2. Already.
    TBF Youtube does not make it hard to blame the creator. In fact Youtube has fostered a business model for these people of "play for clicks." And in 2017 the hot thing was shock videos (See: the infamous Logan Paul Suicide Forest video), then in 2018 it was Rage Baiting, now in 2019 it looks like the hot thing is going to be fueling conspiracies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I literally received last piece I care about for now yesterday, this means it took me almost 2 months to replace my gear and I still don't really have raid azerite proper, I just lucked out on vendor rolls, so I am not that much in need.

3 weeks hardly any effort? Guess if you are talking about ilvl 400 trash then like maybe?
    I wasn't talking about getting your BiS. I was talking about replacing your Uldir gear. And even before this, you weren't hitting BiS in mythic within 2 months. I'm guessing you got 80% of what you needed a month ago anyway through M+ chests and the first 4 bosses of mythic.
    Last edited by harruin; 2019-03-14 at 09:19 PM.

Any treadmill preach steps on is bound to break a few gears.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You absolutely had more buttons back then as a lock. just so happened that 90% of them were worthless.

It was my personal opinion that i enjoyed the way warlocks played more back then vs now. It's just my opinion that they had a better class identity overall. Most of them did, good and bad.

I just really dislike the way warlocks are designed currently. I didn't say they were badly designed, weren't more complex, or any of that.

Just that i personally enjoyed my lock a hell of a lot more even as sbolt spam than i do now.
    Buttons you do not click are the same as buttons you do not have.

Though I'll agree I have complaints about current warlock design. The expansion of the Soul Shard system was pretty much a big L for Blizzard. It doesn't make Affliction play better, I'd argue it makes it play worse. It works for Demonology, but the old Burning Ember system worked for Destro way better than the current implementation of Soul Shards.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My thoughts exactly.

I totally don't understand this titanforging boogeyman either. It used to be somewhat a thing, but it's not now.

Mythic raiders raid mythic first and foremost because raid challenge is fun for us. Raids is my cup of tea since Vanilla and last several expansions, aside from some oddball raid, raids were stellar and the quality is top notch there and BfA is not exception here.

Our purple pixels becoming obsolete with new raid tier is something that is a thing from bloody TBC already. WoTLK simply streamlined the thing.

That's why I don't understand this shit, it's as if some people are good ten years late with their bull about how this is an issue.
    So happy to have someone make some sense. A mythic raider will have better gear and ilvl than 90% of the wow population, just like always. Maybe the gap will be smaller, but that is due to m+ being added as another form of character gear progression.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Preach needed some more money? Time to make another shitpost video!
    Preach's channel is 100% demonetized, so there you go with your strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    I wasn't talking about getting your BiS. I was talking about replacing your Uldir gear. And even before this, you weren't hitting BiS in mythic within 2 months. I'm guessing you got 80% of what you needed a month ago anyway through M+ chests and the first 4 bosses of mythic.
    And why is that such an issue? Basically I understand your problem is that people get new gear with new raid tier then? Sorry, that's how works all the way from WoTLK. Heck TBC even, but I go easy on you.

You could say then, OK, so let's give less gear to players Or make new raid come once in 8 months. Wonder what would happen if either would become a thing - that would be like at least 10 more preach videos right there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-14 at 09:25 PM.

And why is that such an issue? Basically I understand your problem is that people get new gear with new raid tier then? Sorry, that's how works all the way from WoTLK. Heck TBC even, but I go easy on you.
    Are you purposely being retarded? Keep "going easy on me" when you clearly can't read my post.

Infracted: It's OK to disagree. It's not OK to call people retarded. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-03-14 at 09:28 PM.

There are smarter people than him.
    Considering your inability to refute the points in the op outside of attacking a youtuber, I'd have to assume you're not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Its both fun and horrifying to watch this thread. Half the posts are "Preach just preaches bullshit and spouts nonsense for clicks." Interesting facts:
    -He's completely demonitized on youtube and crowdfunds his work so he has no reason to clickbait
    -Always asks for everyone elses opinions and re-evaluates his if the crowd tells him he's way off base
    -tells everyone that their stance isnt wrong for them, and he doesnt know their individual circumstances, but that he's making his stance by going off the data he's collected from the position he's in as a top level player and community figure who gets spoken to regularly.
    -openly acknowledges the good and bad about the game and the ideas behind it.

All this is doing is proving how petty the people on these forums are. Popular man who is better at the game and who has a bigger voice than you is not really a direct threat to you, little forum trolls. He actually produces wonderfully balanced content and I thought his past few game mechanics videos have been great, personally this was maybe the weakest of them only because its a collection of what's already been said in his other videos, just in more direct and concise format on this topic.
    Preach is that you?

Deeply saddened by the number of blind Preach haters and BfA supporters in this thread. I guess it makes sense because all of the people who agree with his philosophy on WoW have already quit the game and no longer browse this site.

How anyone can argue that player progression isn’t completely broken at max level is beyond me. Chasing BiS has been replaced by grinding Azerite. As many many others have said, I can’t name a single piece of gear my character is currently wearing and it’s a HUGE problem. He brings up a really good point: why would a heroic raider continue to farm Dazaralor after killing Jaina once? His heroic gear will be replaced in 3 months by normal mode Azshara gear.

Another great point which Preach didn’t address in this video (but has in the past): Titanforging also killed the DPS rankings scene which used to be a fun part of farm.