Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I mean, isn't this the same stuff? It's hard to make it exciting every time, especially since half of posts here are "dat guy sucks" and most of the other is "no, you suck". Two very first posts (after OP) are the perfect example.

Also, I don't think he makes a living out of that - especially unedited version, which (even if it was monetized) is far too long to do purely for profit.
    well i assume its just stream highlights ? kinda hard to belive he would actively spend multiple hours reading full version and then editing it .

if he did it ? kudos to him but effect is dissapointing because lets be honest nobody who is here in this thread will change his mind and its way to boring imo for non-mmochamp-dwellers to listen to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @Embriel

Preach made an entire video about your thread on MMO-Champion.
    I hope you have a wonderful day
    Yeah I saw that. I'm really sad that he had to sit through 11 pages of it and come up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why ? WQ are fun easy fast activity

not everyone has sufficient ocd to run thoudands of mythic + and islands to be both gear and ap capped.

i for example gonna do today tortolan quests on 10 alts on horde for chance of nice 385 rings/trinkets on some unlucky toons they will hopefully replace 355 ones.

the amount of people flooding all zones and doin WQ proves that people like this type of content.
    I guess I don't play alts so that's probably a big thing. Doing rounds of WQ's on 10 alts sounds nauseating lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I guess I don't play alts so that's probably a big thing. Doing rounds of WQ's on 10 alts sounds nauseating lol.
    10 at the same time ? sure

but in case of tortolan its 2-3 minutes on flghtpath where you can watch a movie and then 30 seconds of doin quest. so 2-3 alts at a time over 3 days - easy fast gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on him for responding at least and not being dismissive to the points made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @Embriel

Preach made an entire video about your thread on MMO-Champion.
    I hope you have a wonderful day
    Yep hahahaha, it just goes to show how much he loves us here bro

<3 @Preachgaming

well i assume its just stream highlights ? kinda hard to belive he would actively spend multiple hours reading full version and then editing it .

if he did it ? kudos to him but effect is dissapointing because lets be honest nobody who is here in this thread will change his mind and its way to boring imo for non-mmochamp-dwellers to listen to this.
    didn't watch the video, proceeds to bash preach based on his assumptions. brilliant. what's the point? you don't even get karma points

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Good on him for responding at least and not being dismissive to the points made.
    Preach is an actual adult, unlike some other ppl who have posted a lot in this thread, no names....
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    you know that business is going south when Preach is starting to copy Asmongolds "reaction " videos/streams -_-

- - - Updated - - -

you can't blame him for trying to make a living easpecially if we provide him with "content"

but i must admit this one was boring one - previous "Forum man" was at least funny - this is quite honestly boring even though it is supposed to be "edited" version .
    He hasn't made ANY money off of his videos since FOREVER ago, he literally makes videos for the community, THAT'S IT FAM (See his/a ton of youtubes demonetization) - assmongold doesn't even make youtube videos anymore because he can't CA$H in on it anymore, assmongold will only do something that makes him money

I think the effort isn't to change minds, but provide different viewpoints that can be looked at to modify perception. Coming at someone with 'buhhhh ur a whiny elitist pissbaby, cry more elitist' isn't a viewpoint, it's something to point at and wonder how they got to that point.

As a casual player, I haaaaate the current gear model; the game gives me absolutely no incentive to try and get better at what I'm doing, and with any request to do anything more then what I'm currently doing getting derision and scorn for wanting to 'be elitist', I've found my own want to try and improve eroding away. Why bother? The game's going to reward me for logging in anyways. I just wish there was more to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are smarter people than him. You should not listen any idiot that is on you tube. His name fits his story - Preaching nostalgic bullshit that no one wants except nostalgic players. Luckily, not everyone is nostalgic.
    Calls Preach an idiot and then proceeds to commit an abortion of the English language. Typical these days. But you Engrish Gud!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    He was very saddened because nobody was trying to counter his points. He actually wanted someone to challenge him, because he's interested in the topic.

The whole thread amounted to people:

Talking about tangential topics like Classic.
    Talking about Mythic raider superiority, which was not the point of his video.
    Talking about his Youtube video money, which are demonetized.
    Confusing him or his beliefs with others', because they didn't watch the video.
    Calling him fat.

He read through 11 pages and couldn't find anyone addressing his points. The closest anyone came was just saying "Well, I like the game.", which is not debate-worthy or insightful. Some people even said things like "I'm not here to debate facts with you idiots.", which is also not insightful or helpful to the topic.

I can't personally argue against his video, because I agree, which is why I didn't even post in this thread before now. It's just sad to see all the ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Calls Preach an idiot and then proceeds to commit an abortion of the English language. Typical these days. But you Engrish Gud!
    imagine having nothing better to argue than mastery of a language. typical these days. but your point added to the discussion!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    He read through 11 pages and couldn't find anyone addressing his points. The closest anyone came was just saying "Well, I like the game.", which is not debate-worthy or insightful. Some people even said things like "I'm not here to debate facts with you idiots.", which is also not insightful or helpful to the topic.
    Actually, the closest he got was someone claiming they already refuted his points earlier, so they "won't go into details again" or something. A classic "this is too obvious to explain, I won't be wasting my precious time" (even though they probably made another 20 posts later on) dodge.

Well, unless this brilliant rebutal was hidden in one of Vanilla posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The problem with raiding is that some people think that exclusivity makes people want to improve and do better, but as per Blizzards own response, that is just not the case. You throw a brick wall in front of the average person trying to have fun and what do they do? They leave and go do something without it. I think WoW always needs the hard raiding difficulty, but at the same time it is an incredibly small amount of people, balancing a game for that is a terrible idea.

Not a big fan of preach anyways. I find he criticizes, but then looks to the past. With Bellular i find he does the same, but looks to the future (and more current game industry ideas).
    Creating exclusive rewards from mythic raiding doesnt hurt anyone except entilted 40y old dudes with 12y old mind what have 6 kids and feeling he should have everthing in the game no matter of time and effort.

Atleast Blizzard could remove mythic items, mounts,etc.. from the game when content is absolote so it keeps its value. But whats the point of giving mythic only mount when i can solo farm hom next expanaion.

Do you know what is most badass lokking gear with actual valu? It is mop challenge mod set + mage tower weapon skins. Do you know why? Becouse you can no longer get thos items like ever. Mythic need exclusivity. Extra mythic boss, unique set for completing mythic, unique spell animations or w/e.

If he doesn't get any monitization on YT then why are ads running on his content?

The only problem I have with gear is that I can easily outgear heroic raids via M+ and other sources, whereas heroic raids are harder than any of them. My ilevel is 407 and I am 5/9 heroic Dazar, there are no upgrades in the raid for me (and most of our group) which takes away from the satisfaction of killing bosses. I am not looking forward to the drops, I just want to get the curve. To upgrade I need to spam Mythic and our group is too casual for that.

I want the bosses that are harder to drop better stuff than easier content.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I like having to beat A to get to B, B to C, etc. You know, like proper RPG's.
    That is not an RPG. You can still have progression from A to B to C in BFA.

Old Wow had a great gear ladder to climb, but current wow feels like diablo 3 the MMO edition. Gear means nothing, and even when you get upgrades its legit just an ugpraded version of the same item you've been wearing since August of last year. That is boring AF game design, IMO.
    There is a gear ladder. You still get upgrades. Unless Blizzard patched it so that the previous raid tier drops have been upgraded.

When you play an RPG, you're supposed to get stronger as you go not weaker as you level up and going from Legion to BFA definitely gave me a feeling of losing a TON of power. Even with the stat squish, my veng DH in legion could take an ENTIRE RAID of players from BFA without breaking a sweat.
    You do remember people were complaining about the gear switch at the start of the expansion? Blizzard made a change such that highest tier gear from previous expansion were not invalidated immediately.

And yes, exclusivity IS what makes people motivated in an MMORPG. If everyone has everything, then no one is special. Period.
    You are speaking for yourself. Not everyone plays to be feel special.

It's the same reason you work to have a nice house and car IRL.
    How much are you paying for WoW? How much are others paying for WoW? Are you paying more?

EDIT: To give you a point about exclusivity, do you know what my most complimented items in WoW are? My spectral tiger, and my Murky pet. If EVERYONE had them, no one would give a crap about them. They are 'special' because they do stand out, which is harder and harder to do in today's WOW
    So essentially, you are playing for adulation?

Shit, I should've commented to appear in the YT video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    If he doesn't get any monitization on YT then why are ads running on his content?
    How can you see ads? Are you the one last remaining guy who hasnt got an adblocker yet? What are you doing with your life? Like 7 Billion people laugh at you.