Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
... LastLast
  1. #741
    High Overlord Mightytasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    190
    This thread’s still alive? Y’all must have a serious hate boner for Preach. It’s not healthy, man.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    I have paid pretty close attention to Preach since returning to the game and would have to disagree with your description. I think too many people have a tendency to allow hyperbole and outrage to turn the volume up on any rhetoric used to describe the game, good or bad. He does offer criticism of the game and he also talks about aspects he enjoys. He also talks respectfully of aspects he understands that other's enjoy that are not his cup of tea.

    I tend to be more critical about things I really enjoy because I really enjoy them and want them to be their best.

    I can't say for certain, but I would guess that Preach feels similarly, based on what I have seen, and if the game ceased to be any fun whatsoever--he would leave. One of the things that concerns him is when people he enjoys playing with leave the game since he enjoys playing with friends--thus criticizing with the hope things will get better and become a better social experience as well as game experience.

    YMMV
    I can make this very short, just check his positive to negative ratio as far valueing the current state (insert whatever state) of WoW is. Spoiler alert, most of his videos are overly long essays on how he thinks WoW could be better. What he thinks would make Wow better isn't necessarily what I would agree with or whoever. But he feels he's the authority to make that judgement. And if that weren't bad enough he's asked to comment on the world first race by Method, commenting basically on a game he mostly doesn't like. He's such a sellout. I really dislike the guy, to put it mildly.

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I can make this very short, just check his positive to negative ratio as far valueing the current state (insert whatever state) of WoW is. Spoiler alert, most of his videos are overly long essays on how he thinks WoW could be better. What he thinks would make Wow better isn't necessarily what I would agree with or whoever. But he feels he's the authority to make that judgement. And if that weren't bad enough he's asked to comment on the world first race by Method, commenting basically on a game he mostly doesn't like. He's such a sellout. I really dislike the guy, to put it mildly.
    Fair enough, I am not trying to get anyone to like or dislike the guy. I don't consider his critiques to be "shitting" on the game, I consider them fair and not hyperbolic. By and large, for my time, he seems to enjoy some aspects of the game. His authority to speak on the game comes from his play time and those of us that click on his videos to hear his take.

    Based on the advise that many have given on this very thread, it seems that if they didn't want Preach to get any more traction they would do the equivalent of "unsubbing" and stop commenting. The only thing left in this soon to be 40-page thread would be either people who see merit in discussing the video or sycophants.
    Last edited by PapaV; 2019-03-19 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo correction

  4. #744
    So this thread
    50% attacks on preach because...idk
    45% claiming it's mythic raiders wanting to be special snowflakes
    4% saying they unsubbed and the game is Dead
    1% discussing video

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    Fair enough, I am not trying to get anyone to like or dislike the guy. I don't consider his critiques to be "shitting" on the game, I consider them fair and not hyperbolic. By and large, for my time, he seems to enjoy some aspects of the game. His authority to speak on the game comes from his play time and those of us that click on his videos to hear his take.

    Based on the advise that many have given on this very thread, it seems that if they didn't want Preach to get any more traction they would do the equivalent of "unsubbing" and stop commenting. The only thing left in this soon to be 40-page thread would be either people who see merit in discussing the video or sycophants.
    Blizzard has killed gearing and now you have players saying any who dare say it's bad is a terrible elitist.... for some reason

    The invisible checkbox for your toons ilvl
    The fact weapons are separated in that check box based on type of weapon
    The fact that master loot was removed because of a problem that for the most part was fixed in legion and the"trials not getting loot" stories were shown to be lies
    Azerite gear being shit
    The fact a 330 ring is better than a 385 ring
    The fact my alt who hasn't stepped foot in any non lfg content now has 386ilvl

    All of this is the gear problems I see and it hurts new players

    Let's say my mage was my main and I'm a new player
    I wouldn't get upgrades outside of like a +7 but in order for me to get a group I need to do one of two things.
    1. Run a mythic 0 that offers no upgrades and then run the key up to the +7 with likely multiple groups which takes time which is a big complaint amongst the vocal player base when talking about raider io
    2. Go into the lists and look for a dungeon and hope I get chosen despite no score

    Let's say 2 works
    I get into the group and since I have no previous experience in the dungeons...I die...a lot
    If I don't get kicked we may not hit the timer
    That means the player who owns the key is punished for judging by ilvl and I'm punished because I went into content the game said was appropriate for me.

    How do you stop from taking a chance burning a key?? Raider io is born

    Why?? Because blizzard had a broken gear system

    Jintara on aerie peak US

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    What he thinks would make Wow better isn't necessarily what I would agree with or whoever. But he feels he's the authority to make that judgement.
    Doesn't this apply to, I don't know, pretty much everyone who has written a single comment in this thread? That would mean you would hate every single person in this thread, and probably a lot more people who have yet to comment. Or no, I guess your hatred actually stems from him NOT being just one voice in the crowd on a fanboy forum that you can just ignore. It's because he puts a lot of effort into making his voice heard and because people willingly give their money to support it that you dislike him.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Blizzard has killed gearing and now you have players saying any who dare say it's bad is a terrible elitist.... for some reason
    Yes damn those elitist casuals! Trying to take gear away from the casual casuals

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What you have described now certainly sounds like progression there. You aren't going to be pugging M+10 and Heroic raids from the moment you ding, you do need to get some gear and clout there to pass the initial checks, so yeah you do LFR, Normal, M+(x<10).
    you're also not going to be pugging M+10+ unless you get your raider.io up ((or use shortcuts), you're not going to be pugging heroic unless you get your curve, you're not going to be pugging mythic beyond the first 2 bosses give or take if you are really lucky with your group. and everything else is, free the moment you ding.
    You can get a minimum gear for everything you could possibly pug within a weekend, that imo is a broken system.

  8. #748
    Brewmaster Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    What tier? Secondly, the gear is replaced nearly the first week of new raid in BFA.

    Also, mounts and pets are no longer worthwhile rewards to justify the time jump and effort from heroic to mythic.

    Give real incentives such as.... A wing of the raid that only shows up in Mythic. Certain items only dropping on certain difficulties (higher you go, the more loot table opens up), or the only legendary in the expac dropping off mythic jaina, etc. Real, tangible rewards that have meaning and won't be replaced 3 months from now.

    Mounts aren't really worthwhile rewards anymore (unless they added affects to them like dragons having aoe breath) because we have HUNDREDS of them. The pool is so deluded that i honestly haven't even rode the last 20 mounts i earned in game. They don't mean much anymore compared to back in the day. To make matters worse, the best mounts of the expac are all store bought so... there's that.
    A whole raid wing for Mythic? Problem is very few would see it, sure sounds good to you, but if it covers important story then it ruins the experience for everyone else. Remember Cho'gall in WoD? Sure was fun having him disappear and never having closure, unless you were mythic of course. Mounts don't mean much, not because of rarity, but because there are hundreds of them these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    They gotta keep it for 1 patch. New raid tier always makes previous ones completly absolote to the point you can easly pug it. Ans yes even with 1% mount drop it is nowhere near being rare mount. Exclusive rewards doesnt hurt anyone. If you feel entilted to rewards just becouse you pai sub it is your problem not game. I really dont see any reslason why you should get rewards in absolote content when you clearly dont deserve them.
    Exclusive rewards cost resources. For example a unique gear set costs another set that everyone could have. Fact is an incredibly small amount of people doing Mythic, and leaving the rewards only for them means everyone else gets a boring, quickly ended experience.

  9. #749
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I think it's very funny that i have all my toons at ilvl390s without steping into instances lol feels good man!being badass ftw!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Lies i gotten 10 mage tower skins before it went away good players still around.
    I got every mage tower skin except for the healing ones primarily because I did the resto sham one and wanted to claw my eyes out with boredom. Doesn't mean I know the classes inside and out just means in many cases I outgeared them. Had nothing to do with being good after the first few.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Catchups have to be fast. That's their only requirement.

    If you go back to WoD, recruitment was an abhorrent nightmare. You had the majority of guilds being your catchup farms. They spent several weeks gearing up players, just to have geared players poached the guilds at top which are actually progressing. In the past you started at the bottom and had to work your way up, but such an approach only works if you have a steady stream of new players entering at the button. WoW doesn't have that.

    You also can't have a gear progression that takes several weeks to a few months in a world where a raid tier only last 5-6 months. Even back in BC, going back to Black Temple to gear up new players for Sunwell wasn't a fun task.

    What people in this thread, and also Preach, should be asking is why do we have the system we have now? What problems did the previous system have?
    For whom was the previous system actually a problem?
    Don't claim to have raided bc when you obviously didn't. A fast BT clear was a fun break and we didn't just do it for gearing up new apps or even alts we did it for glaives.

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Actually the Youtubers provide solid viewpoints and perspectives of the game... their popularity is partially due to the numbe rof people who are looking to validate their own opinions.

    WoW isn't shit because Preach says so... WoW is shit because it is... and Preach simply shares that opinion... which draws in 363,000 subscribers who also think WoW is shit.

    There are plenty who do not agree with it and still play WoW... Doesn't make either "side" unintelligent... it just means some people have a very low expectation of an MMORPG these days.
    How do you know that they agree with Preach that WoW is shit? Or that he even thinks that it does over all? I am subscribed to Preach not because i think WoW is shit, but more because i usually like his "Drama Fridays" where he reads "player stories" from raiding and guild adventures of Wow players. And yes i agree with some of his complaints but he sure as fuck isnt "right" about anything.

  11. #751
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I got insulted for saying I didn't earn 400ilvl on my monk, doing like, 2 +10s and 1 7 boss clear of BoD.
    Yup it's nuts my last character was heroic ilvl within a week without even relying on friends to carry me that's stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i do agree with a lot of what you written

    i disagree that its the system what is killing guilds

    what is killing guilds in reality is real life .

    and people choosing to pursue real goals in real life instead fake ones in games.

    all you need in reality to kill any guild is theat key 3-4 people quit and whole guild implodes.

    its unrealistic expectation to desire for the same group of friends to do activity X on set schedule for years. it doesnt happen irl and its unachivable in games.

    yes a lot of people will raid for months - but eventually they will quit .

    very few people will raid for few years - but even they will eventually burn out and quit.

    next to nobody is raiding non stop for 3+ years. it takes special kind of people - for example social outcasts , lonely people with no friends or some other special traits but no normal funtioning member of society will play the same same on high level on set schedule for years. its just not normal behaviour.

    ye ye ye i know everybody on mmochamp who raids has wife kids high payed jobs and 3 cars and 12 inch cock - ofc you have - its internet we are all handome clones of ryan reynolds here duh .

    only reality is a bit different. and this is something that most people are to scared to admit.

    that the reason why they defend the "special place" for mythic raiding is because they have nothing else outside of it.

    It is real life but it's for a different reason than you think. Blizzard has insisted on implementing uncapped grinds and encouraging alting by refusing to implement an account wide loot lockout the first few weeks of a tier. This has led to massive burnout you even see players like Max who streams for a living straight up saying the game sucks now. The whole idea of raid logging is basically dead if you want to play in a decent guild which has drastically decreased the viable raiding population.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Me as a casual player like being able to get decent gear while playing at a pace, not being forced into having to spend hours of homework to find a good guild that is 100% linked to my needs or end up pugging with what is list of pug groups where 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999% would likely fail at putting their shoes on right.

    If that means I somehow get full mythic rated gear through titanforge who cares. It affects no one but me.
    Why do you need "good gear" if you aren't raiding?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Forget it, apparently some random Billy getting a decent item once in a blue moon is destroying WoW as we know it.

    I think this whole thing would maybe have a merit from Heroic raider standpoint, where you can easily get directly competing gear from alternative sources, but I just think that Heroic raiding is simply not any more challenging than M+10 anyway and it's the only unlimited source of heroic ilvl gear outside PvP.

    Mythic raiders on the other hand have little to worry about, especially because of weapons being hard capped at +10WF and raid Azerite usually being best and capped at 400 for other sources aside from gamble one. So by definition in BfA best gear comes from Mythic raids, simply because nothing else drops comparable ilvl for key gear pieces anyway.

    Honestly I would not give a damn if Blizz would hard cap WF/TF to 15 or even 10 ilvls max, just as I don't really give a damn for random Joe getting a sweet TF roll on some random item. So if that is what it takes to stop all this bleating, by all means do it, but realistically it won't happen because much more people benefit from the system as opposed to being "harmed" by it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Alternatively for all those who want to feel extra "speshul" they could increase gap between Heroic and Mythic ilvl to 25. That would do it too. Whether it's actually needed? Meehhh? Don't think so really.
    Yeah definitely has nothing to do with wow feeling like d3 with seasons and a slot machine nope nothing at all /s

  12. #752
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    How do you know that they agree with Preach that WoW is shit? Or that he even thinks that it does over all? I am subscribed to Preach not because i think WoW is shit, but more because i usually like his "Drama Fridays" where he reads "player stories" from raiding and guild adventures of Wow players. And yes i agree with some of his complaints but he sure as fuck isnt "right" about anything.
    Cool thing about Youtube... them there comments below the videos allow people to agree or disagree. You should read them sometimes. As one might imagine, more people agree than disagree. Because you generally follow people you like/agree with.

    Apparently your mileage varied.

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    you're also not going to be pugging M+10+ unless you get your raider.io up ((or use shortcuts), you're not going to be pugging heroic unless you get your curve, you're not going to be pugging mythic beyond the first 2 bosses give or take if you are really lucky with your group. and everything else is, free the moment you ding.
    You can get a minimum gear for everything you could possibly pug within a weekend, that imo is a broken system.
    That is completely fine, you can get the necessary raider.io to do M+10 reasonably by doing a bit less than that M+, groups for which are much less picky. Same with Heroic, eventually you will find your way through, which is the whole point of progression.

    You need to build some clout and I find it to be fine really.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yeah definitely has nothing to do with wow feeling like d3 with seasons and a slot machine nope nothing at all /s
    Gear being obsoleted by new raid tier is a thing from late TBC, so again I am not sure how you and some others suddenly make such a big issue out of it. Same with TF boogeyman, which really REALLY is not a thing in BfA to any sort of significant extent.

    Heck, Legion which is now hailed as one of the best WoW expansions had all that, why is it suddenly such an issue in BfA? I think the problem is elsewhere because what you said was WoW for more than 10 years and TF is really not a factor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Cool thing about Youtube... them there comments below the videos allow people to agree or disagree. You should read them sometimes. As one might imagine, more people agree than disagree. Because you generally follow people you like/agree with.

    Apparently your mileage varied.
    That's pretty much spoiled statistics there and you know it. These things are like a Church, most people sitting in it agree with preacher and those who don't either shut up or do not even come there.

    It's no coincidence Preach is "Preach" - it is literally same thing, he has his congregation that knows what they are coming for and he gives them just that. I would not be surprised if that's the thing he thought of when he took that handle name.

  14. #754
    Herald of the Titans Daffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Computer Chair
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Lol what? Wow is failing because it reset every 3 to 6 months it gives basically zero long term benefits gear used to not reset when the game was at it's height.
    Exactly. This guy is talking rubbish about micro transactions.

    Who's gonna buy $120 of MTX just to get gear or boosts when it becomes irrelevant in 2 months?
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

  15. #755
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    All of this is the gear problems I see and it hurts new players
    Your assumption here is that WoW is getting new players... What we have now is a more likely a consequence of WoW not getting new players.

    Don't claim to have raided bc when you obviously didn't. A fast BT clear was a fun break and we didn't just do it for gearing up new apps or even alts we did it for glaives.
    At least my Sunwell clear achievement is on the 3.0 pre patch date... So try again?
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2019-03-20 at 02:13 PM.

  16. #756
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That is completely fine, you can get the necessary raider.io to do M+10 reasonably by doing a bit less than that M+, groups for which are much less picky. Same with Heroic, eventually you will find your way through, which is the whole point of progression.

    You need to build some clout and I find it to be fine really.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Gear being obsoleted by new raid tier is a thing from late TBC, so again I am not sure how you and some others suddenly make such a big issue out of it. Same with TF boogeyman, which really REALLY is not a thing in BfA to any sort of significant extent.

    Heck, Legion which is now hailed as one of the best WoW expansions had all that, why is it suddenly such an issue in BfA? I think the problem is elsewhere because what you said was WoW for more than 10 years and TF is really not a factor.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's pretty much spoiled statistics there and you know it. These things are like a Church, most people sitting in it agree with preacher and those who don't either shut up or do not even come there.

    It's no coincidence Preach is "Preach" - it is literally same thing, he has his congregation that knows what they are coming for and he gives them just that. I would not be surprised if that's the thing he thought of when he took that handle name.
    Gear having upgrades in new raids is very different from catchup mechanics like in new wow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Your assumption here is that WoW is getting new players... What we have now is a more likely a consequence of WoW not getting new players.

    Don't make claims if your guild in BC was too bad to just recruit all the glaives it needed.
    Why would I want to recruit glaive players when I already had better players who didn't have glaives? Recruiting glaive players was a last resort.

  17. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's pretty much spoiled statistics there and you know it. These things are like a Church, most people sitting in it agree with preacher and those who don't either shut up or do not even come there.
    Even when presented with real, verifiable data, you dismiss it. It' you that doesn't want to have a discussion.. but simply want to "Preach" your beliefs. See what I did there? ")

  18. #758
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Exactly. This guy is talking rubbish about micro transactions.

    Who's gonna buy $120 of MTX just to get gear or boosts when it becomes irrelevant in 2 months?
    The same people that bet on eSports, or buy excessive amounts of "gems" in f2p games, they are called whales and gamblers. They have no longterm "efficiency" for their investment, just the quick adrenaline rush when gambling or buying something and have instant satisfaction. Blizz can feast on whales with their system, previously an audience they couldn't access really.

  19. #759
    I didn't post in this thread because i dont see the gearing system as a problem...at all.
    Therefore i didnt see a reason to post here.

    Once someone gets the gear they want they either stop playing or decide to "flex" in random groups on damage meters.
    Obtaining gear was since classic a reason to flex your power to others.

    Gear scaling is a thing now in PvP so you can no longer flex there.
    Thats the only difference

    I dont see the problem...

    Even if gearing was more fun...in the end it wouldnt fix any major thing in the game.

    Same thing for titanforging.
    People talk about that a lot.
    Who cares?
    Removing titanforging would NOT acomplish anything relevant to the game.

    I just dont see the point in this discussions.

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I didn't post in this thread because i dont see the gearing system as a problem...at all.
    Therefore i didnt see a reason to post here.

    Once someone gets the gear they want they either stop playing or decide to "flex" in random groups on damage meters.
    Obtaining gear was since classic a reason to flex your power to others.

    Gear scaling is a thing now in PvP so you can no longer flex there.
    Thats the only difference

    I dont see the problem...

    Even if gearing was more fun...in the end it wouldnt fix any major thing in the game.

    Same thing for titanforging.
    People talk about that a lot.
    Who cares?
    Removing titanforging would NOT acomplish anything relevant to the game.

    I just dont see the point in this discussions.
    People think the problems with the game stem from RNG and gear. That is only the icing on the cake - the problem is a lack of engaging content. Blizz needs to focus on introducing fun systems outside of just raiding, then focus on the rewards. Too many people on this forum think the game would be "fixed" if titanforging was removed and class design was reverted to MoP, but the problems go much deeper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •