Rise of Shadows Announcement

So the new expansion (the first in the Year of the Dragon) is called "Rise of Shadows": https://youtu.be/WUdGUBDR_9k

I know people fall easily for hype, buying first and complaining later, but my gripe is... if it's "new", why does it look like old expansion themes (Whispers, Witchwood and Boomsday) mushed together? As for all the single player content being included and purchasable... the story is just a filler version of WoW, so why bother? The good guys are gonna win.

But yes, I understand that people will get hyped by things like these and then complain after they've played the game.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Neat! Those new mechanics look good. Twinspell is like a slower, more potent version of Echo. I like it quite a bit.

Didn't realize the Whispers fortune teller was a villian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    She's an Old Gods cultist in disguise.

I actually like that they're revisiting old mechanics, coming up with new ones just got the sake of new mechanics is eh.

I don't give a fuck about Hearthstone as a game, but the motion comic trailer this time around kind of sucked. Although, it has to compete with the Rastakhan's Rumble trailer, so it was only predestined to suck in comparison I guess.

Haven’t played hearthstone in awhile, might redownload it again. It was always fun to mess around with. I need a phone game to entertain me until diablo immortal comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Haven’t played hearthstone in awhile, might redownload it again. It was always fun to mess around with. I need a phone game to entertain me until diablo immortal comes out.
    Assuming you have a phone.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I love how they brought Rafaam and King Togwaggle back

I hope they are still doing a free hero for year of the dragon and not just locking new heroes behind $80 pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If you re-watch the Whispers of the Old Gods trailer again pay attention at the end and you'll watch brief flash where she all tenacled out with Old God juice

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    His announcement trailer was really painful, first one that didn’t make me want to give hearthstone another spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    His announcement trailer was really painful, first one that didn’t make me want to give hearthstone another spin.
    He lacks the charisma of Brode, but then again, so does everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    He lacks the charisma of Brode, but then again, so does everyone else.
    Brode was just a loud cringefest, never understood why people like him.

I loved the concept of the PBS style "Masterpiece Theatre" but the guy sitting in the chair reading a teleprompter to the side of the camera instead of ON the camera was really annoying, as well as his bad narration / reading skills.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The themes have been getting increasingly weak since Old Gods.

Like what's the matter? Are they creatively bankrupt for an IP with hundreds of mixed and mashed colourful themes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    The themes have been getting increasingly weak since Old Gods.

Like what's the matter? Are they creatively bankrupt for an IP with hundreds of mixed and mashed colourful themes?
    I'm honestly not sure why they're reaching for this one. They could've done something just with Dalaran and Violet Hold. Or hell, what if all of the villains were inside Violet Hold and they're trying to break out, along with some other lore characters from the story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Brode was just a loud cringefest, never understood why people like him.
    You can't really blame Brode it was his job and I admire how he stuck it for so long, he was targeting the game at six year olds while everyone else was taking it seriously.

What made me cringe was the idea of turning a children's card game into a sports event with loud reverberating commentary from a panel of grown men and women in posh suits. I guess we're used to it now.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2019-03-16 at 08:34 AM.

Twinspell looks like a good mechanic. Lackeys seem so RNG'ish to me that might just compeltely turn the game early on. Not sure what I feel about Schemes.

I hope they do this gang thing better than they did in Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.