Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have mixed feelings about the raid.

From personal side the fights have really boring moments and really fun moments the first few times..Like Opulence and gems is fun, but the mini bosses is ZzzZZzZZ, Mekkatorque is fun and generally maybe apart from the first boss the rest all have their fun moments and their "oh shit i have to play" moments but..

From a casual HC guild raid leader of few good players and a few half-decent ones, BoD is a nightmare because 100% personal mechanics to people that raid last few years with babysitting everything for them its A NIGHTMARE.

Their mentality with some bosses lately of 100% personal and communication mechanics is not liked at all.

You cant ask someone you raided with the last 5 years mute to suddenly start speaking..Or the person that cant because gf went to bed etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-03-15 at 02:35 AM.

The fights suck for Melee. The only fight that is melee friendly is Opulence and (to an extent) Stormwall.

Also, the place feel shallow, lore-wise compared to other more memorable raids. Antorus, whilst not my favourite raid, was full of lore goodies on a grand scale. Nighthold, felt like a great conclusion to the Suramar story and was a far better execution in story delivery than this terrible war campaign.

It's a filler raid for a filler expansion.
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-03-15 at 02:45 AM.

Also dudes ability is called “apetagonize” really that doesn’t fit. Trying too hard to be edgy/funny

I liked Uldir and I like BoD even more.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    If the first 8 bosses weren't so easy the raid would have been considered a lot better.
    My guild is currently progressing through heroic, we are at Mekkatorque and we didn't find any of the bosses too easy. It's a pretty nice progression curve overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    cant say im a fan of how buggy rastakhan has been since it launched
    Never seen any bugs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    0/10 for me.
    (...)
    Got to have the token vitriolic post.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No it's not. I am not a human and I didn't wear the Alliance pvp set. Plus please stop taking my racial ability off my bar even when we switch back. CAnt tell you how many times during a pull I forgot that my arcane torrent got taken off my bars on an earlier boss and mid pull I have to open my spellbook.
    You are being told what happpened, and you see the events from the eyes of the opposite faction. It's a pretty innovative and cool idea. Of course it's completely up to you whether you appreciate it or not. It doesn't mean there's something inherently wrong with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    BoD is very average, if not even below average for me.

Most mythic bosses are just heroic fights without any real changes....
    Mythic raids are content for the 0,0001% players. I'm not saying mythic mechanics are completely irrelevant, but they cannot be used to rate a raid, which comes in multiple difficulty settings and is a flagship feature of a patch. Tuning in mythic....same thing. If your guild is getting through mythic fast, then hats of to you, but it doesn't really matter when judging the raid itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    They really need to work on adding more unique voice lines to the bosses, if nothing else the final bosses. Hearing Jaina tell us 30x every 10 seconds “I hope you like the cold” just gets old and breaks any chance of immersion. Ain’t no real badass enemy gonna sit there and say the same shit over and over and over. Not to mention “this ends here!” Is said in like 15 different locations, quit moving the goalposts.
    I never paid attention to this, but I doubt that she repeats more lines than any other boss in the game. Blizz probably has some rules for that and they come up with multiple lines to be rotated evenly. Can't say I ever paid much attention to the "yell lines" of bosses though.

Ain’t no real badass enemy gonna sit there and say the same shit over and over and over.
    Suffer mortals, as your pathetic magic betraaaays you!

How many years it's been?

Tbh in the past I could do bosses without checking the boss mod, their yells were enough to tell which ability is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Mythic raids are content for the 0,0001% players. I'm not saying mythic mechanics are completely irrelevant, but they cannot be used to rate a raid, which comes in multiple difficulty settings and is a flagship feature of a patch. Tuning in mythic....same thing. If your guild is getting through mythic fast, then hats of to you, but it doesn't really matter when judging the raid itself.
    Not arguing that mythic is or should be the main focus, but the mythic experience in this one simply is atrocious.
    The overall balancing mess and the circumstance that there's barely any mythic-only mechanics gives the impression that they simply ran out of time after being done with heroic.
    While the raid might be rather enjoyable on heroic, the glaring issues surrounding mythic have heavily tarnished my perception of the raid as a whole - just like how Emerald Nightmare was somewhat fine in it's heroic version but rather subpar on mythic, leading to nobody ever speaking good of that place.

BoD just feels better because Uldir was so boring.

8/9 bosses far too easy. A completely forgettable end boss. No memorable tier sets because haHAA azerite. No memorable trinkets.

I'd rate the raid 3/10 at best. Entirely forgettable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Bfa might be bad but bod is one of the best raids I have played during the late expansions. Honestly, I don't remember when was the last time I liked a raid in WoW. The good thing about bod is that it feels real, It's no longer that split room nonsense. There are very few split room raids that were good in WoW like ulduar, icc, antorus or brf but that's because the concept or the fights were great.

Bod is definitely an improvement over Uldir who was really boring and didn't make any sense. It was the most monotonous raid ever. They could design a prison much better than this. The only interesting part of it was Ghuun mostly for the feels (very nice design).

For what it's worth, bod made me feel like I play for the story. I really wanted to see what happens.
    I don't see the hype..

- The only really interesting fight is Mekkatorque..
    - Walls after first boss, doesn't despawn until 1-2 minutes after boss is dead; clearly an oversight that you need to wait for all to see cinematic for nth time.
    - Too big trash packs and too many of them, with too far between them.
    - The faction switching is a disaster.. When I go as Horde, I have no interest in being forced to kill off yet another faction leader; it's simply stupid!!
    - When I go as Alliance, even though I don't hate Jaina from the bottom of my heart, I don't want to kill her; oh well, we don't get to kill her even though she'd have comming nfor a decade..

No, BoD is not one of the best raids....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's alot better than Uldir, but "one of the best raids ever"? it's like saying that reworked 6.3 AMG engine is one of the best engines ever, just because the initial 6.3 they made was an actual pile of garbage

Best raid in BfA, that is about it. I can say I have never gotten tired of a raid as quickly as I have with BoD. Now I am sure some of that is carry over from Uldir just being a big pile of shit. The games story is pretty weak right now, gear is a mess and most specs are pretty stale being what they were in Legion or watered down versions of Legion. BoD was fun the first month maybe, but blah now. Some neat ideas on things, but there isn't any one fight that I enjoy or that really stands out. Most are far too repetitive. As both range and melee there are way more fights or big chunks of fights that you can just sit and turret. The idea of doing a few more weeks or months of mythic and heroic in there is depressing. I hate the idea of skipping out mid raid tier, but 2 to 3 months of that place will drive me to quit the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    A much larger portion of the people that raid do mythic in some form. In norm/heroic and to some degree mythic there are just so many non issue mechanics or easily dealt with issues in fights. I guess it is better than say ToS where 1 person could easily kill the raid over and over. Now even in the first 2 or 3 weeks pugs were zerging bosses in heroic skipping huge chunks of things, that isn't exactly compelling boss design when that is so easily done. If they would have tuned fights better maybe the raid wouldn't be such a dud.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They really need to work on adding more unique voice lines to the bosses, if nothing else the final bosses. Hearing Jaina tell us 30x every 10 seconds “I hope you like the cold” just gets old and breaks any chance of immersion. Ain’t no real badass enemy gonna sit there and say the same shit over and over and over. Not to mention “this ends here!” Is said in like 15 different locations, quit moving the goalposts.
    Those lines are mechanics lines. When Jaina says something, she's not "talking" to you, she's announcing a mechanic. You know, the ones people use DBM for and pretend they couldn't do if DBM wouldn't exist. When she says X line, you're supposed to know Y ability is coming. People are incapable of realizing that's the purpose of it as it is, you want variety for it, too?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the raid.

From personal side the fights have really boring moments and really fun moments the first few times..Like Opulence and gems is fun, but the mini bosses is ZzzZZzZZ, Mekkatorque is fun and generally maybe apart from the first boss the rest all have their fun moments and their "oh shit i have to play" moments but..

From a casual HC guild raid leader of few good players and a few half-decent ones, BoD is a nightmare because 100% personal mechanics to people that raid last few years with babysitting everything for them its A NIGHTMARE.

Their mentality with some bosses lately of 100% personal and communication mechanics is not liked at all.

You cant ask someone you raided with the last 5 years mute to suddenly start speaking..Or the person that cant because gf went to bed etc.
    I don't agree at all. If you commit to a HC Raidguild, communication and a certain skill-level should be basic. It's not the fault of the developers or the content itself that many guilds carry alot of players who aren't able to meet those expectations. Thats what LFR and NHC are made for.

And for people who really cannot communicate via voicechat, there are addon solutions. Despite the fact that we are talking about 1(!) single encounter in 1(!) single raid on only 2(!) difficulties. If someone will be handicaped on Mekka because he cannot communicate at all and addon solutions won't work for you, he should be benched for this fight, and he should understand and accept that.

To say it's blizzards fault to require a certain commitment for some encounters is stupid, and to say BOD is a nightmare because 100% personal mechanics is utterly bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    If someone will be handicaped on Mekka because he cannot communicate at all and addon solutions won't work for you, he should be benched for this fight, and he should understand and accept that.
    B... But... But he'll get his feelings hurt if he gets benched

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Those lines are mechanics lines. When Jaina says something, she's not "talking" to you, she's announcing a mechanic. You know, the ones people use DBM for and pretend they couldn't do if DBM wouldn't exist. When she says X line, you're supposed to know Y ability is coming. People are incapable of realizing that's the purpose of it as it is, you want variety for it, too?
    I would like to see a poll how many players have memorized lines from Yogg-Saron or the Lich King or even the really old fuckers, like Ragnaros and Nefarian from Vanilla....and how many have done the same thing with Jaina..or Rastakhan. I have played BoD every week since it released. And I'll be honest: I cannot tell ANY VO line from any of the raidbosses. The one thing i do remember (because it made me giggle) is Gallywix after the Mekka fight. But i DO remember the lines from the bosses i listed before.

While you are totally right that some VO is repeated because it announces mechanics...BoD DOES lack unique, memorable VO. Direly. And even the repeated VO was much more memorable in the past. Like i said in my first post: The encounters themselves are the total opposite of epic. They are bland, boring and unemotional...Rastakhan should have been the final boss. That could have worked, because he actually DIES and his exchange with Bwonsamdi is actually important....but because Blizz was too afraid to throw an Alliance-Only Bossfight at the Horde raiding scene as a final boss we got a totally forgetable finish against 2 Bosses that escape and 1 that consists of trash NPCs that did not even exist before the raid.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-03-15 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I would like to see a poll how many players have memorized lines from Yogg-Saron or the Lich King or even the really old fuckers, like Ragnaros and Nefarian from Vanilla....and how many have done the same thing with Jaina..or Rastakhan. I have played BoD every week since it released. And I'll be honest: I cannot tell ANY VO line from any of the raidbosses. The one thing i do remember (because it made me giggle) is Gallywix after the Mekka fight. But i DO remember the lines from the bosses i listed before.

While you are totally right that some VO is repeated because it announces mechanics...BoD DOES lack unique, memorable VO. Direly. And even the repeated VO was much more memorable in the past. Like i said in my first post: The encounters themselves are the total opposite of epic. They are bland, boring and unemotional...Rastakhan should have been the final boss. That could have worked, because he actually DIES and his exchange with Bwonsamdi is actually important....but because Blizz was too afraid to throw an Alliance-Only Bossfight at the Horde raiding scene as a final boss we got a totally forgetable finish against 2 Bosses that escape and 1 that consists of trash NPCs that did not even exist before the raid.
    And again, here is the perfect example for somebody who doesn't see the whole picture. It's not the encounters that get 'less epic and memorizable', it's the perception and expectant attitude of a big chunk of the playerbase that played the game for several years, grew older, raised expectations and got tired by always the same expansion pattern. You could give the game the biggest mo..erfu..er of all time as a villan, with epic voicelines and story, yet most people will find it underwhelming and not even close to the awesomeness you experienced back in vanilla, bc and wotlk, where stuff was new, interesting and you were easier to satisfy.

Also, it's a totally different feeling if a villain/evil is known way before WoW was born and you finally get to fight him, or if the villain is born/made evil within the running game.

And the game is more addon-driven, which makes Voicelines less relevant, but still interesting and important.

I'm pretty sure, most people who cry about the topic like you are people who rarely read any quest texts and have less interest in this anyway.

Can someone suggest a great raid for a noob like me? Would appreciate it)

Its better than uldir, but thats not hard since uldir was shit.

Bod is ok raid. Nothing more. Its not bad, but its not that good either.

It is alright.

First boss is just to easy. The second boss is an odd patchwork style fight really early. The third boss is pretty much cheese-able if you are able to to the patchwork fight before it. The fourth boss for some reason doesn't swap tanks or healers so its just a DPS centrist fight that then boils down to a debuff juggle patchwork. 5th boss it picks up bit. Boss 6 and 7 I consider mythic bosses as they should be. Boss 8 is hard as fuck and a good fight that I cannot wait to get to.

I find the switching between alliance and horde races a little tiresome. They should have just flavored them both as they were without the need to physically switch characters. Feels very jarring to me.

Most the mythic fights MOSTLY boil down to number slider with +1 add or mechanic changes (most of which are just mechanics that are in normal/heroic but can be totally ignored). Not all that interesting compared to normal/heroic which is often typical but most of the time you get a couple fights that really change it up.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-03-15 at 11:20 AM.

At first I thought it was an impressive raid, but that was because I was coming from Uldir. Now it's an alright raid with some boring bosses. Only 6/8 mythic but:

Champions - Terrible, utterly terrible
    The two guys - A nice mix of solo and group mechanics. The fight feels enganging up until the end where it suddenly peters out.
    Grong - I only like this fight because I prefer ST fights. Basically target dummy + interrupt some things.
    Opulence - The first phase can either be incredibly boring or very tricky (if you get unlucky with overlaps) The last phase is always a pain because we run out of room. My guild sucks, though.
    Conclave - Totally average, nothing to say.
    Rastakhan - When doing it on HC for the first time I thought it was a great fight as I was a melee down in the spirit realm dodging all the balls. On Mythic it's very under tuned and I'm in the alive realm. The first phase is incredibly boring. Who thought it'd be a good idea for hitting a dummy and swapping to last that long. Could have been much better.
    Mekka - A really good fight.
    Stormwall - Only done on HC. Not especially interesting.
    Jaina - Only done on HC. I'm not a fan of the way this fight plays out. The first phase is incredibly boring and I dislike the 2nd phase. It just doesn't speak to me.

6.5/10