Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Blockade had so many bugs the early killers skipped half the mechanics through "creative use of game mechanics", some of that was patched later, but the milk was already spilt, and they couldn't make the boss much harder as that would screw the guilds that didn't rush it and made it unfair for the early race (even past the first 2 guilds).

What I find the worst with tuning is you join an average heroic pug and it will probably disband at conclave, best case scenario at merkatorque. Then you have 1st mythic boss that is piss easy, even easier than taloc, so you have plenty of "mythic" raiders that did something like 1/9 mythic 5-6 heroic etc. Complete joke. Having early mythic bosses easier than late heroic bosses is a tuning disaster imo, but something that constantly happens, Uldir and Tomb of Sargeras were similar cases. There should be clear progression path - "we've finished heroic, now we're ready to step into mythic" and not "lolol mythic is so ez" because they put some loot pinata boss there, especially one that drops top ilvl weapon for 2h str and amazing healer trinket - these items should belong to loot tables of challenging bosses, not loot pinatas.

I do enjoy not having stupid "gatekeeper" bosses in the middle of mythic, like for example situation in HFC in WOD where you had Gorefiend being much harder than 2-3 bosses after him, the difficulty increase should be steadily up and not all over the place. I also enjoy the fact they didn't pile bazillion frustrating bosses one after another like in Tomb, where mistress, maiden, fallen avatar and ultimately KJ proved to be a guild killer, as half the raid bosses were annoying and frustrating in a raid tier that landed over the summer.

So yes, having early mythic bosses not gruesomely hard is a good idea, on the other hand it feels like the first boss is way too easy and several bosses like jadefire and blockade are way too "cheesable". Lack of quality testing and rush to release the patch shows again. Tbh same issue with Jaina, the "intended" way to do the boss is so bad nearly everyone uses Method's "cheese and rush" strat instead. Who the heck tests these encounters.
    So in summary, you're mad that casual players can get very good loot (doesn't affect you at all). I think you have underlying issues that you need to get help for, because you care too much about what other players are able to get
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Having horde face Grong before Jadefire Masters, and the alliance the opposite, was annoying.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nighthold was the same boring blue as the rest of Suramar.

The only positive thing about Nighthold, was that we got to kill elves..
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    What makes you like Nighthold?

For me, the colour scheme of raid made it very tiring and i had a hard time staying focused through the entire raid, since my eyes just kept watching blue on top of blue. The bosses were also not that interesting i think, aside from Gul'dan, Spellblade and Krosus.
    Its really hard to say why I liked it alot but I had tons of fun with my guild on almost every boss here. Loved the Trilliax hilarious voice lines, Chronomatic was also fun for me. Krosus fight when it was great to time Vengeful Retreat just before collapsing bridge, dodging Elisande rings, Guldan fight.

Just some small things that added together made the raid great for me.

Complete opposite was for me Tomb of Sargeras tho. The only fight I liked here probably was Avatar, Maiden and maybe Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clixqt View Post
    Please tell me about those bugs I haven't seen once in clearing the raid since week 1.
    I can only recall one bug we experienced on mythic where after a wipe the death gates are still visually there, I don't know if this was an issue on the other difficulties. I do know that this week everyone was stuck on Rastakhan because of a bug. We didn't see it first hand because we chose to extend on Jaina.

I've enjoyed it. While I thought the "being the other faction for 3 bosses" was cool at the start, it gets annoying the more you're in there.

But I think BRF and ToT are quite a bit better than this.

7/8 Uldir mythic was way more difficult and fun than 8/9 BoD Mythic.

However with that being said, Jaina is a good boss. Probably a better boss than Ghuun.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Its alright, for a 2nd raid tier of an expansion it beats ToS so thats cool, I won't compare it to HFC or Antorus since HFC was the second raid tier in WoD and WoD only had two, it was also the last raid of the expansion and thus I feel it is only fair to compare it to whichever raid happen to be the last this expansion. Considering end of expansion raids for the past few expansion have had 10+ bosses and generally been more.. grandiose I guess.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-03-19 at 12:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Its really hard to say why I liked it alot but I had tons of fun with my guild on almost every boss here. Loved the Trilliax hilarious voice lines, Chronomatic was also fun for me. Krosus fight when it was great to time Vengeful Retreat just before collapsing bridge, dodging Elisande rings, Guldan fight.

Complete opposite was for me Tomb of Sargeras tho. The only fight I liked here probably was Avatar, Maiden and maybe Sisters.
    Ohhh i completly get you

Like one of my favorite raids from a personal point of view was Blackwing Decent/The Bastion of Twillight in Cata. From an objective standpoint, i get why they were not the best raids, but it was the point in time where i had the best dynamic with my guild and it was just really fun to play through the raids with them Our own experience of raids are more often than not completly dependent on what kind of people we experienced that raid with and the relationship we have with them.

That tends to make the good things jump out and the bad things fade away
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post

Nightold was an extremely fun raid. One of the best imo. It had damn near perfect boss scaling. You’d move on from the first 3 bosses and the next 2 would be harder, then you’d move on from those and the next 2 would be even harder and it just kept going until ramping up to guldan. The fights were also fantastic, trilliax and scorpyron were good opening bosses. Tich, spellblade and krosus were great mid tier bosses while star augur was a fantastic end to the middle tier bosses. Elisande was a great start to the final tier bosses and guldan just cemented it. Botanist imo was pretty bad and chronomatic was meh but everything else was fantastic.

The raid itself also culminated from a really long storyline with good development. We met new characters, quested with them for weeks and learned about their struggles, culture, etc. Lost some characters along the way but eventually we built an army and were ready to invade nighthold which just made it even more fun for me. We also met a few bosses during this storyline and throughout the expansion (Gul’Dan, Elisande, spellblade, krosus, etc) which furthered my interest in the raid.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-03-20 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    What makes you like Nighthold?

For me, the colour scheme of raid made it very tiring and i had a hard time staying focused through the entire raid, since my eyes just kept watching blue on top of blue. The bosses were also not that interesting i think, aside from Gul'dan, Spellblade and Krosus.
    Personally I loved Nighthold precisely because the color palette was beautiful for once (raids have a tendency to abuse muted brown or green color palettes) and most of the fights were good or great. I liked Krosus, Elisande, Spellblade and Chronomatic, and loved Trilliax, Star Augur and Gul'dan who is one of the best final bosses in history. Only boss I didn't like was Botanist, and even then he was more "meh" than awful. Fury was 10/10 fun to play during that tier as well. Plus the raid had more story and lore leading up to it than almost any other raid in history, we went from helping a few refugees in a cave near Suramar to storming the city's palace over months.

Only bad thing about Nighthold were first the huge difficulty jump from 3/10 to 4/10, and more importantly the AP and legendaries issues surrounding it which were toned down in 7.2. The farm period of Nighthold was one of the most fun raiding experiences in my life.

BoD is overall a good raid, about on par with Antorus I'd say which I also liked. But it's not as good as Nighthold which is in my top 3 alongside BRF and ToT (never progressed in Ulduar before anyone starts screaming at me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many RNG cc mechanics in the raid.

It's a decent raid still, but not one of my favorites.

I wouldn't know... stopped playing BfA within the first month.

BoD is one big RNG fiesta with dummy bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good raid, but the best raid ever goes to Ulduar. No raid tier has kept me playing 100% while it was the current raid tier, other than Ulduar. Even the last week before ToC, I was still raiding ulduar on my main and alts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    So in summary, you're mad that casual players can get very good loot (doesn't affect you at all). I think you have underlying issues that you need to get help for, because you care too much about what other players are able to get
    Boss tuning and the gearing being fucked doesn’t affect him at all? Surely you’re not saying 1/6 mythic while being 4/9 heroic is fine. I mean I’m sure you are because based on your recycled argument you wouldn’t mind getting all the gear in the world being 1/9 heroic but hey, the gearing system being broken definitely doesn’t make the game worse. It’s certainly not one of the main complaints about the current game or anything.

In a time where titanforging can potentially give you an insane upgrade from anything I really don’t think loot should be that easy to get. If 1/9 mythic is achievable while your 4/9 heroic that’s ridiculous enough, add on top of that it drops some really good items and it makes no sense. Gearing is already completely RNG now though so I guess it doesn’t matter until they fix that if they decide to.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-03-20 at 08:50 PM.

BoD isn't close to my favorites. Its average at best. If it was done tomorrow there isn't any part of it I would miss. Same with Uldir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like BoD, the only legitimate issue with it is that Mythic is easier than it should have been. Art, music, environment and encounters are really great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    There was no joy after killing mythic Argus, no happiness, just a big loud sigh, say some bad words to player who was lucky to get that mount because you will most likely never do it again (unless 2 expansions later and you solo it). I would rather spend 500 pulls in total spread somehow evenly accross the raid than do 8 bosses in 150-200 pulls and last boss 300 pulls.
    Hurr? After our first Argus kill we re-killed him pretty much every week afterwards aside from 1 week where we went totally sloppy like fuck.

First kill on Argus definitely was a great moment, not a "sigh".

I think Jaina is spot on difficulty-wise and much less annoying than that blob in Uldir which required bloody spreadsheets up the wazoo with zillion weak auras and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I like BoD, the only legitimate issue with it is that Mythic is easier than it should have been. Art, music, environment and encounters are really great.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurr? After our first Argus kill we re-killed him pretty much every week afterwards aside from 1 week where we went totally sloppy like fuck.

I think Jaina is spot on difficulty-wise and much less annoying than that blob in Uldir which required bloody spreadsheets up the wazoo with zillion weak auras and what not.
    Well, that would be case here if the gap between Aggramar kill and Argus kill wasn't 3 months. Trust me, it really was anything but great moment. It is great moment for better guilds where progression doesn't last half a year out of which you spend 3 months on one boss out of 11. Does it sound like fun to you? You think this is good difficulty curve? Definetly not to me. And I'm quite sure this case is more common than yours as we still hit rank 1.2k world, out of 10k guilds stepping into mythic difficulty after 7 months.

average raid imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll be honest, argus was probably one of my favorite fights. It looked fantastic, the mechanics were really fun, the phases felt different. Only thing I disliked was p2 basically being a useless phase and the removal of that add phase (something else could’ve been added for mythic imo). The lore of argus was certainly there. I only liked a few fights from ABT but argus is definitely a favorite of mine out of all bosses. Our first kill was super hype.

Ghuun was pretty boring. Orb running was interesting but it got old pretty fast especially if you wiped because 1 group fucked their orbs. Happened a lot less after ~100 or so pulls but it’d still happen occasionally. The only phase I enjoyed was p3, healing the ramping damage while dealing with 3-4 mechanics and nasty overlaps was kinda fun. Uldir was a fairly boring raid imo. Vectis was fun and ghuun was okay, those are the only 2 I’d care to remember though.

BoD is okay. I think Jaina p1 is extremely boring and feels like a waste, p2 doesn’t have much going on either. I thought rasta was a fun fight but unfortunately undertuned, mekka was decent, stormwall was kinda fun, jadefire was interesting but that’s it. It feels like a pretty forgettable raid with an okay end boss. Gets a 5/10 from me.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-03-21 at 07:29 PM.