1. #1

    Possible plot twist

    I been wondering if Baine or some other important figure in the horde or alliance is really N'zoth in disguise. I think Sylvanas couldn't possibly be...or could she?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  2. #2
    Discussing BFA lore on this forum never ends well.

    Disguise? No. Influenced by him? Probably.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    3,544
    With the eye of N'zoth, that would open some interesting interaction, imagine the surprise that Jaina actually made a bargain for more power like Sylvanas in off-screen and the guy that did that deal was N'zoth using the appereance of Daelin and Helya
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  4. #4
    I've long suspected Spymaster Shaw is N'Zoth in disguise for the Alliance. There's just too much weird stuff going on with him IMO to be a mere coincidence.

    - New model with new voice for BfA
    - Mysterious disappearance & rumored death (with temp replacement) in Legion
    - A seeming personality change (very front and center now whereas he hid well in the shadows before)
    - Can hold Azerite in his hand seemingly without issue whereas it seems to affect most others who touch it
    - Easy & close proximity to the throne and to the "boy king"

    If so, there's likely a Horde equivalent as well. I don't have any great guesses here...maybe Nathanos? It would explain a lot if so. How he was able to survive fighting the Night Warrior, how the Horde keeps getting manipulated, why Sylvanas is going off the deep end so far, etc.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    With the eye of N'zoth, that would open some interesting interaction, imagine the surprise that Jaina actually made a bargain for more power like Sylvanas in off-screen and the guy that did that deal was N'zoth using the appereance of Daelin and Helya
    Jaina bargaining for more power would make sense, we just wouldn't find out about it until later if any. *assuming if she did at least*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I've long suspected Spymaster Shaw is N'Zoth in disguise for the Alliance. There's just too much weird stuff going on with him IMO to be a mere coincidence.

    - New model with new voice for BfA
    - Mysterious disappearance & rumored death (with temp replacement) in Legion
    - A seeming personality change (very front and center now whereas he hid well in the shadows before)
    - Can hold Azerite in his hand seemingly without issue whereas it seems to affect most others who touch it
    - Easy & close proximity to the throne and to the "boy king"

    If so, there's likely a Horde equivalent as well. I don't have any great guesses here...maybe Nathanos? It would explain a lot if so. How he was able to survive fighting the Night Warrior, how the Horde keeps getting manipulated, why Sylvanas is going off the deep end so far, etc.
    I think Nathanos had his life spared by the night warrior or that Tyrande has a thing for him..and let him go.
    Would Nathanos be considered the horde equivelant of Shaw? Guessing who is and who isn't N'zoth is like playing that old board game *Clue*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  6. #6
    I really do want to see this xpac not end up as Siege 2.0

    I truly hope Blizz can pull out such a surprise by 8.3 and not let this xpac end the way we all feel its gonna end right now.

  7. #7
    I wouldn't suspect Nathanos as a spy of N'zoth, as he most time blindly follows the 'Dark Lady'. He is more of the equivalent to Genn. It might be mistaken because on Alliance side, Genn lead's the 'expedition' into Kul Tiras, Halford Wyrmbane leads the assault on Zandalar with Jaina becoming more involved after the first part of the War Campaign and Shaw does all the spying, where Nathanos does all this combined.
    Shaw being influenced by N'zoth would make sense however.
    Jaina and/or Sylvanas being somehow influenced by N'zoth would also make sense. That would at least explain all the crazy shit they do lately.
    Guess we will see after we receive the 'Gift of N'zoth'.
    Personally however, I still do believe that Jaina is a Dreadlord!
    I do understand your argument, but it is wrong.™

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Personally however, I still do believe that Jaina is a Dreadlord!
    Jaina as the LAST dreadlord!!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I think Nathanos had his life spared by the night warrior or that Tyrande has a thing for him..and let him go.
    Would Nathanos be considered the horde equivelant of Shaw? Guessing who is and who isn't N'zoth is like playing that old board game *Clue*
    It's possible, but before he was let go and/or escaped, he was largely matching up to them. Even if they might have won initially, that doesn't mean it wasn't within N'Zoth's interests to not break the disguise, no matter what. He gains a lot more by not using his full power and letting this avatar die were that the way it went, particularly as an undead one could be quickly "resurrected" and brought back into service.

    If my theory holds true, Nathanos would then be the Horde equivalent of Shaw, both avatars of N'Zoth brought to life to fuel the war for each faction's perspective. Both are in positions of authority to massage/shift information given to their respective leaders. Both have really stepped out of the shadows, though Nathanos did so earlier. Both keep prominent positions near the war tables influencing the war. Neither really seems to speak of peace near as I can tell. Both seem to have a weird tendency to show up and vanish from places without people really tracking their movements. Both seem to have weird "right place at the right time" luck, with Shaw's spies catching on to the Silithus operation pretty quick and Nathanos somehow knowing the exact right captain to try and rez, the one that just so happened to be next to Derek Proudmoore.

    They just seem to be too influential and have too much "success" for them to not have something else weird going on IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •