Poll: Who do you want to be permanently Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    ZappyBoi of course.

Really though, Thrall. It seems like everyone else trashes the bloody thing.
    Making Thrall warchief would have unfortunate implications that only an orc with human education can possibly rule the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Making Thrall warchief would have unfortunate implications that only an orc with human education can possibly rule the Horde.
    That's what it looks like so far anyway. Since Thrall it's one bad choice after the other.

That's what it looks like so far anyway. Since Thrall it's one bad choice after the other.
    Thrall ran the Horde into the ground to the point where he himself lost faith with his ideas and passed the buck to Garrosh.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Thrall ran the Horde into the ground to the point where he himself lost faith with his ideas and passed the buck to Garrosh.
    Thrall's Horde were the glory days of Horde in WoW. Shit started after he was not in the picture already. His only fault is that he chose poorly with that derp Garrosh.

And boy was Metzen pissed when he checked in to see how the WoW team had been doing while he was off on Project Titan and others. Don't know why he was surprised though, elementary school level "Trash Character A to build up B" is VERY typical Blizz writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Thrall's Horde were the glory days of Horde in WoW. Shit started after he was not in the picture already.
    I distinctly remember orcs starving while he was still warchief.

Thrall's Horde were the glory days of Horde in WoW. Shit started after he was not in the picture already. His only fault is that he chose poorly with that derp Garrosh.
    No, Thrall put his people to live in a desert out of racial guilt and they were starving by TBC times per the assorted stories. Already in Wrath attitudes among orcs were against him. He appointed Garrosh because he realized this. Cataclysm was when the Horde was best.

@Feanoro

Metzen was on the team at the time. My impression is he thought this'd be one of those hero replacement stories in comics, where the main guy is replaced by someone 'edgier' until we eventually find out he's wrong and learn to appreciate Thrall more. Except they were too successful in fleshing Thrall's faults out and his stint as World Shaman made most people very tired of him.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Metzen was on the team at the time. My impression is he thought this'd be one of those hero replacement stories in comics, where the main guy is replaced by someone 'edgier' until we eventually find out he's wrong and learn to appreciate Thrall more. Except they were too successful in fleshing Thrall's faults out and his stint as World Shaman made most people very tired of him.
    He was, in a managerial/lead role due to involvement in other projects. I'd agree that the retcon character assassination was one of their best efforts, too bad they didn't put similar effort into presenting Garrosh as anything but a hotheaded warmonger. I suspect Metzen knew the status meeting bullet points, but only realized the meat and potatoes after they shipped, as evidenced by Garrosh's multiple personality disorder later in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

There's 25 fake votes for Sylvanas. Remove them and she's still 50 and 70 votes ahead of the opposition respectively. This is without mentioning that Baine's voters are primarily Alliance. Perks of an open poll, you can see both fake and other faction posters.
    That is why Baine and Saurfang should be put together. Those who voted for them just do not want Sylvanas as leader. She is waging war for the sake of it. She is not fit to be a leader, a spymaster, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He was, in a managerial/lead role due to involvement in other projects. I'd agree that the retcon character assassination was one of their best efforts, too bad they didn't put similar effort into presenting Garrosh as anything but a hotheaded warmonger. I suspect Metzen knew the status meeting bullet points, but only realized the meat and potatoes after they shipped, as evidenced by Garrosh's multiple personality disorder later in Cata.
    I think a lot of the animus regarding Garrosh's inconsistency is overblown. He follows a relatively coherent one personality per expansion pattern that you can call character development up to Mists. In Mists they introduced a lot of nonsense like making him field Forsaken and warlocks, things he hated, purely because it's evil, or having warlocks in the Kor'kron. He does however suffer from having much of his best material in side stories. The one thing that I do take issue with is that he gravitates between being a tactical genius and being a mong pretty much at random, with Twi Highlands being an especially severe example.

I.e, you have the grounds for the war explained to you in the game itself and it's referenced as far back as Wrath, but you only know Garrosh's perspective on this and Thrall's fuck ups from side materials. I.e, that Garrosh actually did look up to Thrall and it was seeing the orcs themselves in their shit state that slowly changed his position. Despite all the press, even in Mists he didn't wage war for the sake of war. He did it to see the orcs prosper, and there was no peaceful resolution available in Cataclysm, both because the factions were already at war, so taking him to task on it is facetious, but also because by virtue of where the orcs had been placed and that they lacked arable land they weren't going to last anyway.

@Specialka

I agree in the sense that if you combine their vote you get what the actual result among the playerbase is - i.e, Sylv is 10-15% behind. And the OP definitely meant to rig the vote. But he unintentionally produced the Horde opinion in the process. I.e, Sylv is marginally more popular than Saurfang in the Horde proper.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-03-27 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's 25 fake votes for Sylvanas. Remove them and she's still 50 and 70 votes ahead of the opposition respectively. This is without mentioning that Baine's voters are primarily Alliance. Perks of an open poll, you can see both fake and other faction posters.
    How do you arrive at 25?

And how many Alliance players have voted for Baine or Saurfang? That's the real question, as I bet, the vast majority of Horde players back Sylvanas.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How do you arrive at 25?

And how many Alliance players have voted for Baine or Saurfang? That's the real question, as I bet, the vast majority of Horde players back Sylvanas.
    I'd love to tell you I performed in-depth research, but the truth is I just opened the "voted" tab and saw every name that's a permutation of Sylvanas. "realwarchief" "lewd_sylvanas" and "caliamustdie" are not exactly regulars and conveniently all had accounts made on the same day.
    Past that, there are a lot of Alliance voters for Baine and some for Saurfang, within the Horde community alone, Sylvanas is still the most popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'd love to tell you I performed in-depth research, but the truth is I just opened the "voted" tab and saw every name that's a permutation of Sylvanas. "realwarchief" "lewd_sylvanas" and "caliamustdie" are not exactly regulars and conveniently all had accounts made on the same day.
    Past that, there are a lot of Alliance voters for Baine and some for Saurfang, within the Horde community alone, Sylvanas is still the most popular.
    These false accounts have been taken care of, but there's nothing I can do for the poll itself as banned users still count as effective votes. If you want a clearer picture of the outcome you'd have to do a manual count removing the obvious spoofed votes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the one and true warchief: Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    These false accounts have been taken care of, but there's nothing I can do for the poll itself as banned users still count as effective votes. If you want a clearer picture of the outcome you'd have to do a manual count removing the obvious spoofed votes.
    Cheers on the bans. That was some really desperate and unnecessary rigging going on. If I were eyeballing it I'd say Sylv's actual vote total is in the vicinity of 185.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Cheers on the bans. That was some really desperate and unnecessary rigging going on. If I were eyeballing it I'd say Sylv's actual vote total is in the vicinity of 185.
    That is close to where it is now. If you, or anyone else, sees anything else that sticks out then feel free to report it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

More than 55 % don’t want Sylvanas as the Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    More than 55 % don’t want Sylvanas as the Warchief.
    Yes, of all players. But Sylvanas is more popular than either individual opposition candidate and within the Horde proper she's more popular than her combined competition. That Alliance dislike Sylvanas is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is close to where it is now. If you, or anyone else, sees anything else that sticks out then feel free to report it.
    Man, these polls are some serious business! It'd be funny if someone in-game accuses Sylvanas of rigging forum polls too. One last grand evil doing!

Yes, of all players. But Sylvanas is more popular than either individual opposition candidate and within the Horde proper she's more popular than her combined competition. That Alliance dislike Sylvanas is a given.
    If you removed one of Baine or Saurfang from the poll then the other would have more votes than Sylvanas. The public have spoken. Out with Sylvanas.