Poll: Who do you want to be permanently Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This I can get behind. She's an orc, as a Warchief should be, she has a code of ethics, as do the Mag'har, but it's an esoteric one that fits the Horde as a wide tent, and she lacks the baggage. On top of this, she has room for future plotlines, what with the Lightbound, the way her forces uses the void and getting in touch with what's up with her people in this timeline. She also wasn't around for Teldrassil and makes no moral pretense, freeing her from the issues other candidates have.
    she also fills the problem in a way that the people want thrall back, but metzan doesn't want to commit to full time Voice work anymore. well she is technically thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    she also fills the problem in a way that the people want thrall back, but metzan doesn't want to commit to full time Voice work anymore. well she is technically thrall.
    I can't disagree. We've reached the point where FemThrall from back in time in another dimension is among the better choices.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This I can get behind. She's an orc, as a Warchief should be, she has a code of ethics, as do the Mag'har, but it's an esoteric one that fits the Horde as a wide tent, and she lacks the baggage. On top of this, she has room for future plotlines, what with the Lightbound, the way her forces uses the void and getting in touch with what's up with her people in this timeline. She also wasn't around for Teldrassil and makes no moral pretense, freeing her from the issues other candidates have.
    Puff, Yrel will be whitewashed hands just like Genn and Maiev if Geyara is made warchief and blizzard push another faction war storyline, if you think some moral relativism or not falling in the same cycle again is even considered by the current writers, then you haven't payed much attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    female thrall, whats her name. the maghar leader.
    Going by what she said in response to this mess I'd say she's probably the closest option you've got if you liked pre-MOP Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think after this expansion, the leaders of the Horde should create a council, there may be a Warchief, but only to work as the face of said council

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Going by what she said in response to this mess I'd say she's probably the closest option you've got if you liked pre-MOP Garrosh.
    Atm she's pre mop garrosh in temperament. But the sylvanas ark, influence of saurfang. There's Alot of places she could go char wise. Garrosh was a good character blizz took him down the megalomaniac path but he could have gone many places.

7+ Year Old Account
    people choosing Baine and lorthemar or even worse, wanting the horde to become full alliance with the "council of leaders" while the alliance become horde with the high king being basically a warchief

what a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Puff, Yrel will be whitewashed hands just like Genn and Maiev if Geyara is made warchief and blizzard push another faction war storyline, if you think some moral relativism or not falling in the same cycle again is even considered by the current writers, then you haven't payed much attention
    That's guaranteed, but the best case scenario is we get a few years with a Cata-tier Horde if we close our eyes and pretend some of the damage wasn't done. The alternative is LARPing as if it's Founding of Durotar again, except without the courtesy of having our own plot.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone ever want Sylvanas?
    A Horde player will want a Horde warchief.

Sylvanas couldn't care less about the Horde, she is mainly self driven.

Saurfang or Baine would actually look after the Horde and, most likely, make it grow stronger.

Sylvanas is dividing and killing it so far.

Her character was great until she toke over the power, she clearly used a weak time of the Horde to rise through false promeses, because all she wants is total destruction of the Alliance for absolute no reason.

She is the perfect Kil Jaeden puppet without, directly, being so.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why would anyone ever want Sylvanas?
    A Horde player will want a Horde warchief.

Sylvanas couldn't care less about the Horde, she is mainly self driven.

Saurfang or Baine would actually look after the Horde and, most likely, make it grow stronger.

Sylvanas is dividing and killing it so far.

Her character was great until she toke over the power, she clearly used a weak time of the Horde to rise through false promeses, because all she wants is total destruction of the Alliance for absolute no reason.

She is the perfect Kil Jaeden puppet without, directly, being so.
    "Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar. Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable. But to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us. So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sauerfang / Baine / Talanji
    Sylvanas was a great choice pre-legion ... after that shes just insane and self driven.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why would anyone ever want Sylvanas? .
    Because they want to be the dark edgelord anti-hero/villain

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Of the options - Saurfang. No to Sylvanas for obvious reasons and no to Baine because he has time and time again shown that he is a giga pussy. Lets just take a moment to appreciate how much of a pussy baine is.

Orc Hitler and your dad fight. Orc hitler wins via trickery. Orc hitler tells you it wasn't his trickery, honest *wink* and you actually believe him and don't just kill him on the spot.

Orc Hitler then goes on a brutal rampage across Kalimdor and the EK, bombing civilians regardless of affiliation. You still do nothing. You. the guy who just watched his dad die to trickery and betrayal, is now watching that same guy murder people indiscriminately.

Orc Hitler gets bored of killing civilians, decides to attack the child of the King of the Alliance and plunder ancient, curse filled ruins to create super soldiers. You still do nothing.

Eventually Vol'jin taps you on your shoulder and says 'hey i know you're a giant pussy,but i'm starting a rebellion - you in or are you gonna continue to do fuck all?' Reluctantly you join and AFK outside of Orgrimmar while the real heroes delve into the Underhold.

The non-beta members of the Horde beat Garroshs ass. Instead of immediately beheading him and moving on, you all decide to have a trial. Then they make YOU defend him and you still don't call it quits and just stab the guy.

Guy known for betrayal and trickery surprisingly escapes with the use of betrayal and trickery. You don't even go after him. You're too much of a bitch for that. Instead you let Thrall go and do it - a guy who isn't even in the horde anymore and only came back to work because you didn't kill him back in WOTLK when he first killed your dad.

So here you are , you're sitting at the round table. Across from you is a caricature of Capitalism. Next to you is a Zombie that is torturing people and raising dead members of the horde to fight for her as skeletons. You're still saying nothing. Instead you're gossiping like a bitch and sneaking around.

So, no, not Baine. Saurfang is pretty much the last redeemable member of that list. So with that, the best option seems to be:

Council of Leaders - Baine, Saurfang, Lorthemar, Tilanji.

Warchief position has, for the 4th time now, shown that having a dictator leads to bad results. Thrall dictated who would be the next Warchief and that Warchief was Orc Hitler. Vol'jin was voted in, but being once again a dictator, he decided to waste Horde resources fighting in Ashran when they were already besieged on all fronts by the Iron Horde.

After we somehow won via the power of plot armor, Vol'jin listens to evil ghosts that tell him to make a zombie with a history of betrayal the new Warchief. What do you know, that person also turns out to be a dictator and Zombie Hitler.

Maybe its time the Horde stopped giving unilateral power to a single person without even voting said person in. But even if they did vote them in, the second the vote is cast, that person can now only be stopped by violent revolution.
    You're acting as if Garrosh was wrong (or for that matter, Hitler).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, Thrall is the only choice (Thrall should have died in the SoO, and that would have given Vol'jin's ascension meaning, but alas, since he didn't, Thrall's the only choice).

That's guaranteed, but the best case scenario is we get a few years with a Cata-tier Horde if we close our eyes and pretend some of the damage wasn't done. The alternative is LARPing as if it's Founding of Durotar again, except without the courtesy of having our own plot.
    Well there is a interview with some important dev and he said Wow could end by 2024 so we have 5 years left for active content and storyline(HE) so the next warchief could probably be the last, with this said I don't think it would matter who sits after this fiasko, the alliance will be boring and the horde just being there while all the focus goes to some neutral character which is the only good thing they can do, for example Khadgar did more morally grey things than the 2 factions combined(Resurrecting a powerful enemy from both faction, torturing Garona back in WoD, gave the middle finger to Jaina in acepting the horde back, organizing revolts, etc).

Now the interesting thing I could say the zandalaris will play some role in the shadowlands expansion and maybe the forsakens, so does the tauren and blood elves with arcane and life, at least for the half of the comic war the horde can be his own faction and entity outside of the alliance
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    "Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar. Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable. But to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us. So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."
    she is doing such a fine job saving the horde with throwing them into a war no one wanted while the planet they live on is on the brink of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Now the interesting thing I could say the zandalaris will play some role in the shadowlands expansion and maybe the forsakens, so does the tauren and blood elves with arcane and life, at least for the half of the comic war the horde can be his own faction and entity outside of the alliance
    I really doubt the game will end in 2024, it's still Blizzard's top earner and games with miniscule fanbases even compared to current WoW like SW:TOR and EQ are still pumping out occasional crap. But in terms of future plots, the Horde as such are irrelevant, but there are a few races that might have a role. Mag'har for one if the Lightbound were to come back, the Zandalari if Bwon isn't resolved have Death and the nu-Forsaken will have the Light with Calia. Given that the latter is effectively Alliance content on all thematic levels, that leaves the former two. Tauren have never been relevant except when their leader is fighting his own faction and blood elves are kind of all over the place. I foresee them having Liadrin in Legion tier appearances.

I really doubt the game will end in 2024, it's still Blizzard's top earner and games with miniscule fanbases even compared to current WoW like SW:TOR and EQ are still pumping out occasional crap. But in terms of future plots, the Horde as such are irrelevant, but there are a few races that might have a role. Mag'har for one if the Lightbound were to come back, the Zandalari if Bwon isn't resolved have Death and the nu-Forsaken will have the Light with Calia. Given that the latter is effectively Alliance content on all thematic levels, that leaves the former two. Tauren have never been relevant except when their leader is fighting his own faction and blood elves are kind of all over the place. I foresee them having Liadrin in Legion tier appearances.
    Calia seem to be more a death thing considering her new condition, being the sister of the most famous death knight in fiction and her whole kingdome being formed by rotten corpses but still I won't discard her being an enemy more later since she is clueless in leading, easy to manipulate and has some power hungry instinct like her brother and probably will chose light over her friends(which isn't a hard choice considering Jaina is a quiter and Anduin is useless besides of getting good PR for your own image).

While I agree a lot of races are left in the closet for the flavor of the mount I still have faith they could pull a good plot with dividing the cosmic enemies per 2/3 races and maybe just maybe the guy from witcher that now works in blizzard as some directive creator can fix some shit from the current writers.

Anyway I won't discard anything yet since they gave some nice deveploment for the Draenei in 2 expansions in a row, the horde allied races by far are more developed with more love than 50% of the slliance raced
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-03-23 at 08:14 PM.

All of these choices are horrible, so basic campfire it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin Wrynn.

You filthy savages will grovel under my iron heel.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Who ever it is, i hope he/she will not become a dog to the Alliance.
    I am done with neutral factions or buddy buddy with the enemy (Alliance)

We are enemies maybe we will stop the war for a few events that attack both sides or the planet.
    But i dont want the war to end anymore, we are enemies and we remain that way.