The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard missed an oportunity to inovlve Mayla Highmountain into Baine's story

During the Hightmountain allied race quest chain it seemed Blizzard made Mayla and Baine power duo work pretty well. Both of them helped each other, and it was Baine who brought Hightmountain tauren into the Horde. At some point i even thought Blizzard gonna made them the a couple.
    Yet, in BFA there were no attempts on their side to at least somehow involve Mayla into Baine's character and story arc. And it was missed opportunity to develop both Mayla character and add some flavor into Baine's arc. I wonder will Blizzard involve her later, after he was prisoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is probably something that will factor into the story as it goes, considering Mayla's rather strong reaction to Baine's imprisonment in the Horde summit cutscene. All of the Allied Race leaders save Geya'rah take a dim view on Sylvanas' treatment of Baine, and this is a potential political lever that could be used to ensure she doesn't execute Baine outright.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Actually Mayla is dodging a bullet with Baine, also he has some fetish with blonde humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The longer Baine is in prison the quicker she can hook up with Lasan and Baine can be kept from producing children to taint the future Horde roster.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    During the Hightmountain allied race quest chain it seemed Blizzard made Mayla and Baine power duo work pretty well. Both of them helped each other, and it was Baine who brought Hightmountain tauren into the Horde. At some point i even thought Blizzard gonna made them the a couple.
    Yet, in BFA there were no attempts on their side to at least somehow involve Mayla into Baine's character and story arc. And it was missed opportunity to develop both Mayla character and add some flavor into Baine's arc. I wonder will Blizzard involve her later, after he was prisoned.
    Blizzard is funny sometimes.. it's like when they are doing new stuff, they kinda forget some of the strong older connections they had made, which makes the lack of involvement strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This is probably something that will factor into the story as it goes, considering Mayla's rather strong reaction to Baine's imprisonment in the Horde summit cutscene. All of the Allied Race leaders save Geya'rah take a dim view on Sylvanas' treatment of Baine, and this is a potential political lever that could be used to ensure she doesn't execute Baine outright.
    Gotta love how depressing and jaded this community is. OP asks a good question. First post is a well thought response that looks at what happened and speculates as to what those events could lead to. Following posts can basically be boiled down to "Because Blizzard's writing is bad" and various memes.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Gotta love how depressing and jaded this community is. OP asks a good question. First post is a well thought response that looks at what happened and speculates as to what those events could lead to. Following posts can basically be boiled down to "Because Blizzard's writing is bad" and various memes.
    Why expect something different when you've been fed the same crap year after year?

I personally hope she leads the efforts to free Baine.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Why expect something different when you've been fed the same crap year after year?
    quote for this. Like how the community questioned why Jaina seemed to lose some of her trade mark skills and was noted as acting 'funny' and somehow always managing to never be present when characters with true sight show up making the whole Dreadlord angle seem plausible... but it just turned out the devs forgot her big thing was mass teleportation

or all the theorizing about how the teldrassil would burn, citing all the nuanced things people spotted as the story unfolded. Summermoon's azerite storage in the tree, possible rituals performed, corruption erupting in the tree (yet again), or agents of n'zoth making a move.... but Sylvanas just lobbed some mundane flaming shot at it

At this point, most people have likely given up on interesting story telling and are expecting the most obvious bullshit now so hang on for Kerrigan 2.0 and NOT seige of Orgrimmar 2.0 but probably seige of Stormwind (but it's really just SoO again)

Mayla had no idea what Baine was up to until the meeting. There’s still a chance to involve her somehow, as I don’t see her working well with Sylvanas. I was mostly suprised that the player character had to turn in the quest with Lor’themar who hasn’t done anything at all, so maybe they are both interested in freeing Baine or start some revolution (basically Vol’jin 2.0).

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Here's a little piece of info. Just because you don't like the plot does not mean it is bad. Using "I've thought the story has been bad for years" as "evidence" that every new thing in the lore is bad has a description: confirmation bias.