572. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deadmines

279 48.78%
  • Dire Maul

293 51.22%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    I always found it interesting how different servers really made a difference here as well as regions. The server I primarily played on back then referred to Stratholme as SS (Scarlet Side) or UD (Undead) when attempting to put groups together and it was generally known there, but on another server I played on it was referred to as Strat for Scarlet and Baron for the undead side of things. None of the servers I played on referred to Deadmines as DM though, they all called it VC.
    Scarlet side was refered to as Strat light on my server. Just Strat was the undead side. Interesting.

DM north, west and so on was Dire Maul. Nobody did Deadmines because I played on horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Well, since the vast majority of players say DM for Deadmines.. I guess you're wrong =(
    Actually, a small majority says Dire Mail... Just look at the poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    VC is dead mines
    Da fuq??
    How do you EVER arrive at that??
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Damage meter

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Da fuq??
    Poll seem pretty even. My guess is it was mostly faction based - Horde-side nobody really went to Deadmines as it was insanely far, thus DM was always Dire Maul. Alliance side Deadmines were easy to access in the 2nd leveling zone and it took just as long to go to Feralas for Dire Maul, so Deadmines turned into DM for them.

From my experience Deadmines was generally referred to as VC due to VanCleef.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I wasn't aware that was disputed.
    Nobody was looking for Deadmines groups anyway while leveling - and later it was irrelevant -, while Diremaul (although added later only) was a valid endgame activity people actually looked for.
    Yer full of shit mate, Deadmines was one of the most popular dungeons while leveling because it was easy, the quests for it gave tons of XP and the potential drops were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Both.

When you start screaming "LFM DM" in chat, I shift right click your name. If you're like level 15-20, I can be pretty sure you're not talking about Dire Maul.
    Or people use the correct term and there is no need for right clicking.
    For you non vanilla playing people VC is for Van Cleef. The last boss of Dead Mines.
    VC = deadmines.
    DM and derivatives = Dire Mail.
    It's pretty simple. Just fucking do it.

Nobody uses DM for Dire Maul. Even if you were to do a full run of Dire Maul you'd advertise it as 'DM all wings' instead of DM. DM alone means Deadmines.

It's not confusing and people saying that we all said VC in vanilla are wrong.
    Im going to get very unpleasant depending on how motivated your stupidity ends up getting me, so... don't?
    SoundOfGuns trying to look intimidating.

dm is deadmines end of story

It is as it always was.

DM = Deadmines

DM E/N/W/all = Dire Maul

That's how it used to be separated and extremely likely how it will be in classic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Anyone who says Dire Maul didn't play from release.
    orly? https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0

I remember the arguments back in 2005 as to which was which
    Last edited by Chakah; 2019-04-05 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    Funny how that poll worked out.
    There have been polls for DM vs VC and DM dominates it, your point is? What? That almost half says DM to Deadmines even if it's a lowbie dungeon and there's a higher lvl dungeon called DM as well?

A lot of people have figured out it's an NA thing, and a minority at that. But we all know NA is quite special.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Da fuq??
    In a discussion about DM vs VC you want me to look at a poll for DM vs DM? How does that make sense?

DM for Deadmines. DM East/west/north for Dire Maul. Or if its even remotely unclear, shift click the name of the person asking.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Poll seem pretty even. My guess is it was mostly faction based - Horde-side nobody really went to Deadmines as it was insanely far, thus DM was always Dire Maul. Alliance side Deadmines were easy to access in the 2nd leveling zone and it took just as long to go to Feralas for Dire Maul, so Deadmines turned into DM for them.

From my experience Deadmines was generally referred to as VC due to VanCleef.
    Poll is pretty even, yes.. But the guy I quoted said vast majority says Deadmines, where I corrected him that a small majority says Dire Mail, as per the poll..

Poll was 220 Dire Mail vs 212 Deadmines when I posted (different now), and that IS a small majority..

It's by no means in unlikely, faction plays a role in DM, but today's is literally the first time I have read Deadmines been called VC..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    In a discussion about DM vs VC you want me to look at a poll for DM vs DM? How does that make sense?
    There is not a single V or C in "Deadmines"... It's not logical to shorten a word into something that isn't part of the original word.

A short is to make something easier and faster, not cryptic.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-04-05 at 10:28 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

How is this 10 pages lmao.

Clearly the abbreviation is DM, the VC thing was always a troll and yes i did that in 2006 as well

Deadmines, it was the first dungeon to have that abbreviation as it was lower level. Obviously if you're higher level it's easy enough to tell, especially when people used wings after "DM".

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Deadmines was always VC as far as I remember seeing it.
    ^ This is how I remember it.
    Businesses that make money by collecting and selling detailed records of private lives were once plainly described as "surveillance companies." Their rebranding as "social media" is the most successful deception since the Department of War became the Department of Defense. - Edward Snowden.

Poll is pretty even, yes.. But the guy I quoted said vast majority says Deadmines, where I corrected him that a small majority says Dire Mail, as per the poll..

Poll was 220 Dire Mail vs 212 Deadmines when I posted (different now), and that IS a small majority..

It's by no means in unlikely, faction plays a role in DM, but today's is literally the first time I have read Deadmines been called VC..

- - - Updated - - -

There is not a single V or C in "Deadmines"... It's not logical to shorten a word into something that isn't part of the original word.

A short is to make something easier and faster, not cryptic.
    Exactly and the discussion you quoted me on was about DM vs VC for Deadmines ^^

Deadmines = TM
    Diremaul = DB

EZ fix just play on german client . Damn I'm thinking of returning to german client again for classic..(been using english since end of bc) I cant stand non german ragnaros boss quotes. They seem so bad.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-05 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    orly? https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.3.0

I remember the arguments back in 2005 as to which was which
    You're linking a patch from 5 months after the game released, so I'm not sure what your point is. Again, from release Deadmines was DM. When Dire Maul was added the debate began. But for people there from Day1, DM is Deadmines.

Unless you're from EU I suppose. I think that launched with Dire Maul.

Purely DM definitely Deadmines, DM East/West/North was the usual norm for dire maul specific wing run.