Poll: "DM" Stands for...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deadmines was always VC to me. It's what everyone on my server (Jubei'thos) referred to it as. If you said DM you meant Dire Maul.

Lots of people saying VC is Deadmines but honestly most people just called it DM. Some people called it VC but that was absolutely a minority. The entire time I played Classic I only ever remember a few people calling it VC and never widespread.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I have literally NEVER heard anyone call Deadmines for VC before I played private servers. It was either LFM DM for Deadmines or LFM DM [West/North/East/Tribute] back on the servers that I played on. I almost feel it's a private server thing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Lots of people saying VC is Deadmines but honestly most people just called it DM. Some people called it VC but that was absolutely a minority. The entire time I played Classic I only ever remember a few people calling it VC and never widespread.
    Incorrect. Very very incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scriM View Post
    I have literally NEVER heard anyone call Deadmines for VC before I played private servers. It was either LFM DM for Deadmines or LFM DM [West/North/East/Tribute] back on the servers that I played on. I almost feel it's a private server thing.
    Perhaps you've heard it on Private servers since they are generally people that played in Vanilla when it was at its most common to call it VC.

Classic WoW. Are you max level? Congratulations, no one has a reason to enter Deadmines. So the default assumption is for the endgame content. Not the starter dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    DM is Deadmines. DM North/South/East/West/etc. is Dire Maul. At least from what I've seen.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scriM View Post
    It was entirely a server thing, Mannoroth US EVERYONE referred to Deadmines as VC.

I've heard it called other things elsewhere, servers game up with their own abbreviations

Ah, the pain of running several Deadmines groups for the Cruel Barb on my rogue back in the day... and losing it to hunters. Thanks for opening those old scars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Master clearly.

Stupid question. There is no Dire Maul instance (well, technically there is but...) there are 3 of them. LFG for DM when you mean Dire Maul is only slightly better than LFG Instance and is (and was) never used. If someone says LFG DM they mean Deadmines, if they say DM west, east, north, tribute, prince...etc it is Dire Maul.

DM -Dungeon Master
    DM N, E, W - Dire Maul
    VC - Deadmines
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Doc Martens. Also, Deadmines, never VanCleef, which is "VC".
    Fixed.

Dire Maul ALWAYS needs the wing being run. DM East/West/North.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Deadmines for me. Dire Maul is also DM though, but usually you specify which part.
    I voted Dire Maul because the way I saw it if you wanted to say Deadmines you could say Dm to specify. I thought VC was just stupid because new players had no idea who Van Cleef was.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Nobody was looking for Deadmines groups anyway while leveling
    You're insane right? Deadmines was super valuable for almost any player and it had a handful of quests. It had the first ring in the game and weapons that lasted until mid to late 30s for both staff users and 1h sword users. It also had a decent 2H, but I don't remember people using it as long.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    DM = Dead Mines.
    And for Diremaul you dont really just search group for "DM" you always specify which one. Non issue.
    What? It was always Deadmines or DM for Dire Maul or like you said DM north.
    You hear NY= New York or NJ= New Jersey, when did you hear someone saying CF= California?

10+ Year Old Account
    DM = Dire Maul, and yes, it normally came with which wing you were doing; but no one called Deadmines DM - it was VC, or Deadmines.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)