Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Smile Remember the Legion 'World Tour' raids?

Those were awesome. Was a weekly blast.

Constant PUG raids where you invited as many as possible, and people burned through Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, and Nighthold.

People got transmogs they wanted, gear for their alts, grats for the odd Legendary... and even if you got nothing you wanted, you got TONS of AP, so you ended up considerably more powerful for your trouble.

it was a blast. The World Tour PUG raids were one of my fondest Legion memories.

I wish they'd come back.

Maybe next tier. Also might not happen as there are no tons of AP, no legendary farms and no artifact skins. Not missing any of those except for maybe working towards the artifact skin.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

They still exist but for now it’s for mythics
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    I loved those "world tours". They were great for farming AP, leggos and xmogs, especially for alts. Wish we could have them back...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember valor, conquest points? Remember when Dungeons gave you a valid reason to do them weekly? Remember the weekly conquest bar u had to fill up.
    Remember reputation tabards u could use to spam dungeons with?
    Remember Justice points? Remember when people spammed dungeons to get that 1 epic item that just wouldn't drop?

What u just said isn't new. Things go away each expansion. sadly all the good things of WoW.
    Sadly 99% Blizzard is the cause of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Remember valor, conquest points? Remember when Dungeons gave you a valid reason to do them weekly? Remember the weekly conquest bar u had to fill up.
    Remember Justice points? Remember when people spammed dungeons to get that 1 epic item that just wouldn't drop?

What u just said isn't new. Things go away each expansion. sadly all the good things of WoW.
    "hurr durr i miss grinding easy dungeons for way stronger items" post #2231341

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

Yep.

I also remember when during those times, all the "pro players" were vehemently against badges and called them cancer that gives welfare gear. The badge system was frowned upon and was often named as the worst thing in the game at that time, which would lead to it's downfall.

It's the Himalayas of hypocrisy that these same people are now claiming that badge systems would save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Maybe next tier. Also might not happen as there are no tons of AP, no legendary farms and no artifact skins. Not missing any of those except for maybe working towards the artifact skin.
    Always two sides of a coin: I miss all of those

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yep.

I also remember when during those times, all the "pro players" were vehemently against badges and called them cancer that gives welfare gear. The badge system was frowned upon and was often named as the worst thing in the game at that time, which would lead to it's downfall.

It's the Himalayas of hypocrisy that these same people are now claiming that badge systems would save this game.
    Nah, the good players aren't crying for the return of welfare, lol. You can get heroic geared in a lockout if you try. Welfare are for people who are too bad to do that.

No one is running Uldir anymore which is kind of disappointing. During Nighthold I remember people constantly pugging EN.

I think something is wrong when the previous tier of raiding in the same expansion is utterly abandoned. But that's probably because AP becomes irreverent at a certain point and raids don't drop enough of it to warrant doing old content. Plus Uldir doesn't drop anything desirable such as mounts.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Yep.

Or maybe it's different people? Or they think what replaced badges is even worse?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

OP must be new to WoW. World Tour raids have been around since Vanilla. I've done them at the end of every expac up to MoP.

If someone who started in Wrath is a Wrath baby, what are players called that started in other expansions?

Legendarys were a huge reason for those, kept almost all content relevant the entire expac.

Just need to wait for closer to the end of expansion.

Although without things like the various achievement skins for artifact weapons I don't think they'll be as popular.

I used to run these every weekend, did normal and heroic of every single raid in like 8ish hours. Did it all for the AP and lego chance, and I loved it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Those were awesome. Was a weekly blast.

Constant PUG raids where you invited as many as possible, and people burned through Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, and Nighthold.

People got transmogs they wanted, gear for their alts, grats for the odd Legendary... and even if you got nothing you wanted, you got TONS of AP, so you ended up considerably more powerful for your trouble.

it was a blast. The World Tour PUG raids were one of my fondest Legion memories.

I wish they'd come back.
    I used to host these on 2 toons every single week. Some of the most fun times I've had, had a nice group of 15-18 regulars and then some semi-regulars
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

They still exist but for now it’s for mythics

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Legendarys were a huge reason for those, kept almost all content relevant the entire expac.
    This.

There is 0 reason to run Uldir.

People will still run BoD forever though since it drops 2 mounts.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

I also remember when during those times, all the "pro players" were vehemently against badges and called them cancer that gives welfare gear.
    And we still have that, it's just RNG now. Welfare gear never went away. Why do you think the community does Mythic +10's? Why do you think there are still players that don't progress into higher content and simply farm out easy modes for potential jackpots?

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    "hurr durr i miss grinding easy dungeons for way stronger items" post #2231341
    This sentiment dies with my ~400+ ilvl gear obtained by random chance off of world quests. VP gear was heroic item level.

Gear of a good item level is laughably easy to get in modern WoW, that's a big reason people want VP back. Somehow you're shortsighted enough that you think getting a single good piece of at the time heroic item level gear every two weeks is easier than just randomly completing solo content and regularly obtaining gear near the item level cap. That's a huge leap of logic.