Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Game was crap in Legion though. Because PVP gear was removed and you were forced to PVE. Also let me talk about the RNG. LFR dropped the same shit. The weekly mythic chest had crappier drop in comparison with the emissaries x4 dung drop. Also the ilvl requirements for mythics increased to the point they were asking for ilvl higher than the drop. LFR was the greatest crap ever though dropping gear only for some, my luck being gear lower than my equipped one or Artifact Power as bonus loot. That's why I left in 7.2 and never returned since.
    Last edited by Weallscream; 2019-03-18 at 06:32 AM.

Personally wish I had skipped doing these every week and just waited for the Nether Disruptors. Wasn't worth all the extra time since I just got bad legos out of them. Hindsight is 20/20 though. It wasn't really too enjoyable just grinding these every week for a chance at being able to do the same DPS as those more fortunate and spent a fraction of the time. There's a couple good meme videos out there of it.

If you want a good chunk of people to revisit older raids, they need pets/mounts/cosmetics to chase or theres not much reason to re-farm them.

I can imagine i'll be killing mythic jaina for the rest of the expansion as we sell jaina's mount, and i'll be running mekkatorque runs to try and get his.

I think the last time we had a reason to run old raids was MOP, after that the gear inflation each tier with added generous catch ups meant old raids became worthless as they needed more effort than solo catch ups for worse gear than these catch ups offered.

Legion was an abomination tbh, "world tour" raid groups asked you to basically have current next to top ilvl gear to even join, and the game should never promote a behaviour where you need to do content you vastly outgear and overgeared zergs phase out new / returning player runs.

Similar issue as with "daily heroic" badge runs in wotlk and late mop. It was queueable content but at the end of expansion a geared dps could solo them and it often devolved into degenerate experience for new people who actually wanted to see what the dungeon was about (they couldn't), or they would even end up being kicked for "slowing the group down". Absolutely horrendous implementation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    I can imagine i'll be killing mythic jaina for the rest of the expansion as we sell jaina's mount, and i'll be running mekkatorque runs to try and get his.
    One thing I don't understand about BODA is why they didn't implement "skip to last boss" or "skip to second half" quests that were a staple since Blackhand, basically asking you to redo the whole thing if you want to go for the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think the last time we had a reason to run old raids was MOP, after that the gear inflation each tier with added generous catch ups meant old raids became worthless as they needed more effort than solo catch ups for worse gear than these catch ups offered.

Legion was an abomination tbh, "world tour" raid groups asked you to basically have current next to top ilvl gear to even join, and the game should never promote a behaviour where you need to do content you vastly outgear and overgeared zergs phase out new / returning player runs.

Similar issue as with "daily heroic" badge runs in wotlk and late mop. It was queueable content but at the end of expansion a geared dps could solo them and it often devolved into degenerate experience for new people who actually wanted to see what the dungeon was about (they couldn't), or they would even end up being kicked for "slowing the group down". Absolutely horrendous implementation.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I don't understand about BODA is why they didn't implement "skip to last boss" or "skip to second half" quests that were a staple since Blackhand, basically asking you to redo the whole thing if you want to go for the mounts.
    Wasn't worth it in MoP to run old raids, lfr ToT > heroic toes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard was too lazy to do the whole "utility legendaries only" thing, so they just scrapped the system. With no RNG legendaries and no massive amounts of AP to farm it's just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's the Himalayas of hypocrisy that these same people are now claiming that badge systems would save this game.
    Isn't it though? Those systems were haaaaaaaaaaaaated at the time.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest