Is there such a thing as your opinion not mattering because of race?

As a heads up, I made this OP before I snagged a clip of Brie Larson talking about the racial breakdown of reviewers and saying movies aren't made for certain people for context. Feel free to link it if I don't follow up quick enough.

This thread is born because people say they'll have this conversation outside the movie board. This isn't to complain about her directly. This thread is hear to test the idea that if the opinions of someone on a movie can mean less because it isn't made for them, that it's a consistent idea.

Do the criticisms of action movies by women matter less because they aren't aimed towards them?

Should people not watch or review foreign language films if they don't speak the language?

Are there movies not made for minorities that their opinion on them matters less than the white audience member?

Of course not. And if you have ever started a sentence with "as a/an..." referring to your sex, race, orientation, then you are privileged. You are only stating that to gain some sort of advantage that society has given you. The opinions of white males, gay muslims, and female African americans all mean the same. If you want to differentiate based on one of those things, then you are the actual racist/sexist/homophobe because you are saying one is above the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, your false narrative is still false Dex. Let it go.
    Mmmm. Tasty. I noticed you actually didn't address the questions, Triggered Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When the question is based on a lie it’s hard to take it seriously. I notice you haven’t explained how what she said in any way indicates the horseshit you’re peddling.
    I'm looking for the full thing, not one of the edited ones so you won't get angrier. Besides, what's the source on your random block of text?

no , not at all , the only thing that matters is how rich you are

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    clearly, yes. I am always judged on this forum based on where i'm from. I'm from saudi arabia. So I must be barbaric misogynist male.
    Funny, that actually happened at Blizzard: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqp7gi
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Lmao, no. Someone that's an ethnic swede cannot possibly understand the discrimination you face not being white in sweden and they'll often say we're not discriminated against. You can safely disregard them because of not having to deal with such discrimination.
    We're not talking about discrimination. It's about who's opinion matters.

Like say a romantic comedy. Does my opinion matters less on them since men typically don't watch them?

As pointed out, topics about race aren't allowed on these forums.

Closing this here.