Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Did we really have direct portal to Shrine of Two Stars? I've always been using Jade Forest one. So, I don't feel any difference. Only good things, like when I need to get from Pandaland to WotLK Dalaran and back - I just need to make two steps from one portal to another.
    Yes, there was a direct portal in BI Dalaran next to the other capital portals.

Also forgot Caverns of time in my list. I don't know if the Shattrath port by talking to that one NPC is still working otherwise you'd have to fly from Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Yes, there was a direct portal in BI Dalaran next to the other capital portals.

Also forgot Caverns of time in my list. I don't know if the Shattrath port by talking to that one NPC is still working otherwise you'd have to fly from Uldum.
    It still works - but only if you are revered with Keepers of Time.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-03-18 at 12:37 PM. Reason: wrong rep level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Class design [in BfA] is the rickety bridge upon which it all lays, but the rest of it are the arthritic elephants with irritable bowel syndrome trying to cross it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The battle.net community cross-pollinated all of their titles. Gamers made friends on the battle.net social service and then it became a requirement to buy all the games and play them to hang out with friends. I can remember lots of times in the 1990s or early 2000s I wasn't sure if I wanted to play or not BUT because the group was doing a social activity across several different games like SC, D2 and War3 I wound up getting pulled in to hang out.

The WoW in-game community was like crack compared to modern retail because you had true server identity. Without phasing, sharding, and cross-realm, that meant you got to know people on your server. You ran into them frequently. Your guild tag became your prestigous item, and you worked to build up the reputation of your guild. That meant raids weren't JUST about your progression. While you were wiping 25x on the boss, you were getting reports from guilds close to you in progression. Maybe they just wiped again on the same boss. Maybe they just beat the boss you are on and pulled ahead. This DROVE players to push harder and compete. In modern retail, you have basically a global contest that feels so impersonal that it is irrelevant. If you aren't one of the top 5-6 guilds in the world, it doesn't matter. The "Hall of Fame" achievement is a joke because it doesn't drive players to compete and make each raid nite so damn interesting like back in the day.

Today, you just raid, maybe kill some bosses, maybe not, and that's it. No reports on what other guilds are doing. nothing. Maybe you get the Hall of Fame achievement which has no social component so its meaningless as well. Raiding today feels so shallow compared to vanilla. And I think if they can rebuild true server identity again in Classic, they can recapture that and make raiding feel a lot more interesting again.

I'm not sure where you are coming from, talking about how players are assholes in both retail and private servers. That has nothing to do with what made the game so much better back in vanilla and BC.

Today they do things like ELO chess ratings of some variation in Overwatch which is so terrible and impersonal, bland, boring and doesn't feel like it means anything. Before it was all about competing in smaller groups which made it a lot better because smaller groups can be social.
    Up until BFA my server still had that on server push for what the other guilds were doing? Until about Helya? And I was making a comment about how the community back then was sooo much better than it is now. It is one of the things that people tout so much about when talking about Vanilla. You always hear how there weren't assholes because what you did mattered. And if you were an ass you were basically rejected for all content. Ninja loot? GL getting into that Molten Core again.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    The good ol' Blizzard spirit has been killed by Activision.

They have to leave them ASAP and become independant again.
    So back to their Silicon and Synapse days?
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right