1. #1

    Blood Contracts -- any good?

    The 8.1.5 inscription "tool of the trade" allows creation of blood contracts, which are consumables that summon essentially a WoD/Legion-style bodyguard for 4 hours. I'm about to level a mage and priest through BFA and would love a tank pet. Has anyone tested these out yet? Nothing much on Wowhead.

    Tank: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292320...act-bloodguard
    Heal: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=259665...ract-sacrifice
    Bursty DPS: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292322...tract-oblivion
    DoT DPS: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292012...ract-bloodshed

  2. #2
    I expect most wont bother since the green ink is way too useful for actually making gold. It's a large fail on Blizzard for not just using red/blue.

  3. #3
    green ink is way too useful for actually making gold..

  4. #4
    That's a shame. Yeah, I've never seen one sold. Even searching on Illidan, typically one of the highest population realms, I don't see a single blood contract.

    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...ood%20contract

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a shame. Yeah, I've never seen one sold. Even searching on Illidan, typically one of the highest population realms, I don't see a single blood contract.

    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...ood%20contract
    That's because it isn't an item that goes into your inventory, you "craft" it and it immediately gives you a buff instead of producing an item.
    Signature not found

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    That's because it isn't an item that goes into your inventory, you "craft" it and it immediately gives you a buff instead of producing an item.
    I assume it doesn't work in dungeons and raid... right? Typically it's like bodyguard..IF it dies, does it revive back or you have to reapply buff again to summon?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    That's because it isn't an item that goes into your inventory, you "craft" it and it immediately gives you a buff instead of producing an item.
    Is that right? Wowhead datamined actual items. Are you saying you created one yourself and that's how it works?

    https://www.wowhead.com/item=156637/...act-bloodguard

    If so that's a real shame, they could have made inscription a worthwhile profession for a bit.

    @trapmaster: Yes the idea is they work like WoD/Legion bodyguards. From wowhead comments, they do come back after dying.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? Wowhead datamined actual items. Are you saying you created one yourself and that's how it works?
    Well to be more accurate they are actual items but they function like the mission rep tokens and assault xp tokens in that they're automatically used when created so you never really get the item. That's how they functioned when I made them.
    Signature not found

  9. #9
    Ahh. What a bummer. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The 8.1.5 inscription "tool of the trade" allows creation of blood contracts, which are consumables that summon essentially a WoD/Legion-style bodyguard for 4 hours. I'm about to level a mage and priest through BFA and would love a tank pet. Has anyone tested these out yet? Nothing much on Wowhead.

    Tank: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292320...act-bloodguard
    Heal: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=259665...ract-sacrifice
    Bursty DPS: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292322...tract-oblivion
    DoT DPS: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=292012...ract-bloodshed
    I play a tank with inscription (for those rogue-less tol dagors) and I use the bloodshed one when I do wq's and incursions.
    The pet actualldy does 45-50% of my damage. It is a really nice addition to speed up my outdoor killings and I will regurarly use it from now on.

    For the other ones I can't comment, haven't tried them yet.

  11. #11
    Huge shame they can't be sold. Scribes could make a ton of money selling the tank one to levelers, if it's comparable to the WoD/Legion tank bodyguards. I'd have no problem paying 5k gold per scroll myself.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Huge shame they can't be sold. Scribes could make a ton of money selling the tank one to levelers, if it's comparable to the WoD/Legion tank bodyguards. I'd have no problem paying 5k gold per scroll myself.
    It should be a thing to make some money... i don't see why not?

  13. #13
    Yeah, I find leveling my mage and priest so annoying without a tank pet that I'm just doing them through Islands and (next week) Timewalking instead. The mage is too squishy, and on the priest both shadow and disc take an enormous amount of time to kill single mobs, is too squishy pulling multiples as shadow, and takes forever to kill multiples as disc.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I find leveling my mage and priest so annoying without a tank pet that I'm just doing them through Islands and (next week) Timewalking instead. The mage is too squishy, and on the priest both shadow and disc take an enormous amount of time to kill single mobs, is too squishy pulling multiples as shadow, and takes forever to kill multiples as disc.
    Offtopic but Islands for leveling are a nightmare as Priest/Mage unless you get lucky with a tank or overpowered Melee in your team.

  15. #15
    It isn't great, but I haven't found them to be a huge problem so long as I only attack mobs that are already damaged. On the priest I've just been doing it as disc.

  16. #16
    The heal one is great but not at the best for urself pulling so much mobs and expected heal from ur npc. Was kinda hoping it would be resto druid npc hots me 24/7 heals =(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •