Poll: You choose to...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Unkillable and immortal doesn't make you all-powerful.
    Yes it does. on a planet of near 8 billion people who are, who is going to to stop me?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yes it does. on a planet of near 8 billion people who are, who is going to to stop me?
    Anyone with a pair of strong arms?
    Tie you up and seal you in concrete...chuck you in the Marianas Trench...you won't die, but you're not the Hulk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a pair of strong arms?
    Tie you up and seal you in concrete...chuck you in the Marianas Trench...you won't die, but you're not the Hulk...
    Hahaha yeah NO, first off if I am immortal and unkillable nobody is getting close enough to do any of that shit to begin with, and the tools that could be used, while I am unkillable millions of others are not. I would be a fucking god

Hahaha yeah NO, first off if I am immortal and unkillable nobody is getting close enough to do any of that shit to begin with, and the tools that could be used, while I am unkillable millions of others are not. I would be a fucking god
    You have to sleep sometime...and you can be overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to sleep sometime...and you can be overwhelmed.
    Good thinking about the sleep, but do you honestly think with millions and millions of easily lead idiots, that I wouldn't gather a mass following of a super cult status, there are those that would watch my back and easily die in my name sake, just to move forward the world free of corruption, and violence and never ending bloodshed. I am not talking about hippies either.

I am talking about nations, being immortal and unkillable as I said would make me also unstoppable.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-03-21 at 04:00 AM.

Good thinking about the sleep, but do you honestly think with millions and millions of easily lead idiots, that I wouldn't gather a mass following of a super cult status, there are those that would watch my back and easily die in my name sake, just to move forward the world free of corruption, and violence and never ending bloodshed. I am not talking about hippies either.

I am talking about nations, being immortal and unkillable as I said would make me also unstoppable.
    You're just adding stuff now
    I suppose it's all in fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just adding stuff now
    I suppose it's all in fun though.
    Hahaha true, You're just like GOD DAMN, shit Yeah I'd pick number 3 too, because as sad as it seems, it is somewhat true.

This is all fantasy obviously 3 being the most improbable of all, but come on if you picked number 3, what are you going do Shadowferal. You can't be killed, you live forever, you saying you are just going to go back to living like a normal person.

Play, WoW, obey the laws, sit idle by while you have the ability to do something no other human could do.

We might dramatically disagree on method, but I'll bet I am not the only one who would pick three who could turn out to make Stalin and Hitler look like trial run.

There is a reason that option is winning, truth is we are all vicious monkeys

This is all fantasy obviously 3 being the most improbable of all, but come on if you picked number 3, what are you going do Shadowferal. You can't be killed, you live forever, you saying you are just going to go back to living like a normal person.
    Probably.
    Drawing attention to yourself is a bad bet. A government would have you playing lab rat...poke, prod, pull you apart, and you probably would feel all of it, even as they kept you caged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably.
    Drawing attention to yourself is a bad bet. A government would have you playing lab rat...poke, prod, pull you apart, and you probably would feel all of it, even as they kept you caged.
    You could be correct too, but I don't think so, and I am not calling myself special either, if it were you, my bet would be the same thing, you would be unstoppable and a god. You likely lived long enough and know enough not to simply stand still or do nothing while being immortal and unkillable.

My more overall point outside of the silly notion is that that much power in general is just not good, because I am being completely honest about my aims. Not to sound edgy or an edgelord, but most human beings feel powerless, even those with more means than others.

So you put that kind of ability on anyone, Houston we are going to have a problem.

Oh and going by what you said, that is also another reason you would likely turn into a monster, we both know being human beings, humans would fear you, and try to do exactly everything you are talking about.

That above everything, including the other options is the problem with HUMANITY.

It's very likely why we have the shit load of problems we all have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You have a superpower so rare and powerful that it can only be used once and then it’s gone forever. You can do one of four things with this power:

1.) Cure all types of cancer and auto immune diseases in existence.
    2.) End all forms of poverty in existence.
    3.) Make yourself unkillable and immortal.
    4.) End all forms of life in the existence.
    1. What if the cure is to turn everyone into robots? I'm not sure I want that.
    2. What if the cure is to kill everyone? I'm not sure I want that.
    3. What if I still age? In 1000 years, am I still alive but just a bubbling, gurgling biomass on the floor, unable to die and in tremendous pain?
    4. What if it doesn't end immediately but slowly, meaning all forms of life suffer horrendous torture for billions of years before dying?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I wish there was a selfish option other than immortality. I'll have to go with #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of option 3, some billions of years later, floating naked through space as every particle around you gets further and further apart. Boy would I wish to be able to die by then

Op 2 sounds like it could come bundled with a negative twist. Imagine if everyone but a million people just died. Resources in abundance! Poverty solved for a while!

Op 4 would certainly solve everything ever but it wouldn't be enjoyed by anyone ;P

So option 1 is the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 People want to be Thanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't wanna be immortal. Would be fun for a while but...
    We got a lot of rotten human beings, but even more good people. So end all life is also a no.
    Qatar is going to WASTE $220 BILLION on the 2022 world cup... Money that can help with both poverty (Not end it ofc but it can help... A LOT) and go to reaserch for cancer and diseases.
    But I feel like I'm gonna go with #1 mainly because I'm selfish. I don't wanna die because of cancer, I don't want any of my friends or family get cancer and die.
    I am not affected of poverty, so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

10 People want to be Thanos.
    Thanos wanted to kill half the universe... not everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well I don't wanna be immortal. Would be fun for a while but...
    We got a lot of rotten human beings, but even more good people. So end all life is also a no.
    Qatar is going to WASTE $220 BILLION on the 2022 world cup... Money that can help with both poverty (Not end it ofc but it can help... A LOT) and go to reaserch for cancer and diseases.
    But I feel like I'm gonna go with #1 mainly because I'm selfish. I don't wanna die because of cancer, I don't want any of my friends or family get cancer and die.
    I am not affected of poverty, so yeah.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanos wanted to kill half the universe... not everyone.
    Ok some over achievers I guess. Or maybe people in a really really dark place in life.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Option 1 and 2 are noble.
    Option 3 is selfish.
    Option 4 is for maniacs.
    All other options can eventually be accomplished by being immortal and unkillable, however.

The problem with ending all hunger or cancer or all diseases or any of that stuff is that it just raises the baseline, and in many ways, just creates more problems. If less people die via natural causes of disease or hunger, then overpopulation becomes a problem.

However, if you're immortal and unkillable, you can become a pool of knowledge, wisdom, ability, and power. These things would eventually mean that you could master enough fields and accumulate enough resources to solve ANY problem. When time and money and the threat of eventual death stops being a factor in your thinking, your potential becomes unlimited.

Anyone who doesn't pick option 3 is an well-intentioned idiot.(except option 4, which is pointless).

Immortal?
    That doesn't mean eternal youth...imagine that, after a century....you won't have any power when you're too old to move.

Immortal?
    That doesn't mean eternal youth...imagine that, after a century....you won't have any power when you're too old to move.
    That sort of misses the entire purpose of "immortality". If your body breaks down to the point where you can't do anything, then you're effectively dead. And why would just the body break down and not the brain as well?

The real question we should be asking is: What form does the immortality take? Is it eternal youth, with instantly regenerating cells like Wolverine? Or is it more like Altered Carbon or Ghost in the Shell, where a person's memories and personality can be copied infinitely and re-downloaded into a new body at will?

We get into questions of the soul. Does it even exist? Is there some quality beyond just data that defines and perpetuated who you are? Personally I'd be more comfortable not having to risk that, and just having eternal youth with an unkillable body. But if it's all just data, you can do things like copying yourself to remote locations, or being in more than one place at a time.