Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It is silly for that quest to still be a requirement. I helped some rando on trade char with it a couple of weeks ago. However, someone did make a good point...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Btw, if you're not even max level then it's not outdated content.. you are only 5 levels above that content.. a content that is made for raid grps..
    It's technically not outdated content for you so seems you'll have to suck it up and look for a group or just throw the question on trade or yell in a city. Someone might help you out.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the mods close all kinds of threads but this dipshit post is still alive?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I don't get it either
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I decided to push to 120 and do it then... I guess it’s the only way I can do it solo so I am taking advice from these folks.

I am sorry for being frustrated, but I don’t appreciate being called a dipshit for expressing my concerns. Posting here was a mistake- maybe I’m not the right kind of player for these forums. I can’t even bring up a simple issue without being ripped into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    Is it that unreasonable and childish to want to do outdated content by yourself, though? Logical question.
    It's not unreasonable, but if a person can't -- then they can't. Drawing this line in the sand and saying -- "I refuse to group up because I should be able to do this on my own", comes across as extremely childish.

I mean, I get it.. people want what they want, that's fine, three year old me was the same way. But to get to the point where a person needs to vent when there is an alternative path is silly.

Obviously a person could argue that they prefer the "challenge" of doing it by themselves... If that's the case then accept the challenge.

I apologize for sounding childish. I really do. But I'm just a little irritated at the moment. I wish I didn't have to do this stupid quest. It just seems a bit absurd to me. But I suppose I'll find a damned group for it so I can unlock my allied races and kill off this character for good.

EDIT: Checked the Group Finder.. Nobody is doing the quest. I guess I'll make my own group and pray for a like-minded individual..
    Ignoring all the other things (5 more levels really wouldn't be hard even if you are planning on dumping the character and would likely make most of them soloable), check the Achievements Discord. They always have groups forming for various achievements, especially ones that aren't easily soloable. Even if there isn't one right now, you could probably find someone who also needs it/is willing to help you with it in there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to push to 120 and do it then... I guess it’s the only way I can do it solo so I am taking advice from these folks.

I am sorry for being frustrated, but I don’t appreciate being called a dipshit for expressing my concerns. Posting here was a mistake- maybe I’m not the right kind of player for these forums. I can’t even bring up a simple issue without being ripped into.
    To clarify, I wasn't calling you a dipshit, I was calling your post such. Easy to confuse, but yeah. Figured I'd let you know that. And I'm sure you will realize this post was bad when you're not so frustrated
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It's an issue in your head and yours alone.
    Filing this in "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer"

So was all that bitching worth it? Took you less than 3 hours to do.

Is it that unreasonable and childish to want to do outdated content by yourself, though? Logical question.
    It's unreasonable and childish to keep insisting on doing something in a way that clearly isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, you guys are being hostile about this. Look, I know I was a bit aggravated but all I'm really saying is that it makes zero sense for that quest to be mandatory when Invasion Points are optional content. Why can't you just skip ahead to the next part with Turalyon instead of having to deal with that? It's outdated content and I feel like removing this particular hurdle would make farming for the allied races a little easier.

I don't even know why I bother asking for advice here when I'm going to get ripped into. Again, I'm sorry for the stupidity but people say dumb shit when they're frustrated. I guess I was just hoping someone else understood, that's all.

Jesus Christ, you guys are being hostile about this. Look, I know I was a bit aggravated but all I'm really saying is that it makes zero sense for that quest to be mandatory when Invasion Points are optional content.
    So are allied races. You don't need to unlock them.

Jesus Christ, you guys are being hostile about this. Look, I know I was a bit aggravated but all I'm really saying is that it makes zero sense for that quest to be mandatory when Invasion Points are optional content. Why can't you just skip ahead to the next part with Turalyon instead of having to deal with that? It's outdated content and I feel like removing this particular hurdle would make farming for the allied races a little easier.

I don't even know why I bother asking for advice here when I'm going to get ripped into. Again, I'm sorry for the stupidity but people say dumb shit when they're frustrated. I guess I was just hoping someone else understood, that's all.
    They clearly aren't optional content for the quest chain you're trying to do.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Can't you just level to 120? You are already halfway there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some sleep and a jumbo-sized cup of coffee and thought hard about this.

I am gonna cut my losses when it comes to Argus. The present character will do Suramar and Highmountain but I will level my new warrior to 120 and solo the stuff with him- since I will be progressing to endgame with him.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I expect a negative, "suck it up and git gud" type of response to this. But I have never been this pissed off at WoW before and I need to vent.

Who the fuck made this mandatory, and why is still a requirement in almost 8.2? It is impossible to solo at my level (115) and it is preventing me from getting the Lightforged/Void Elf unlock. I refuse to group for outdated content- what the hell am I supposed to do?
    Many people soloed it at 110. You should be able to do it at the level you are and certainly at 120.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-03-16 at 10:27 PM.

I had some sleep and a jumbo-sized cup of coffee and thought hard about this.

I am gonna cut my losses when it comes to Argus. The present character will do Suramar and Highmountain but I will level my new warrior to 120 and solo the stuff with him- since I will be progressing to endgame with him.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
    I was deeply offended, triggered and hashtagged....just kidding, another option is to put up gold to pay somebody with a high ilevel to help you with it. Sounds weird but I hate begging people to spend there time to help me on a quest without anything but a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Many people soloed it at 110. You should be able to do it at the level you are and certainly at 120.
    Excluding the fact 115 characters in levelling gear are weaker than 110s during Legion in Antorus gear. Why do you think DH 110 twinks are so popular for island / freehold boosting if not because they're so much stronger than a normal levelling character...

If you realized your thread was stupid, why did you still post it?

People still do invasions, there's no problem in finding a group.

And if you don't want to, just reach 120 and solo it, not a problem either.

It's a literal non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you realized your thread was stupid, why did you still post it?

People still do invasions, there's no problem in finding a group.

And if you don't want to, just reach 120 and solo it, not a problem either.

It's a literal non-issue.
    I apologized for offending people with this non-issue. I was tired and frustrated and banging my head on a metaphorical wall because I couldn’t think of an easier way out of it. And now that I am more awake I came up with a better one that works for me.