View Poll Results: How invested are you personally in fighting climate change?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

28 22.76%
  • I would be willing to cut my driving in half

24 19.51%
  • I would be willing to have power cut 4 hours a day

9 7.32%
  • No, such programs are not for me, let someone else do it

62 50.41%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What? Who gets a 1000 dollar allowance?? What kids did you know? My parents wouldn't even let me get WoW sub for 15 dollars a month. All I got was stuff for Christmas or birthday.
    Who is talking solely about allowance?

Kids have jobs, you know,,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Reminds me of the South Park about the Iraq War protest

If there's one thing I don't care about, it's the opinions of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Who is talking solely about allowance?

Kids have jobs, you know,,
    https://www.childtrends.org/indicators/youth-employment

Kids enrolled in high school have a 20% employment rate. That is certainly not the average.

Kids who have no life experience want to change the world. these are also the same people who think you can identify as a wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.childtrends.org/indicators/youth-employment

Kids enrolled in high school have a 20% employment rate. That is certainly not the average.
    Maybe "over there".. But in Europe, it's probably 75-80% who have a job..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

I think kids in high school should focus on school and only have a job during the summer. I think it's sad that kids in your country feel that they have to have a job. You are only a kid once. Plenty of years to be employed after school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think kids in high school should focus on school and only have a job during the summer. I think it's sad that kids in your country feel that they have to have a job. You are only a kid once. Plenty of years to be employed after school.
    It's not about what kids should or shouldn't do. It's about what is already done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Few people will be willing to have thier comfort of living cut in order to do, well anything really.
    Shocking, I know, isn't it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yeah, most of the kids involved are just skipping class to skip class. The ones that aren't and actually believe the world is ending are just kids that have been influenced by their teachers / parents to think so. The day I look at kids to make policy then decisions is the day the country is doomed anyway.

I could easily cut power 4 hours a day while I am at work, not a big deal.

Side note, my next home will be 100% self sufficient and all theses suckers who lose power during huge storms will be envious of my power!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Shocking, I know, isn't it?
    Not at all. But there are still things you can do. Ignoring the problem is hardly helping either.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    lol I know I skipped every day I could find an excuse for in HS, hope those kids had fun out there! XD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me that these kids don't understand just how little impact they have on the environment until they become adults. When you have to own a car and commute everywhere, or try to raise a family and you need a vehicle, maybe then they can actually protest a need for things like more public transit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I could easily cut power 4 hours a day while I am at work, not a big deal.

Side note, my next home will be 100% self sufficient and all theses suckers who lose power during huge storms will be envious of my power!
    Meanwhile the government will tax the shit out of you for it. As soon as you even think of going off the grid, you will get taxed even though you are generating your own power.

According to most kids, the following is the list of things that need to be done to combat climate change:

1. Something

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Meanwhile the government will tax the shit out of you for it. As soon as you even think of going off the grid, you will get taxed even though you are generating your own power.
    Well, in Canada they don't tax you extra because it is against the law to go fully off the grid. I would have to be connected to it, but you can have an auto switching circuit that ticks over to your home storage when the grid goes down automatically which is the simplest solution. Also we cannot have the solar panels on the house since most insurance companies won't insure a house with solar due to fire hazard which is complete bs if it is done correctly, so it will be a solar unit in the yard that plugs into the house.

It does suck to have to work around it but you can do it, I know people who have done it with the work around and after like 10 years it has paid for itself and you can sell power back to the grid during peak hours and make a pretty penny.

"A day off is a day off"

~billy on climate change age 17.

Yeah no, even ''over here'' youth employment is not in the average, even in Denmark.
    And for europe as whole, we're probably gonna average at the same rate as the US.

Latest statistics from denmark show that 34% total employment rate in the age bracket 13-17, with girls rate being 33%, and boys 29%.
    The employment rates are highest in the rural parts of western jutland (the islands, and popular vacation spots is up there as well), lowest employment rates on zealand, and in big cities.
    They are working on average (2016 numbers) 9,5 hours per week.
    If we take the most common occupied jobs for people in this bracket (grocery stores, making up 32,1% of all youth employment), they have an average pay of 66DKK/hr (roughly 10usd/hr, numbers taken from 3F union agreement).

At an average of 9,5hrs a week, they're gonna sit @ 381USD per month, before taxes and ATP (ATP paid if you work more than 9hrs on average per week).

The employment rate for people in the age bracket 18-25, sits at 62-65%, dependant on what specific age you pick. this pools everybody, despite background and occupation in the same pool, so that means people with a skilled trade, APs and PBAs (trades join the work force from 19, APs and PBAs from 21) is in the same pool and students.

In no age bracket is 80% employment rate reached, but the closest is 78% in the bracket 41-46

Statistics on youth employment in denmark, published by the state statistics, late 2018

Claiming that young people have the most disposable income and are the primus motor in consumption of luxuries is a very bold and misleading; it's the people in adult workforce that has more disposable income, and higher consumption of luxury goods.
    If you go to the statistics page about consumption and tick off everything that could be considered a luxury, you'll find that the sub-30 group uses less in all of the categories when compared to the ages up to, and including 60 (excluded older as that's when people start to retire).
    If you compare total consumption, 30-59 bracket consumes 1.8x more (result in dkk) than the sub-30.
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-03-19 at 06:50 PM.