Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Minimal changes to classes. The awful "class fantasy" Legion changes are here to stay and they've already said that. They'll come up with a new post level cap grinding system again, maybe one where you pick a trait to unlock and get AP to learn it or something since that would be a mix of the last two AP systems.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    If Classic WoW is successful enough, I'll be curious to see if it has any impact on the next expansion. If it is incredibly successful, I imagine Blizzard would be taking a hard look at what it has that current WoW doesn't, and maybe they'd start applying some of those things to current WoW.

I don't think Titanforging is going away, unfortunately. I personally hate Titanforging, but Blizzard currently seems pretty stubborn about continuing with it, so yeah. I'm really hoping they bring back tier gear and don't do anything like the Azerite system ever again (I'm probably dreaming on that one though).

Mission tables....meh. I don't feel strongly one way or another about them, as long as they never again become as important to the game as they were in WoD. I think mission tables should just be optional side things you can do to get a little extra gold or such if you want, but they shouldn't be required at all. Clicking a button then waiting 8 hours to see what I got isn't a gameplay style I'm fond of.

I'm okay with WQs and don't mind if they stick around. They get repetitive and boring to me after I've been doing the same ones for a while, but they're at least something to do.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-17 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well we know the end game is the the Void/Void lords ... I 'm not sure where the Old Gods fit in that narrative though (since N' Zoth is the last old god ) ... but since Blizz likes to borrow a lot of story telling/plots from their other franchises:

- we will "go to" the Void and fight them , much like Kerrigan went to the Void to fight Amon in Starcraft 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    ofcourse not, but its pretty easy to understand what he means. Our characters are have been stripped of everything that made them intresting that we are almost as simple as 4 button moba characters

- - - Updated - - -

not really
    If you mean getting some of the choices back we had in legion, then I agree..

Fleshed out classes
    Player housing (or some sort of alternate character progression outside of just numbers)
    Expanded warfront systems / islands
    WQ revamp

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World Quests and Emissaries - Adds reason to travel the World/Login
    Artifact Power - No brainer. Keeps people logging in to Grind and MAUs up
    Mission Table - Not as guaranteed as AP/WQs but I think it will still be there in some shape. Hopefully less generic than this Expansion
    Mythic+ - Will be here for as long as WoW has Dungeons now
    Invasions/Zone Attacks - Been popular since the Legion pre-event, good for Alts and World PVP

Not expecting Islands or Warfronts to return right now. Islands are very random and disliked by lots of people. Darkshore Warfront is a snoozefest and Arathi was better but I don't see the concept in 9.0. I think Allied Races or Racial Customization may be added more in game as we've seen with Allied Races and Night Elven eyes this Expansion. Would expect the Void Elves/LF Draenei/HM Tauren and Nightborne to have their unlock requirements removed with 9.0 as well but DI Dwarves/Mag'har/KT Humans/Zandalari and the upcoming ones (8.2.5 - Vulpera/Mechagnomes plus likely 8.3.5 ones)
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Mission Table - Not as guaranteed as AP/WQs but I think it will still be there in some shape. Hopefully less generic than this Expansion
    Invasions/Zone Attacks - Been popular since the Legion pre-event, good for Alts and World PVP

Not expecting Islands or Warfronts to return right now. Islands are very random and disliked by lots of people. Darkshore Warfront is a snoozefest and Arathi was better but I don't see the concept in 9.0. I think Allied Races or Racial Customization may be added more in game as we've seen with Allied Races and Night Elven eyes this Expansion. Would expect the Void Elves/LF Draenei/HM Tauren and Nightborne to have their unlock requirements removed with 9.0 as well but DI Dwarves/Mag'har/KT Humans/Zandalari and the upcoming ones (8.2.5 - Vulpera/Mechagnomes plus likely 8.3.5 ones)
    They should keep islands and warfronts and expand upon them. Blizz keeps throwing new ideas and when the first iteration doesn't stick, they scrap it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post

id have no problem with wq if it wasnt used for reputations
    AP and everything related to it should just be destryoed, but as you said it forces people to log in everyday, hwoever id argue its done the opposite to some people like me, i quit.
    mission tables are so artificial thats its jsut painful, they need to be removed
    m+ would be better of as a challenge modes but thats never happening

10+ Year Old Account
    So im just curious what people think the next expansion will be like. Now im NOT talking about theme but rather the gameplay ie; the systems.

Do you think that we will see YET AGAIN systems like the mission table? Will wq come back? Will there be some form of AP whether it be another artifact piece like heart of azeroth or just some form of AP resource? Will gear progression continue as it is?
    First, I'll start with your questions, then expand from there. Mission Tables I think will come back in some form, Blizz likes them too much as a storytelling/mobile market system for them not to return in some fashion. I doubt it'll be gated or huge, but it'll be there I suspect. World Quests will still likely be around as will emissaries, though they may wind up giving lesser rewards so they don't feel as grindy. But as they are a welcome change over dailies, I suspect they'll still be around. We'll also have some sort of new AP-grinding setup, though it'll likely be closer to the trait tree/active ability setup of Legion than the passive pit of BfA. Gear progression I think will mostly also stay the same, though I suspect Titanforging/Warforging will get minimized if for no other reason than the PR benefit.

I also suspect M+ will be sticking around, especially with MDI growing more and more each year. They represent the best e-sport WoW has thus far, Blizz would be foolish to get rid of it rather than fix and improve it.

As for the new stuff to come, a new class is an almost certainty based on Blizz's past and the marketing appeal. Blizz will also likely bring back abilities rather than take them away, which is likely what the new AP system will be for (half wonder if the 8.2 Azerite update is meant to be a test for this). The new AI system will almost certainly get some sort of massive spotlight as well, perhaps with some sort of solo 5-man dungeon setup or solo arena thing or a new bodyguard system.

Finally, I suspect we'll actually see some professions either get a rework or get eliminated. First Aid has not been missed by many if any and it feels like there are a few other professions that Blizz just doesn't know fully what to do with. Jewelcrafting unfortunately seems high on the "what do we do with this" list at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    First, I'll start with your questions, then expand from there. Mission Tables I think will come back in some form, Blizz likes them too much as a storytelling/mobile market system for them not to return in some fashion. I doubt it'll be gated or huge, but it'll be there I suspect. World Quests will still likely be around as will emissaries, though they may wind up giving lesser rewards so they don't feel as grindy. But as they are a welcome change over dailies, I suspect they'll still be around. We'll also have some sort of new AP-grinding setup, though it'll likely be closer to the trait tree/active ability setup of Legion than the passive pit of BfA. Gear progression I think will mostly also stay the same, though I suspect Titanforging/Warforging will get minimized if for no other reason than the PR benefit.

I also suspect M+ will be sticking around, especially with MDI growing more and more each year. They represent the best e-sport WoW has thus far, Blizz would be foolish to get rid of it rather than fix and improve it.

As for the new stuff to come, a new class is an almost certainty based on Blizz's past and the marketing appeal. Blizz will also likely bring back abilities rather than take them away, which is likely what the new AP system will be for (half wonder if the 8.2 Azerite update is meant to be a test for this). The new AI system will almost certainly get some sort of massive spotlight as well, perhaps with some sort of solo 5-man dungeon setup or solo arena thing or a new bodyguard system.

Finally, I suspect we'll actually see some professions either get a rework or get eliminated. First Aid has not been missed by many if any and it feels like there are a few other professions that Blizz just doesn't know fully what to do with. Jewelcrafting unfortunately seems high on the "what do we do with this" list at this point.
    yea ur probably right on all those things as much as i dont like it
    and the thing with jewel crafting, the problem is because gem slots are blocked behind titanforges and rng, it used to be that all good gear had gem slots, but times really do change... (and not always for the better)

Im thinking something to do with the Nerubians and Northrend

Void Elf Paladins please. There is one in Boralus, now gimme!

WQs will stay, character progression more like artifact wep will replace current system.

Protip: They will add raids and some dungeons in the new expansion. Fairly certain.

worst case scenario

- Less spells
    - Linear rotations
    - Mission Tables having some type of farmable "token" to be able to respawn WQs sooner

and... Wow on mobile, with the proven 3D games already that can be run on smartphones/tablets like fortnite as this systems are more powerfull now, Blizzard current stance with mobile games and how WOW is already almost easy to run on a console and mobile because of the systems pruning that they have been doing since MoP its really possible that console/mobile its a possibility and even more streamlined Wow come to live

but hey, worst case scenario, not saying that will happen but how its Blizzard now this is possible

2 years ago i would laugh at this post but with this new Blizzard....

Void Elf Paladins would be badarse I also look the idea of the tinker class Junker Gnomes can die in a fire though

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If Classic WoW is successful enough, I'll be curious to see if it has any impact on the next expansion. If it is incredibly successful, I imagine Blizzard would be taking a hard look at what it has that current WoW doesn't, and maybe they'd start applying some of those things to current WoW.
    One thing to keep in mind is the development cycle. The next addon and its systems are probably already set in stone at the point classic goes live.
    If the next gameplay system flops like azerite we may see some influence midway in the next addon but i don't think any sooner than that.

Other than the things already mentioned i hope for real rare mobs again. They keep talking about the timeless isle but never implemented systems that made it fun in the first place.
    Im sick of "rare" mobs that have to respawn every minute because all of them are used for world quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully, less dailies, weeklies, chests, locks, prof cooldowns, other cooldowns.

some people maybe not have a problem being told how often to login, and what to do while in...
    but i dislike it very much, and like to follow my own schedule without being punished.

the amount of work for somethign should be standard,
    and you should be allowed to put in that work whenever you like, instead of little by little every day.

also, no more of that "limited time offer bundle" crap on fuckin digital content.

in short, dont treat customers like cattle and retards.

for features, make WoW more like ESO and GW2,
    and less like... that boring repetitive crap. not to mention you're never in any danger.
    add stuff to explore and discover. add riddles and jumping puzzles.
    less back and forth archaic pickup-deliver questing.

if we're talking about more precise ideas...
    i'd love to see the tinker class.
    and hopefully, wildhammers and ogres... at some point.

as for the theme...
    i'd love to have a defeated vengeful Sylvanas flee on the other hemisphere,
    at the forbidding sea, and have an expansion there.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-03-17 at 08:57 PM.

I am 100% convinced that the next expansion will suck as much as BfA, Legion, MoP, Cata and WOTLK did before it. WoD has somehow gained status saying it didn't suck.

On the forums, that is.

As for the game itself, I hope they'll add new spells, rework the gameplay of my class and polish it further based on constructive feedback given by the top players of the class. I hope they'll give us more talents and stop this system of having items outside of the class provide the new gameplay. Make it something we work towards on a character level, not from RNG item drops, if that makes sense.

Hoping for improved animations all around. The game still needs tons of them, just look at how horses animate. It's laughable.

M+ will remain which is good imo.

I hope they'll return World Quests to what they were last expansion, or try some new system of offering daily content. With that some new method of gaining reputation.

I really wish they'd let us be in guilds/parties cross-faction. Some elements could remain such as races of the factions not being allowed to enter cities of the other, and a neutral expansion hub.

New races are probably not happening but never say never, I would hope for Ogres then.

New class: Tinker. I wish they'd give it a pure Support spec and role but unlikely, the holy trinity is too ingrained.

Scary stuff! Lots of Old God, Dark Empire, tying into Scourge (we all know it's headed there) etc.

Underwater physics and exploration, utilize the LOADS of underwater areas that this game has. I don't like GW2 in many aspects and think this game is better the less similar it is to that game, BUT: Underwater physics and exploration was amazing in GW2.

Obv what he means is that we went from like 35 spells to 10 or 15ish and along the way almost all rpg aspects of the game dissapeared. All it is now is just 'fast combat'
    You and he do not arbitrarily decide what constitutes an RPG or not. Same with people claiming it's no longer an MMO because they aren't playing it with others.

I can speak for myself but I'm using the same amount of spells in combat now as I did when I first started playing 10 years ago Same amount of buttons keybound. Having 35 spells =/= having 35 spells used regularly in combat situations.

And if you just play it for "fast combat", that's a choice. The general RPG elements of story, character progression, collections, different classes, specs, a world etc are all still there.

- - - Updated - - -

ofcourse not, but its pretty easy to understand what he means. Our characters are have been stripped of everything that made them intresting that we are almost as simple as 4 button moba characters

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure which class and spec you play, but my spec is generally made fun of for being the simplest and I have my bars keybound and as active now as 10 years ago.

You people just hyperbole the shit out of this. Said hyperbole is of no use for actual feedback, which class design for sure demands considering the way classes play. No, it's not due to "numbah of abilities", but synergy and gameplay mechanics.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-17 at 09:05 PM.

Level squish, HEAVY CLASS AND SYSTEMS DESIGN. the rest can be anything.

Probably some kind of Lich King retread with more of the same kind of self destructive crap we have been seeing. I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if Blizzard turned it around even a little bit but they just keep doubling down on stupid fails like the mission table, LFR, sharding, cross realm zones, and the elimination of so many class abilities. Since they lost so much talent and leadership in Metzen and Morhaime and all the talent that came to work with them, they just don't have the high ceiling they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Probably some kind of Lich King retread with more of the same kind of self destructive crap we have been seeing. I would definitely be pleasantly surprised if Blizzard turned it around even a little bit but they just keep doubling down on stupid fails like the mission table, LFR, sharding, cross realm zones, and the elimination of so many class abilities. Since they lost so much talent and leadership in Metzen and Morhaime and all the talent that came to work with them, they just don't have the high ceiling they used to.
    Stupid fails to you =/= "stupid fails" from player behaviour and participation data.

Player behaviour shapes the game more than anything.
    And it was only a matter of time before people extended the saint-status to those 2 after so many years of them being literally behind anything bad and none of the good I guess.