Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My hopes? Old World Revamp to make every zone in the game somewhat relevant post-leveling and update the lore in each of them. It's almost been 9 years since the last update. It's time.

Also we could tone down the big threats so we can have a break to focus on world building.

What I expect? OLD GODS! IN SPAAAACE! Anduin leading the united armies of Horde and Alliance against the great darkness in the name of himself, he and Humanity. Or something else that's utterly boring and full of drudgery in the name of 'cool'.

Or we go back in time to an alternate Draenor. Again. To deal with the lightbound.

Or Bolvar.

Or a mix of any or all of the above.

As for the gameplay side of things? Don't know. Don't really care. Probably the same flavor of shit from the last three expansions with a different topping.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    So im just curious what people think the next expansion will be like. Now im NOT talking about theme but rather the gameplay ie; the systems.

Do you think that we will see YET AGAIN systems like the mission table? Will wq come back? Will there be some form of AP whether it be another artifact piece like heart of azeroth or just some form of AP resource? Will gear progression continue as it is?

Ofc we have no idea what will come but we have some basis from legion and bfa.

I believe as much as i HATE them, mission tables, wq, and some sort of AP will return in the next expac... what are your thoughts?
    After the mandates from Activision to make new games now, the next expansion will be a half assed copy of BFA, that was a hal fassed copy of legion. They wont be able to to make anymore quality content for WOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing will change for the positive as long as they keep Ion on. He needs fired asap, along with most of the other devs
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Stupid fails to you =/= "stupid fails" from player behaviour and participation data.

Player behaviour shapes the game more than anything.
    And it was only a matter of time before people extended the saint-status to those 2 after so many years of them being literally behind anything bad and none of the good I guess.
    They wouldn't be at Blizzard forever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

usual class revamp..
    possible stat squish, but depends on the scaling bump we reach at the last tier..
    i expect a new class... or at least hope so

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably going to be a mess considering their current design philosophy.

The game is going to be the same as it's now aka shit or they have to do a serious 180 to turn everything around and that will be a clusterfuck. Doesn't look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW and the lucrative microtransactions (lmtx).
    Same as now, only more of the same.
    Even more races (quadruple allied and hostile hybrid races, mixed abc and so on) , more store mounts, all full cosmetic store transmog sets.
    And lets not forget the amazing new super hero- store-classes.

Obv what he means is that we went from like 35 spells to 10 or 15ish and along the way almost all rpg aspects of the game dissapeared. All it is now is just 'fast combat'
    Which would a) not be anything even remotely close to a MOBA and b) incorrect.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they dig in and seriously revamp systems. Namely class design (and no I don't mean undo the Prune) and leveling content.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

the best is all the previous threads I have seen with people saying there won't be another expansion. ROFL, ok, yeah right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    WoW and the lucrative microtransactions (lmtx).
    Same as now, only more of the same.
    Even more races (quadruple allied and hostile hybrid races, mixed abc and so on) , more store mounts, all full cosmetic store transmog sets.
    And lets not forget the amazing new super hero- store-classes.
    If we haven't had races and classes added to the store since WOTLK, we won't have them. Yes, people were saying that shit back then, and here we are now, a decade later and they've even discontinued Transmog items from the store because they were a failure (Hoorah!).

If they stopped the sub business model, I'd be worried though.

That being said, it'd be funny as hell to see them try. The salt could be used to fuel McDonald's for aeons to come (yes, I'd generate it too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    the best is all the previous threads I have seen with people saying there won't be another expansion. ROFL, ok, yeah right.....
    Wishful thinking on their end. Rather pathetic, but that's ex-partner syndrome in a nutshell.
    They've only been saying it for 12+ years at this point, one day they might be right! Not whilst the game is still hugely profitable, but someday. Maybe. Look at the MMORPGs still around despite never reaching an iota of WoW's success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If we haven't had races and classes added to the store since WOTLK, we won't have them. Yes, people were saying that shit back then, and here we are now, a decade later and they've even discontinued Transmog items from the store because they were a failure.

If they stopped the sub business model, I'd be worried though.

That being said, it'd be funny as hell to see them try. The salt could be used to fuel McDonald's for aeons to come (yes, I'd generate it too).

- - - Updated - - -

Wishful thinking on their end. Rather pathetic, but that's ex-partner syndrome in a nutshell.
    They've only been saying it for 12+ years at this point, one day they might be right! Not whilst the game is still hugely profitable, but someday. Maybe. Look at the MMORPGs still around despite never reaching an iota of WoW's success.
    It was a very hyperbolish post, about as constructive as a Old God whisper.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    1) Class overhauls for every class. This has been the #1 complaint with BfA and Blizzard has heard it loud and clear. Expect many of the heart of Azeroth abilities coming in 8.2 to be baseline in 9.0.

2) Scaling back Titanforging again. Blizzard scaled it back once with BfA but didnt go far enough according to the majority of the community.

3) More interesting gear will be made like Crucible of Storms, less stat sticks.

4) AP will re-tooled to give more agency to the player. Possibly used as a currency to purchase gear upgrades such as sockets, thunderforges, and affixes.

5) Blizzard will take a step towards making reputations interesting again and not glorified world quest trackers.

6) Improvements to War Mode

7) Expeditions and Warfronts will be scrapped and a new feature using similar assets will be added.
    Amen, brother. May Blizz listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now im NOT talking about theme but rather the gameplay ie; the systems.

Well, I'd say it can't get any worse, but I've said that before and been proven wrong multiple times so... yeah. With the way this company operates right now, with who's in charge in charge, I don't think it's going to be getting any better.

If I had to guess, we'll likely be stuck with copy/paste mission tables again, with a clone of the Azerite/Artifact power systems for another infinite grind, and probly get the classes pruned down some more because classes having literally any depth at all is a big no-no in today's WoW.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which would a) not be anything even remotely close to a MOBA and b) incorrect.
    oh for fksake, whether hes wrong or not its not hard to understand what he means....

Like in terms of gearing why cant we go bk just to normal gearing without artifact/azerite pieces and titanforging....
    Because they probably have statistics saying we play more with TF and grinding azerite. Fun factor can't be measured easily, and wow probably has the most loyal fanbase, seeing a lot of us has invested a decade to this game.

If next expansion isn't upping their game with classes and new abilites, better balance for m+, I'm fucking gone (hopefully for only an expansion), even though it hurts a lot after such a long time with no other MMO to replace it with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Would you also demand a bazooka in Counter Strike because the AK is too boring for you?
    Counter strike is in a completely different league then wow, this isn't Wotlk we're playing. CS is older and renewed, yet stayed classic, and has way more players then wow, the esport scene is fantastic. We even get study points in my country for learning CS.
    Wow has tons of problems, and the decisions they make come this expansion, I bet many are on the fence whether they'll play it or not. Problem with blizz is they are in panic mode, and they are just grabbing quick cash points which may look good now, but will hurt them later. I hope they can steer the ship in the right direction though.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are mixing up what they hope for in a thread that's asking what you think will actually happen.

I want a lot of things to change in the next expansion; I expect precious few will actually be fixed.

Class design, for example, has had trouble for multiple expansions. They're fine with it being so poor.

For new systems. I'd think something battle royale might be worked in.

Assuming that my hunch on N'zoth winning and the players going into the shadowlands, that might be more feasable if indeed alliance and horde both are gone.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

oh for fksake, whether hes wrong or not its not hard to understand what he means....
    I refer you to part b) for that.

Also, funny how many people ask about class overhauls. As if we didn't get those every expansion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't make classes fun again then it's DoA.

I don't see them going back on current gearing, WQ, or WF/TF cancer since they enjoy justifying them so in their eyes everything is a-okay.

New talents and builds, race that isn't a reskin, new class, these would all be major selling points but I give 0 fucks about race because class design is so trash it needs to be addressed first.

Void themed class for sure.