Spring cleaning of my PC ( need a bit of advice )

Ok so i started to clean up my PC software ( games mainly ) as i am on the lookout to get a SSD finally, and a Samsung 500GB 860 EVO is up for grabs at the local store for cheap.

So i did look into what games i actually play and started to delete all the games that did just gather dust.

Here is the thing tho ..... i deleted most .. at this point i got 6 games left installed ( btw damn having so many launchers for games now ... )

Windows 10 says i am using 365 GB of my HD now out of a total of 2TB

games installed now :

Binding of Isaac : 608 MB
    Xcom 2 66 GB
    Slay the spire 404 MB
    The Witcher 3 51 GB
    Darkest Dungeon 2.9 GB
    Dota 2: 21 GB ( i did fall into the Auto Chess trap )

that is 141 GB of games

Does it sound right that the system ( windows etc. ) are using 224 GB of HD space ? or am i missing something ? i could just grab a 1TB SSD but that is close to triple the price and i might hold it off a bit if that is what is needed.

Did a bit of poking around on the internet and all i could find was random software to *clean* the PC and i have a bit of a issue with downloading things from sites i do not know .....

also a few games refuses to get deleted like Crysis 2 that Win 10 claims is using 9.09 GB of space

i know i could do a clean install on the new SSD but i rather clone the old HD tbh. and save the hassle of setting up stuff again..... so any advice from the tech knowing here ?

Edit ... cleaned out a bit more so 6 games.

I had a similar issue and determined that my recycle bin was corrupted. Google "corrupted recycle bin windows 10" for a fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Treesize or something to find out what's taking up space. It may be windows updates or a broken AV program, or previous windows installers.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Use Treesize or something to find out what's taking up space. It may be windows updates or a broken AV program, or previous windows installers.
    Treesize did it ! it was as simple as stuff in the download folder, thanks !

Do a clean install anyways. Im always boggled by the people who are so terrified of a clean install.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2019-03-17 at 10:09 PM.