Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Depends on what it's made from. Could be a solid chunk of super-high density carbon out there. Basically a giant uncut diamond that wouldn't burn up very easily. Who the hell knows. There's an entire belt out there of stuff, not counting whatever bumps into something in the Oort Cloud and heads our way.

But yeah, mostly the smaller ones aren't what we have to worry about. And fortunately a lot of the bigger ones get sucked in by Saturn and Jupiter's gravity wells. We're surprisingly well protected, all things considered.

Now if only we'd stop fighting and killing each other constantly, we could get off this planet and drop the chance of total species wipe to almost 0....that'd be great.
    A giant diamond would evaporate in seconds.

The vast majority of things coming at us we won't see until it is between us and the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They monitor the big ones. Like continent destroyers. Little ones like this can get through, because even though they could destroy a city, it's not world-ending. And that's the key here. A city gets destroyed and the human race goes on. An entire continent gets destroyed and we've got problems.
    Though if a meteor did happen to get through and destroy a city, someone would most definitely try and blame it on America or Russia somehow. Either claim they didn't catch it or did and didn't warn anyone or it was a false flag and a nuke was dropped instead. I mean imagine a country using a random meteor collision as an excuse to go to war.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Though if a meteor did happen to get through and destroy a city, someone would most definitely try and blame it on America or Russia somehow. Either claim they didn't catch it or did and didn't warn anyone or it was a false flag and a nuke was dropped instead. I mean imagine a country using a random meteor collision as an excuse to go to war.
    That's silly.

Everyone knows that if such a thing were to happen it would be because Space bugs sent the meteor at us.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.