Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"where they least expect it" should be nerfed.

I saw a similar thread but it was closed. Thing is, the guy had a valid point. I am a kinda new player, I left the game halfway through WOD so I have not done legion content. For me, story is most important and I enjoy doing the quests and discovering the story as it unfolds. I am not doing this for rep to get light forged draenei, I'm doing it so I can follow the story in order. I got to this quest and it has proven impossible for me to do this. There have been no other players around and nobody will join the group I started. I have been pussy footing around this demon dimension trying to pick off the non elites to fill the bar and no idea what I'll do when I reach stage 2. To say this is demoralising is a massive understatement. I come to this game for fun, and fun is not being had. I am not a happy girl. I'm level 113 from doing suramar and argus quests but I don't fancy grinding in this place just to get up to 120 and I can't start BFA content because I won't understand the context of many of the quests and events. It'll ruin it for me. So I'm stuck waiting here until I'm lucky enough for somebody to turn up. It's been a coupe of hours now and I'm wondering why blizzard have done this to me. Why am I forced to sit and wait and do nothing in a game that I'm paying a monthly fee for? This isn't right.

You snooze, you lose. It's outdated content so you gain/lose nothing by waiting to solo it. Your chance to do it as relevant content passed... 8 months ago?

Come back and do it when you're 120 or find people to do it with.

Don't complain you can't do something when you're the one putting limitations on yourself for why you can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You snooze, you lose. It's outdated content so you gain/lose nothing by waiting to solo it. Your chance to do it as relevant content passed... 8 months ago?
    It's not like I'm asking for nighthold to be soloable, this is a single quest in a long line of story quests according to wowhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Come back and do it when you're 120 or find people to do it with.

Don't complain you can't do something when you're the one putting limitations on yourself for why you can't do it.
    I feel like you didn't really read my post.

Blizzard has nerfed older group quests in the past multiple times, so I think it's fair if they do so with that.

You should however submit a bug report or at least post in the official forums. Posting it here is kinda pointless, this is a fan-site meant for discussions.

Oh and btw: You won't miss out on the BfA lore by not doing these quests. At lvl120 these quests are easy solo
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-03-18 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadne View Post
    It's not like I'm asking for nighthold to be soloable, this is a single quest in a long line of story quests according to wowhead.

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't v far off though, it's similar to asking to solo, for instance, nathanos blightcaller in vanilla EPL. It's a raid encounter for the most part.

I did.

If you've done Antorus, or even just seen the end cinematic of it, you're not missing anything relevant for BfA. Tying your hand behind your back and putting false barriers in your way is only hurting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I did.

If you've done Antorus, or even just seen the end cinematic of it, you're not missing anything relevant for BfA. Tying your hand behind your back and putting false barriers in your way is only hurting you.
    I understand what you're saying. I'm quite a lore nerd though. I am relishing the opportunity to learn about how sargeras came to argus and messed things up. For me it's a big deal to get this background story before watching a video of antorus, because I know it'll be hard to get a group for that and raids are generally lore light.
    since I've not done legion before, I wish to enjoy this as much as I can now before I move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Blizzard has nerfed older group quests in the past multiple times, so I think it's fair if they do so with that.

You should however submit a bug report or at least post in the official forums. Posting it here is kinda pointless, this is a fan-site meant for discussions.

Oh and btw: You won't miss out on the BfA lore by not doing these quests. At lvl120 these quests are easy solo
    Thank you I will post there tomorrow

I understand what you're saying. I'm quite a lore nerd though. I am relishing the opportunity to learn about how sargeras came to argus and messed things up. For me it's a big deal to get this background story before watching a video of antorus, because I know it'll be hard to get a group for that and raids are generally lore light.
    since I've not done legion before, I wish to enjoy this as much as I can now before I move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you I will post there tomorrow
    You are severely overestimating how much lore there is on Argus in legion lol. Nothing there will be affected by BFA trust me.

As a lore nerd myself i understand your pain! i might suggest asking a guildie who's 120 to come help if there's one =x

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You are severely overestimating how much lore there is on Argus in legion lol. Nothing there will be affected by BFA trust me.
    not true.
    Now that I have competed the argus quest lines i know certain things about Alleria. If I had not experienced that, I would have been confused and frustrated when Anduin called me to the embasssy to discuss allied races and Alleria started talking about void elves etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't start BFA content because I won't understand the context of many of the quests and events.
    There is nothing about the pre-quests of BfA or the Events of BfA that require anything on Argus. You are not forced to sit and wait and do nothing in a game you are paying a monthly fee for. You have chosen to limit what content you want to do. There may be no one joining your group but the few times I headed back to argus (to finally get the ghost pet) I saw plenty of people running around doing stuff.

It may be your play time. Head to Dalaran and try trade. Someone might be willing to help. Join a guild some might be willing to help. Try a community. But again you are the one limiting yourself by saying you can't do other content until X goal. Your artifact is already disabled. You are already "out of sync" with the story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'd help you if I could, but I'm horde

Best of luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the quest with invasion points?

I can give you a hand, I have a 120 horde and 120 alliance, either should suffice. Send me a PM with your battle tag, I should be around tomorrow evening.

not true.
    Now that I have competed the argus quest lines i know certain things about Alleria. If I had not experienced that, I would have been confused and frustrated when Anduin called me to the embasssy to discuss allied races and Alleria started talking about void elves etc.
    If it confuses and frustrates you, I think the issue is that you take it way too seriously. It's a bit dramatic honestly. All the lore is still there, it's unrealistic to expect the new expansion not to move on with information that is known to all the people who played while it was relevant. They're not removing any of the lore like they did with the legendary campaigns in Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, you can still experience the whole story eventually once you are strong enough to take on the group content on your own.

It's always been that way every expansion. You can't get the complete and cohesive story going from 1 to 120 anyway. There's no point in getting upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Instead of being assholes why not offer to help?

If you are on US servers feel free to PM me and I will help where I can, I have both horde and alli @120 decently geared.
    I don't offer to help whiners.
    You can, obv, but my time is better spent elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    report it as a bug or as a suggestion ingame
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there, I am that guy.

Listen to them, their advice is good. Wait till 120, gear up a fair bit and come back later. Just go ahead and enjoy BFA- I know how you feel but you can enjoy it without finishing the Argus campaign. It will be there when you are ready.

idk why you would comment at all then (or even keep coming back to check this thread after the fact)? If you don't want to help fine, but must you make mean-spirited comments just for the fuck of it?
    don't care dude, just carry the whiner

idk why you would comment at all then (or even keep coming back to check this thread after the fact)? If you don't want to help fine, but must you make mean-spirited comments just for the fuck of it?
    Dude's got the right to comment, even if someone else finds it to be mean spirited. Helping people and being all nice about it is fine, but different takes and commentary definitely have their place too.

That said, I can help you out OP if you are EU. Drop me a PM if that is the case.