Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The end point of Legion was likely established early on: actually beating them on Argus and imprisoning Sargeras, so they needed to get KJ out of the way for that to happen

Does feel wasted though, and the mythic encounter itself was just really frustrating with the long intermissions and the pass/fail, and hoping for good spawns in the Illidan phase since you really needed to kill everything in one go. Spaceship was cool though, but fighting him in the Nether was far too convenient.

Sunwell KJ was still epic for its time, lots of cool abilities, though much easier than M'uru. Input lag was a killer though.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-26 at 05:43 AM.

Man I was so pissed at how they managed KJ in Legion. They were doing a fine job with Legion, (EN had been weak but Nighthold was one of the best raids I've done in WoW) and then 7.2 came and destroyed KJ as a character. IMO it would have been better to not kill KJ in 7.2 and follow him to Argus to face him in his Cristaline Palace, I wanted to see that place since he was pushed back in the sunwell.

KJ was butchered. Master strategist tries to run into twisting nether and let us follow him. He just let us to only place where we could defeat him for good. How is this smart? Why he didn't fight us on Azeroth so if we defeat him he could respawn in time. Same as Archimond. hohoho I'm ok here but those mortals are starting to kick my ass. Better port them to twisting nether so they can actually kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Same as Archimond. hohoho I'm ok here but those mortals are starting to kick my ass. Better port them to twisting nether so they can actually kill me.
    This made me laugh. Burning Legion didn't seem dangerous at all. The most impressive moment was at the Broken Shore,when you fought few waves of demons and then you see the lieutenants appear and see the legendary names among them. Afterwards,all of them were dealt with,with them shouting their pathetic,empty threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is the thing there were only a handful of failures in all this time, the legion has at least 99.9999% rate of success, Azeroth is the only world that ever managed to stand against them.
    When you're a god like being who's used to getting his way 99.9999% of the time that 0.0001% time will fuck with you See Novel version of Pennywise.

But then again I'm not a god like demon lord so I can't assume how one would feel.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    KJ was butchered. Master strategist tries to run into twisting nether and let us follow him. He just let us to only place where we could defeat him for good. How is this smart? Why he didn't fight us on Azeroth so if we defeat him he could respawn in time. Same as Archimond. hohoho I'm ok here but those mortals are starting to kick my ass. Better port them to twisting nether so they can actually kill me.
    I guess they get a power boost from being in the Nether as well. Anyway, since time is clearly on the Legion's side KJ could just have let us kill him and then respawned and get the next invasion rolling. There is not much we could've done.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Kil'jaeden's encounter with Illidan is where he actually felt like a real threatening villain:

The Sunwell art for Kil'jaeden pretty much kept his badass looks:

he looks soo badass!!!

I remember when Illidan was afraid of him when he appeared in front oh him.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-03-26 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    he looks soo badass!!!

I remember when Illidan was afraid him when he appeared in front oh him.
    Thats when he didnt have anime voiceactor. In Legion he was just a snarky cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats when he didnt have anime voiceactor. In Legion he was just a snarky cunt.
    The voiceactors in the KJ cinemtaic in TFT are so much better imo now I've seen both back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The voiceactors in the KJ cinemtaic in TFT are so much better imo now I've seen both back to back.
    Well enjoy while you can, Liam O'Brien is definitely comming back for remastered. Guy can make only two voices, and one of those is Gollum.

Well enjoy while you can, Liam O'Brien is definitely comming back for remastered. Guy can make only two voices, and one of those is Gollum.
    It's Grom's and Mannoroth's voices I'll miss most. The Mannoroth voice was so generic in WoD when he had a much more threatening voice i WC3.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

the guy who voiced Illidan in WC3 was really good.

O'brien is good but there isn't much emotion in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    he looks soo badass!!!

I remember when Illidan was afraid of him when he appeared in front oh him.
    Yep I was super confused during Legion of how ilidan went from trembling in front of KJ to come at me brah ill 1v1 you with no reason for the power boost or confidence in between.. But legion writers had to make ilidan badass and shit writing is shit..

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yep I was super confused during Legion of how ilidan went from trembling in front of KJ to come at me brah ill 1v1 you with no reason for the power boost or confidence in between.. But legion writers had to make ilidan badass and shit writing is shit..
    I guess having a priest and a powerful mage with him is better than having the entire Outland with you LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    He got another Skull of Gul'dan. He had the Sargerite Keystone. He had a plan. It's also possible that he got a power boost in anticipation of Gul'dan using him as an Avatar for Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    He got another Skull of Gul'dan. He had the Sargerite Keystone. He had a plan. It's also possible that he got a power boost in anticipation of Gul'dan using him as an Avatar for Sargeras.
    The previous skull of guldan was a demonic artifact that the demons were using, it first started as a joke to fuck with guldan one last time for trying to double cross the legion and then become a legit weapon. Got empowered further to be used as a tool spread fel and corrupt azeroth during the legion invasion. The new skull of guldan was just the skull of some dead orc.. it was symbolic only.

Sargerite keystone is a portal opener? not a power boost that ilidan used personally also if it was such an artifact that could empower you, how did we kill the previous owner so easily to get it..

you need to be a fanatic ilidan fanboy or the most extreme blizzknight to even attempt to justify his sudden power level boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The Shadow Council is dead though.
    Not really. Plus, it's a fictional game with fictional lore that can be adjusted on a whim, because it's a fictional game with fictional lore.

P.S. Please notice the continued usage of the word, fictional (along with its root).

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Not really. Plus, it's a fictional game with fictional lore that can be adjusted on a whim, because it's a fictional game with fictional lore.

P.S. Please notice the continued usage of the word, fictional (along with its root).
    Yeah, fuck the rules and a consistent world. Oh wait, that is exactly Blizz MO...

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    1. he didn't get anything when he killed Gul'dan and they only put that in an homage to his first consummation of the Skull and that TBC cinematic
    2. Sargerite Keystone doesn't amp you at all
    3. he didn't nor was it ever stated.

the only logical explanation is that he had a lot of powerful allies this time so he got confidence and even that is stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Better option. Kairoz goes back in time and saves Gul'dan in the tomb.
    Or we could ignore the AU and time travel nonsense (since it has no place in decent storytelling).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah, fuck the rules and a consistent world. Oh wait, that is exactly Blizz MO...
    After the death of the Lich King, the story jumped the shark (since then, they've been making shit up on the fly).