Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Truthfully, at this point, the best thing for the franchise is to reset the game, i.e. create WoW II (coupled with massive retcons to the shitshow that they've created).

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Or we could ignore the AU and time travel nonsense (since it has no place in decent storytelling).

- - - Updated - - -

After the death of the Lich King, the story jumped the shark (since then, they've been making shit up on the fly).
    You are aware that they'd been 'making shit up' since Warcraft 3? The orcs worshipped 'Daemons' from hell in the first couple of games. Even afterwards, they've been 'making shit up on the fly' . I don't recall Silithid in Warcraft 3. When was that War of the Sands? Who the hell is this 'Staghelm' guy? There's evil dwarves? Ragna-whos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    How do you know this to be true? Do you work in their offices? Sit at their desks?

I think there's more angles to story-telling inside a corporate entity than anyone who doesn't work at Blizzard can accurately describe. Those angles are often called "budgets".
    Nice. Your "go to" is corporate overlord telling Blizzard to push a shit narrative because of Budgets? That way of thinking is counter productive to profit margins, which is the main thing the corporate side of the company are interested in. Shit story leads to falling subs, loss of profits, death of product.

The expansion stories are long term gestational things. BfA was conceived long before Legion came out, Legion was conceived long before WoD came...and so on. The stories evolve along the way until a final shape is decided. Not only that, but the writers do take internal feedback from the various development departments too. That is the creative process, and has been stated in a wealth of interviews and articles in the past, almost all of which have been dissected on this very site.

I don't envy writers at all these days. Pretty much every idea has been done before, so absolute originality is scarce, and the poison that makes up a large demographic of the internet community is sat eagerly waiting to eviscerate anything that even smells familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeXD View Post
    Yeah well after what, a gazillion years worth of failures I didn't expect him to greet the next attempt with the same moustache twirling enthusiasm as year 1.

Gone to shit? Where have you been? The story has always been juvenile nonsense, at least with this they changed it up a bit unintentionally or not.
    He does have a point though. To be fair it's really a letdown when an almighty demon lord's main trait once he is introduced is that he's tired lol. Imagine being exhausted of progressing the raid, you get to the last boss and he's tired. I would try to cheer him up at that point

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Blizzard is like Bitch please, Void is the Endgame of the Endgame.
    Death > Void. Void is scared of Death.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Death > Void. Void is scared of Death.
    wonderful.

Well. WoW was ruining warcraft lore for most of it's past. So there is nothing strange about screwing KJ.
    Personally after W3 I was hoping there will be conflict between KJ and Lich King. However since WoW everyone dies to random guys from horde and alliance.

Not to derail the thread, but Gul'dan should have been the following:

a) The AU should have never occurred.
    b) KJ contacts the Shadow Council, and the Shadow Council sends someone to the Broken Isles.
    c) Once they're there, the SC locates Gul'dan's remains, and they infused his spirit into the husk of a fallen orc (or human), i.e. he's given the First Generation of DKs treatment.
    d) Once alive, KJ instructs Gul'dan on the new plot, and the established lore from LGN proceeds from there.
    I mean the world's strongest warlock died in a place of intense fel energy. The myraid ways of his survival write themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yep I was super confused during Legion of how ilidan went from trembling in front of KJ to come at me brah ill 1v1 you with no reason for the power boost or confidence in between.. But legion writers had to make ilidan badass and shit writing is shit..
    The problem is TBC era callous misuse of the key characters being turned into memes and cannon fodder. If that would not happen then maybe they did not need to scrape shit off the fridge walls trying to make a meal 10 years forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You are aware that they'd been 'making shit up' since Warcraft 3? The orcs worshipped 'Daemons' from hell in the first couple of games. Even afterwards, they've been 'making shit up on the fly' . I don't recall Silithid in Warcraft 3. When was that War of the Sands? Who the hell is this 'Staghelm' guy? There's evil dwarves? Ragna-whos?
    Cute story! The game jumped the shark in the post-WotLK era.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to put my thoughts into some context: we went from demonic orcs versus medieval humans (with the accompanying swords and boards and magic) to a nebulous, demonic army (coupled with a nebulous definition of the Pantheon) to spaceships with lasers, interstellar travel, flying machines, time travel, etc.

Yeah, such a wasted potential. Think if he was a evil human instead, there would be only one raid in Legion.

But yeah, KJ was lackluster in Legion. Fits rest of the Broken Shore story lol. His little scene in the Sunwell gave me a proper impression of how majestic and important his character is for the story, and game.

Lets give him the praise he deserve, "give it to em KJ".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    -snip-
    Garrosh is a good villain ? Garrosh that they literally said that the reason he became evil is because 'half of the writing team didn't get the memo' for his change from cata to mop is a 'good' villain ? The guy was literally written as strong independent honorable warchief only to turn to hitler with no explanation in next exp in-game, with literally the explanation is because 'half of team didn't get the memo', exact literal words from alex afrasiabi in interview at 11/11/2014 date
    Garrosh holds the 'honor' of being the worst written character in wow history, because half of team - that is in EXACT same room as the other half - 'didn't get the memo', probably busy smocking so much weed to not notice the f8ck that is happening literally 2 meters away from them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Truthfully, at this point, the best thing for the franchise is to reset the game, i.e. create WoW II (coupled with massive retcons to the shitshow that they've created).
    I'd prefer a time skip of one or two thousand years in the future. That way I don't have to see most of the god damn cast anymore, most importantly every last developed human would be dead, which would be a huge plus.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-03-30 at 02:16 AM.

7.2 felt rushed, and I hated how KJ was portrayed in the ToS.

But then Argus came out, and I forgot all about that dumb shit. Oh, and I also got to do my literal favorite raid in WoW right next to Ulduar, Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I'd prefer a time skip of one or two thousand years in the future. That way I don't have to see most of the god damn cast anymore, most importantly every last developed human would be dead, which would be a huge plus.
    Turalyon and Medivh would stay, but I don't know if it's bad. We would still be happy that boy king and his retarded aunt died.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.