Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    Humans will kill each other into oblivion in the next 30 years
    I'd enjoy being reincarnated in Oblivion, but Morrowind would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wonder if the front row or back row was safer for the people in this tram.
    I can't wait for the final season of "Humans"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Damn, always these white supremacist we all hate so much here.
    distrusting muslims because they have a higher chance to be murderous psychopaths does not make one a white supremacist.

its not a terrorist attack , it was a revenge attack

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    its not a terrorist attack , it was a revenge attack
    all good then, bubba

Quote Originally Posted by ico-2 View Post
    distrusting muslims because they have a higher chance to be murderous psychopaths does not make one a white supremacist.
    Correct, however it does makes them a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    So if a person is reluctant (not hateful or against ) to make a (insert religion here) there friend, they are a piece of shit ?

So if a person is reluctant (not hateful or against ) to make a (insert religion here) there friend, they are a piece of shit ?
    An unwillingness to be friends with someone is completely different than prejudice towards someone because you think they're more likely to be a murderer. You're completely void of logic, and I am not the least surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    Being wary of a religion with very dark age tenents makes you a piece of shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Be a bit nicer too the jews and christians pls.

That's not what written, try and keep up. I'm by no means a fan of the intolerant belief system that is Islam, however I am intelligent enough to call prejudice what it is. Suggesting "murderous psychopath" Muslims are so prevalent that it should determine whether or not you should trust someone is moronic. Being judgemental of the religion and distrusting individuals based on ridiculously unlikely criminal tendencies are monumentally different things.

Aww damn another big terrorist attack what a bad week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Aww damn another big terrorist attack what a bad week.
    Not confirmed yet its terrorism.

Since the only explanation you've offered is irrational hatred or fear of members of said faith, yes. What you are describing is, definitively, prejudice.

Unless you're applying the same bullshit prejudiced standard to Jews and Christians and Bhuddists and Hindus and so forth, yes.

All those faiths are based on even older tenets. But this isn't about the tenets of the faith being outdated, this is about hate and fear and literally nothing else. As can be made absolutely clear by the fact that you tried to imply that all practitioners of said religion all believe in the same interpretation and practice regarding those tenets, which in the case of Islam, is patently untrue, and thus means you are engaging in prejudice.

Judge individuals by their own actual actions and conduct. That's the standard. If you're making up reasons to hate them based on superficial characteristics and assumptions, you're flinging unwarranted hatred at someone you haven't made any effort to get to know, because you hate and/or fear them, based on your own overactive imagination, not reality.

The Patient
    Terrible that this happened, but I'm not at all surprised that this was a terrorist attack, where as the New Zealand one was a 'mass shooting'.

Can we at least be fair in reporting and call both events a terrorist attack? Why do we need to label it more horrific only if a person of non-white skin does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Since the only explanation you've offered is irrational hatred or fear of members of said faith, yes. What you are describing is, definitively, prejudice.

Unless you're applying the same bullshit prejudiced standard to Jews and Christians and Bhuddists and Hindus and so forth, yes.

All those faiths are based on even older tenets. But this isn't about the tenets of the faith being outdated, this is about hate and fear and literally nothing else. As can be made absolutely clear by the fact that you tried to imply that all practitioners of said religion all believe in the same interpretation and practice regarding those tenets, which in the case of Islam, is patently untrue, and thus means you are engaging in prejudice.

Judge individuals by their own actual actions and conduct. That's the standard. If you're making up reasons to hate them based on superficial characteristics and assumptions, you're flinging unwarranted hatred at someone you haven't made any effort to get to know, because you hate and/or fear them, based on your own overactive imagination, not reality.
    There is nothing wrong with Muslims. I respect every individual's right to practice their faith (even those dirty pastafarians). That being said, you are once again participating in a false equivalence. There aren't multinational terrorist groups the size of Isil, or the numerous other insurgent groups that have risen and fallen fighting to instill the equivalent of Christian or Jewish Shariah law. I don't think it is fair to be prejudiced against Muslims because of the acts of a radical group under their banner, but let's please not be disingenuous. You're better (and smarter) than that.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Says, they just arrested him.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-...95012b783e6e10

If it hasn't been posted yet. Nice that they'll be a trial.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Terrible that this happened, but I'm not at all surprised that this was a terrorist attack, where as the New Zealand one was a 'mass shooting'.

Can we at least be fair in reporting and call both events a terrorist attack? Why do we need to label it more horrific only if a person of non-white skin does it?
    Treating it as "mass shooting" is the first step to build the anti-gun narrative, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Treating it as "mass shooting" is the first step to build the anti-gun narrative, that's why.
    That narrative goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Muslims. I respect every individual's right to practice their faith (even those dirty pastafarians). That being said, you are once again participating in a false equivalence. There aren't multinational terrorist groups the size of Isil, or the numerous other insurgent groups that have risen and fallen fighting to instill the equivalent of Christian or Jewish Shariah law. I don't think it is fair to be prejudiced against Muslims because of the acts of a radical group under their banner, but let's please not be disingenuous. You're better (and smarter) than that.
    You've got this backwards.

I'm not saying you can't take issue with someone being a member or supporter of ISIS.

I'm saying you can't rationally take issue with someone being Muslim.

Equating those two, that is the false equivalence being made, here. It's particularly silly when there have been active terrorist groups within other faith groups, which you're ignoring.